Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Shana'

I just noticed that everytime I hit the 4 month mark in a stretch...I consider transitioning. I have no idea what to do, I guess I will continue to stretch until I reach a decision.

Ms. Tiki

It's a shame when you see a recipe for muffins and you realize you have to go in your hair stash and grab the blackstrap molasses to make the recipe. SMH at myself.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Trying a WnG with the Jane Carter curl cream today. Excited to see the results! If it works well, I'm running back to the shop I got it from, n scooping up another jar. They were selling them for $24, which is $10 less than anywhere else. A/G re:Coil is still my fave tho.

lamaria211

Victoria44 said:
Is that a butter or a moisturizer? I've heard good things about it.

Its a moisturizer
Ingredients Water (Aqua) , Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive) , Capric Caprylic Triglycerides , PEG-75 Lanolin , Behentrimonium Methosulfate , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceteareth 20 , Cetyl Alcohol , Dimethicone , Phenyl Trimethicone , Mangifera Indica Seed Butter (Mango) , Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Retinyl Palmitate , Tocopherol , Ascorbic Acid , Biotin , Linoleic Acid , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Fragrance , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Hydrolyzed Silk , CI 19140

img-1.jpeg

naturalagain2

I'm loving this protective styling. I may get a sew in after I take these Sengelese twist out at the end of August. Hopefully I will be BSL in December!

Philippians413

USPS is playing with my emotions right now. I checked the tracking for my Trigger and it says that it was delivered at 9:17 this morning, but I checked and it wasn't. My mail man/woman NEVER comes that early and I'm getting 2 other packages today, also through USPS, which say "out for delivery" not "delivered." I hope I get my trigger with my other packages and nothing bad like it being delivered to the wrong address happened.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
USPS is playing with my emotions right now. I checked the tracking for my Trigger and it says that it was delivered at 9:17 this morning, but I checked and it wasn't. My mail man/woman NEVER comes that early and I'm getting 2 other packages today, also through USPS, which say "out for delivery" not "delivered." I hope I get my trigger with my other packages and nothing bad like it being delivered to the wrong address happened.

Philippians413, what's a Trigger?

Iluvsmuhgrass

I really don't feel like putting in my twists today... at all. I have DC in.... and my Curlbox is supposed to get here today. I'm soooo stoked to see what's in it.

I think I'm going to opt for braids for protective styling. I'm thinking about taking it back to Poetic Justice lol. I thought about a sew in... I might stick with one for a bit and get it tightened as needed. I just want to be lazy. It would be awesome if someone could create an all natural braid spray.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Annoyed - Friend called n canceled the play date....meaning I took my hair out of the twists, and did a WnG for nada... Smh, well I guess my hair will be cute for the supermarket then. :ohwell:

MsLauren

I should be getting my Trigger growth oil tomorrow I hope! I can't wait to use it.
My hair has been feeling pretty dry later so I'm going to start cowashing again and wearing wigs to get my moisture/protein balance back!

NaturalfienD

I printed out my visualization pictures and hit them up with MBL 12-12-2013, which got my husband's attention. I explained that the picture was my new goal for next year ... he got all pumped about it. He asked what my ultimate goal would be and I told him that the dream would be WL hair but that I didn't know if I could 'handle' having that length of hair (washing, styling, etc.) and he felt some kind of way about my statement:

DH: Whatchu mean you can't handle it!?
Me: I think it could be difficult for me when it comes to wash--
DH: What!!
Me: ing and styling it ... :perplexed:
DH: Man, if my hair could grow- I would just wear the OG french braids to the back ... I would just wear it wild if I wanted to. I mean what could they tell me?!
Me: {{pause}} So what would you do if my hair was WL? Would you pull it? :smirk:
DH: Hell naw!! I wouldn't let no body touch it! I would just look at it ... *stares off* look at all that long, flowing hair ... just ... flowing. Everybody would ask me if that was my girl's real hair and I would say hell yeah! It's all hers ...

Me: ... *thinks to self* WL it is. :grin:

Damn y'all, I really didn't know he had a fetish for 'long flowing hair,' I mean the thought of it made him glow and smile hella hard. :lachen: I guess I am doing the crown and glory method until my hair becomes 'long and flowing.' :yep:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
*sigh* shoulda bought that hempseed butter, couldn't bring myself to pay $11 bucks for that little jar tho. Should have picked up that AVG too. Next time. Note to self also pick up that Aubrey's GPB and maybe more HSR :yep:

Last edited:

Americka

I did two tea rinses. The 1st was with black tea covered by conditioner containing panthenol, biotin, nettle, rosemary and AV. The 2nd was with coconut mango oolong tea followed a DC w/ Skala Jaborandi. That tea smells soooooo good. :)

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive

MsLauren

I dyed one of my wigs black and now it looks sooo much better when I wear it. I also broke out my Outre Yasmin wig from last winter and hot water shampooed it to get the shine out.
So I'm going to rotate these two wigs for a couple of weeks and cowash like crazy to combat this dryness in my hair!

LifeafterLHCF

I love working out as it's an excuse for me to cowash on the days I workout. My hair feels so silky. It is so easy to smooth up and slap into a bun so I can stick my phony pony on in the morning.I just have to believe all this is worth it and my hair will grow to APL by next year.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I need to give the Jane Carter curl cream one last shot, before I call Womp. AG is still the curl cream champ tho... JC CC defined my curls, but it didn't get them into those thick clumps that I'm used to from AG. It also didn't give my hair any Life...no bounce or shimmy. When I toss my hair with AG, it feels like my hair is made of marshmallows. My hair Is hella soft though...no crunchy hair at all. We'll see how it does tomorrow...