Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Any ladies on the board obsessed with grammar and the 'passive voice'? PM ME. I need your help. Thanks! (Note: I don't like starting new threads - I'm shy!) :grin:

So, clarifying made my scalp stop itching. Oh man, its like casi cielo up here in this head!

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

naija24
If you don't mind me asking..how long have you guys been together? You're young (I think I'm around the same age as you) and this phase of your life should be free not constrained by someone that cares that much about physical looks. I'm sorry I've seen your posts before and you seem like a nice girl but don't let someone else cause you inner turmoil.

myronnie, I don't mind at all~! We've been together almost 10 lovely months! I love him oodles and I've decided that he's gonna be my husband whether he knows it or not!

He's very set on looks but "within reason" and he thinks that me going natural is okay, so long as I remain looking feminine. He is not a fan of short hair on women at all, unless it's like Rihanna or Halle Berry. Hell, I told him the other day I wanted an afro and he said "It's not 1970". He's pretty ignorant about hair and I hope to teach him how to be more tolerant!

I'm willing to find a middle ground. I would prefer having straight hair whether I was natural or not so I don't mind being natural and having straight hair for him since I'm indifferent.

But thanks for the nugget of advice <3 BTW, I'm 24.

You know you should never run out of vitamins like:

SILICA
BIOTIN-
HAIR VITAMINS &
B-COMPLEX
I need to get back, the lack of is impacting my hair.

I missed my hair so I took out one Senegalese twist & played with the few loose strands. After about five minutes I twisted it right back up.

When my hair is loose I want it in a protective style, but when it's in a protective style I miss my hair...Smh !

I've been wanting to purchase Sitrinillah for a while. When I noticed that hairveda was out of stock, I e mailed them - like 3 weeks ago?- and it's yesterday that I received an answer. I check the website up today, NO SITRINILLAH. Are they kidding me???

how do you know when your hair is growing while wearing braids/twists? I never keep them in long enough to feel a difference. I want to keep them in at least until Mid-September but I'm worried there won't be much growth and I miss my hair :(

Just spent 27 bucks on the only shampoo that doesn't destroy my hair.

This stuff better last for the next year. (Considering I only shampoo once a month.)

Uhg.

Called 5 different pharmacies, no one has sulfur powder :ohwell: and if they do have it, they want to see a prescription. Wth?!

I got mine from Safeway. They didn't have it in stock, but they order it and it's there the next day. Maybe you have to rephrase your question?

Last edited:
I have a question, I just didn't want to start a new thread. Is starting Senegalese twists with a braid considered tacky? I've tried the starting with a twist method and I can't quite get it, it also doesn't seem as secure as starting with a braid.

I have a question, I just didn't want to start a new thread. Is starting Senegalese twists with a braid considered tacky? I've tried the starting with a twist method and I can't quite get it, it also doesn't seem as secure as starting with a braid.

I braided mine and then twisted them, cause twisting from the root didnt help me either. People didn't really notice it

I was so happy to be able to wash my hair today but nooooo i had to go to the gym yesterday & now I'm too sore to lift arms over my head. Smh

missing my hair. i am reading about transitioning with Dominican salon appts. anyone had any luck with that?

Also, I was looking at my facebook and I realize that I go from TWA to SL in about 12 months. I'm really hoping I can repeat that trend this year :(

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
My co-worker who I worked with when I first started at the company has gone natural. Her hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is 60 about 85% grey and her hair is gorgeous. It is has fullness and movement, its like a brand new head of hair. She said she hasn’t had a perm in over a year. She was getting it flat iron at the salon every two weeks but has found a new hairdresser from Baltimore, MD who is taking better care of it. Her hair looks like it has so much life to it. I have never seen her hair look this good since I met her. I wanted to run my fingers through it so bad.

The portions of my hair that are fully natural are SSK city and it is driving me insane.
Is this my future? :sad:

If you're having problems with SSK, you probably need to use something heavy on your ends. Castor oil, some kind of heavy butter, or in my case (I sound like a broken record, I know lol) activator gel. Glycerin makes my hair happy, what can I say lol

I'm falling in love with my hair again. :yep: I've done a lot of research to figure out how to take care of my forever-dry hair, tangles, SSK and most of all moisturization.

So far, what I'm doing is working for me and my hair is slowly gaining some moisture back and coming back to life.

ETA: ITA with whiteoleander91. My hair is like that too and nothing else works.

Sent from my iPad...excuse the typos.

Just got back from the beach last night. Pony tailed this morning after I drenched it with EVCO throughout and JBCO around the edges. Went to Sams club, stopped by my g'mas to say hey, got back home, unloaded, ran my fingers through my hair thinking it would be an oily mess...dry, dry, dry hair is all I got. My hair soaked up all that oil... Time for a serious DC!

Back