Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

MzSwift

On 1/2, I cornrowed my hair with the intent to rock a wig over them. I've only worn a wig once in the last 2 weeks. That's pretty much been my story for the past two years. So I'm not fighting it anymore. My primary style is my hair being tucked away. I will only wear it out on occasion. And I think I wanna keep it this way.

Also, bc I suck at cornrowing, I always tangle my hair when I take down my cornrows. It's getting longer so that just too risky. I'm either gonna do plaits or mini braids/twists instead. Leaning heavier toward plaits bc they don't take as long to take down. OR I could just put in some mini braids and not take them down until my next relaxer. :scratchchin:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Whew, chile. My nose is running like it's trying out for the Olympics :perplexed::lol:

On the hair side, babyyy I have been looking raggedy. I'm slowly taking my micro braids, and combining them to bigger braids. It's taking me a minute because I'm trying to get rid of a lot of stuff so the hair has taken a back seat. I try to moisturize as often as I can remember. Grease has been my saving grace, that and the TGIN Green Tea Leave in. I'm not noticing a lot of breakage, and I am taking them down dry.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
I really adore wigs I want a wig room or at least a dedicated side of my closet for my wigs because they are life. As much as I have wants to grow long hair all the way back since age 8/9 when I noticed how poorly I was treated for being fat and short hair but my hair may never be full body yrs of damage and stress but I can always make myself over with some fresh hair.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Man, Joseph in jail, nurturing this tree and as he lay every brick, he lets go of the pain and remembers his freedom.

Whooo Lawd!!! God still working on me because when Potiphar showed up with his shameful face, id would have asked where dat hooker at?

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
Tried a hard water shampoo and treatment and now 2 weeks in my wig braids are supple like ok this isn’t normal. It took a few days of moisture because the shampoo is like a clarifier but geez. May pull the steamer out for my wash day to keep this going.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Imma need this stomach to go somewhere. Its messing up the lines of my clothes,

I really don't want to go under the knife. After I lose 27lbs I'll see if toning helps ( forgot I weighed myself this morning)

On another note, anyone use collagen creamer?

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

@Bette Davis Eyes you want surgery like a lipo360 or just lose skin? I def have been contemplating as I get older. For me no one talks about the aftermath of what poverty and trauma does even yrs later to the beauty.
And not tried collagen creamer.
I remember reading an article yeeeears ago, basically they said it affected the brain like PTSD from a war if I'm remembering it correctly.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
There is something about a mid week beauty night that hits different. Took a loooong shower so I could try out a new body wash and lotion, micro needled my face and moisturized my hair. Just feel luxe. I def can say my hair does not like oil I noticed how dry my hair gets vs using water based things so I need to purge all of them so I have space for things sad truly sad.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@Bette Davis Eyes you want surgery like a lipo360 or just lose skin? I def have been contemplating as I get older. For me no one talks about the aftermath of what poverty and trauma does even yrs later to the beauty.
And not tried collagen creamer.

So after my first son I had a pouch. It’s always been there even with I got my 4pack showing on my abs. Then my second son and all this extra weight(Losing it) it’s really pronounced in bodycon fit clothes. I want the pouch to goooo. @Plushottie

I’ll see when I hit my first big milestone after 27lbs.

ItsMeLilLucky

You are correct. It does so much that it’s like I don’t know if I will be able to fix it all as I’m also aging so it’s like I’m trying to outrun the sunset in life.
Well fix the things you can, and give yourself grace for the things that aren't readily fixable. I literally started casting my cares on the LORD. I'm 5'3 with short arms and I got tired of carrying it :lol: :abducted: :lachen: