Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

MsDee14

Had these braids in for a little over a week and I can see growth already.
This is the only time I wish I didn't. lol.
I need these to stay neat for at least 2 more weeks before I re-do the front!

nerdography

I finally got the moisture balance right, my hair felt so bad before. I ended up having to deep condition for 8 hrs. I think the protein in the Elasta QP olive oil and mango butter moisturizer dried out my hair. Even though it's far down the list I guess it was enough to effect it.

Even after washing the DC out my hair felt bad, but after adding the Koils by Nature Shealoe leave-in and giving it time to soak in my hair feels amazing.

naija24

i'm really craving having long thick natural hair :D i never had natural hair be longer than NL so this will be interesting. i have set myself to be a straight haired natural but idk if i want to go the DB or BKT route or whatever. so many options T_T and i'm not even two months post.

transitioning, i feel like, is going to consume me. it should not be this serious, right?

MsDee14

^^ it shouldn't consume you.
When I transitioned, I came up with a plan and stuck to it. I didn't think too much about it until I had urges to big-chop.
One thing I will say is that I wanted length quick. I came to realize with time..length will come.

naija24

but it's hard because whenever i want to go natural i just chop my hair off. this time, i want to transition and it's this WAITING AND WAITING AND WAITING that's really getting to me. plus, i want super straight hair all the time and people are saying you can't do that AND transition so now i'm like well nutters, what do i do?

I am giving myself until April to really consider cutting off my relaxed ends but i may just not care at all and keep both textures.

MsDee14

but it's hard because whenever i want to go natural i just chop my hair off. this time, i want to transition and it's this WAITING AND WAITING AND WAITING that's really getting to me. plus, i want super straight hair all the time and people are saying you can't do that AND transition so now i'm like well nutters, what do i do?

I am giving myself until April to really consider cutting off my relaxed ends but i may just not care at all and keep both textures.

You can have straight hair all the time, but there is a risk you will lose some of your curl pattern.
To safely do it, I would suggest..washing, roller-setting(ponytail one once you get a lot of new-growth) and flat-ironing your hair every 2-4 weeks.

There is a chance your ng might revert between washes, but that's something you can deal with once it happens.

Anticipatience08

I may be doing an overnight DC because I just got around to applying it to my hair and I'm soooooo tired right now. I doubt I'll still be awake 45 minutes to an hour from now.

I'm just proud of the fact that I didn't procrastinate and not DC at all. I'm way off schedule tonight.

Anticipatience08

I may be doing an overnight DC because I just got around to applying it to my hair and I'm soooooo tired right now. I doubt I'll still be awake 45 minutes to an hour from now.

I'm just proud of the fact that I didn't procrastinate and not DC at all. I'm way off schedule tonight.

And I totally fell asleep with DCing :lol:

niknakmac

Why ask for help when your really want to continue doing the same thing you have been doing that has your hair falling out and stunted. Stop wasting peoples time. Why come on a board where the majority of people have curly or kinky hair and state how much you hate it. GTFOOHWTBS

Holla

I would love to live in an environment that helps my hair to retain moisture so that I don't have to moisturize/seal all the time. High humid area maybe?

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Why ask for help when your really want to continue doing the same thing you have been doing that has your hair falling out and stunted. Stop wasting peoples time. Why come on a board where the majority of people have curly or kinky hair and state how much you hate it. GTFOOHWTBS

Lol there are posters who still actually do this exact same thing. Drives me insane! :)

AlliCat

I'm guilty of neglecting my hair under my wig :nono: can't remember the last time I moisturized and sealed. On the plus side at least I'm not using heat

naija24

in my life, it's like every black woman i know is either already natural or transitioning to natural. SUCH PRESSURE OMG.

i want to transition but man, black women and their bandwagons. i feel like i shouldn't be wearing twist extensions because i'm not even several months post. i'm not even two months post. i should be rocking straight hair until december. can't wait to take these twists out.

pre_medicalrulz

in my life, it's like every black woman i know is either already natural or transitioning to natural. SUCH PRESSURE OMG.

i want to transition but man, black women and their bandwagons. i feel like i shouldn't be wearing twist extensions because i'm not even several months post. i'm not even two months post. i should be rocking straight hair until december. can't wait to take these twists out.

Lol girl you so crazy! Why are you worried about other chics & their bandwagon? Just do you - transition, relax, transition, relax. Just do Naija :)

naija24

it's hard because this is the first time in my life i feel like people actually care what *I* do with my hair. Everyone has something to say. Gfs get on me for relaxing my hair. Bf gets on me for cutting my hair. So many new types of hair treatments from being on this board and i'm super conflicted as to which way to go. this is all very overwhelming.

i just want SL hair again :(

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly

At the end of the day it's about what you want to do.

Back when I started my journey I was getting mucho pressure to be natural. I have no problem with the transition, but I felt it wasn't something I wanted. I got pressure from family and friends, meanwhile, none of them could give me a good reason why I should, just that I should. I stuck with my personal choice to stay relaxed. Now these same people are asking me for advice.

What I'm trying to tell you is if you want to do something, don't do it because others make you feel like you should, do it because you want to. And if you don't, its your choice. You have to live with your decisions not naysayers. There will always be a bandwagon; the question is are you a follower or a leader?

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

pre_medicalrulz

it's hard because this is the first time in my life i feel like people actually care what *I* do with my hair. Everyone has something to say. Gfs get on me for relaxing my hair. Bf gets on me for cutting my hair. So many new types of hair treatments from being on this board and i'm super conflicted as to which way to go. this is all very overwhelming.

i just want SL hair again :(

When do YOU feel youre at your most beautiful self?

naija24

Honestly, I feel the most beautiful at full Shoulder Length with chin length bangs. I cut my hair this January 1) to be natural 2) i had a lot of personal crap going on and freaked out and chopped off my hair. i wasnt' happy with having zero length so i relaxed as soon as i could.

relaxed or natural, i don't really care. i just want low maintenance SL hair again.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: