Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

HanaKuroi

msbettyboop said:
Good grief, Ouidad moisture lock leave in is amazing. I used it for the first time this week, wet two day old twist, applied the leave in, applied oil mix over that then Shea butter to seal it all in. My hair stayed soft and moisturised for 4 days!!! :kisses: I didn't have to rewet for 4 days. I don't care how much shipping costs, this will be my staple leave in from now on. Bye bye Giovanni direct leave in :).

Does it contain avocado oil (persea gratissima)?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

leiah

9 months after I had my baby and my hair still hasn't gone back to its old texture, so I guess this is just how it is now. Trying to accept it.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Used to fully wrap my head. Noticed breakage at the crown (esp on my temples) from wrapping. Now cross wrapping but its killing my ends. Lose lose situation here D:

Anytime I have crown breaking, its from protein imbalance. That area of my hair can take the most protein. Also, when I wrap my hair, I do not focus on really getting that area in the wrap, only making sure that the hair is going somewhat in that direction. I avoid tight wraps like viruses and plagues.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I am 5 weeks post with 6 weeks more to go. My last relaxer I did a mid protein step with Redken and used a neutralizing condish <-too much protein-> so I think that caused my hair to have a looser curl pattern versus a straight (not bone straight) texture. Pondering that if I do a MPS and just a neutralizing shampoo, will I get my straight results back and if I should attempt to "correct" the area that has the thickest texture (that mohawk area to the top of the crown only) or just leave it alone. The rest of my hair is fine.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Still feenin over them fancy mesh rollers...and I need a bigger bonnet. Gonna get the goldNhot jumbo soft bonnet :yep:

Can you believe, 5 years on this board and don't own a seamless comb? I should really invest in one...

spellinto

Prepooing with a blend of cold-pressed castor oil and fractionated coconut oil before I clarify. I should start sealing with this mixture more often. It makes my hair strands feel so soft and luxurious :lick:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Tryin to figure out how I am going to maintain my bangs while i transition/go natural. Because I have to flat iron my bangs its interuppted the new forming curl pattern and looks a hot mess. I always have to bantu knot the crown of my head so it doesnt look a hot mess.

hnntrr how are your bangs cut? How do you usually wear your hair. I don't have issues with my bangs at all.

hnntrr

They are a bit longer now, i need to cut em again. but this is how they are cut:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 32

SunySydeofLyfe

I wish my husband would go on and shave his head and stop asking me will this work on me...nawl man that is mine this is not a game these products are not for play play!!!!

Suny

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Reminder to myself. . I don't have much use for my flat iron...
-I can get my hair straight from airdrying
-I refuse to turn up the heat hot enough to straighten my new growth
-a good steam session along with drinking water and using coconut milk loosens my new growth enough that it is manageable
-I always send up using Caruso rollers after the flat iron anyway
So what's the point???????

hnntrr

oh yours are straight across....yeah those are a pain to maintain:look:

Yeahh, I cut em in a half moon shape and it was a little easier. I might try that again tonight and see. But yeah I def don't have side bangs. The only thing really good about them is that my hair grow straight out on my crown so its most always straight and needs little flat ironing esp if im bantu knotting most of the week.

SmilingElephant

Im loving the cleansing conditioner from the EverCurl line. It works like 3 in one for me. A cleanser, co wash and a rinse out. If it didn't foam, I'd leave it in but i use the regular conditioner from the line for that

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Washed my hair a couple hrs ago and haven't gotten around to setting it yet. I better do it eventually, cause if I just let it airdry and its all voluminous, it'll be a pain to bun I'll regret it.
Meh. I feel sooo lazy...

Hmm what if i just blowdry using the tesion method? Mmm no. I love how much smoother my ends are with setting...Sigh Ok, I'll study for a bit and then get to setting. Ugh, not in the doing hair mood at all today. :ohwell:

sckri23

Im loving the cleansing conditioner from the EverCurl line. It works like 3 in one for me. A cleanser, co wash and a rinse out. If it didn't foam, I'd leave it in but i use the regular conditioner from the line for that

I havent been up here in so long I forgot to mention, I saw pantene now has a cleansing conditioner. I wanted to get it but I was shopping for a dc and I only had $7. It was $5 and the dc was $5. I made a hard choice but it was the right one.

Eta: its part of pantene's new collection. I might make that my new staple if the cleansing conditioner works cause the dc is AMAZING!!!

Etaa: sorry if somene already posted about this line I didnt see it in the search

Swype thinks weird and wierd are both correct

Last edited:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Thank you Aireen! :) its a rollerset.

Sigh, I dont this week's rollerset is gonna happen y'all :rolleyes: :lol: I can't even be bothered to stretch it with the blowdryer...Im gonna just m&s, make about 6 celie braids and call it a night. my hair should be alright this week curly though, theres a ton of rain/snow in the forecast so the humidty will be well above 80% so i'm not too worried about dryness.

Last edited:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
:ohwell: regretting not doing that rollerset already :rolleyes: wth is wrong with me? I give like zero hair fuggs right now *kanyeshrug*...only did two braids and pinned them crisscross...that was a task. I'm hoping that the hair with stretch enough to make a hassle free bun tomorrow. No more procrastinating! if i don't start within 15 min after washing the set probably wont happen. Next week it'll be rinse the DC and straight to dem rollers.

hnntrr

This dc has been sittin on my head since 8:30....my scalp is startin to itch. Ughh. Should I wash it out now? Its getting soooo itchy. This is the longest ive had a dc in and omg.