Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

lana

Sooooo I took my braids out and my roots are a thick lovely and nappy mess. I am dying inside between relaxing (I usually relax at 8 weeks) or CONTINUING THE FIGHT TO NATURAL. It's killing me yall.

I have a solid one inch of new growth all around my head. I can't feel my scalp. I had so much shed hair the other day it scared me. Finally, I'm terrified of combing through this.

What should I do?

naija24 - Hi, did anyone respond to your question? What did you end up doing with your hair? I was going to suggest that you prepoo with an oil or Mane & Tail conditioner (softens my hair up) and then deep condition by using a moisturizing conditioner (with heat).

That should get your hair really soft and workable.

If you are wearing your hair without heat, try a flat twist out with a holding creme. If you are wearing it straight, try an airdried style, followed by the flat iron on the lowest heat setting that will straighten your hair (Use a heat protectant). I hope this helps.

DivineNapps1728

I have an entire hour & a half less than I anticipated to get where I'm going....what in the world am I gonna do to my hair with this pseudo-autumn weather ?! Smh.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I really enjoy blogging and vlogging but find it time consuming and my hair is taking a back seat. Here's to finding balance.

SuchaLady

I feel like a double minority. I'm relaxed and wear weave :lol::sad: It's just so much fun! I get to do stuff I wouldn't dare do to my own hair.

spacetygrss

I straightened a section of my hair in the back for kicks. My hair is grazing APL. 20 months from almost bald to grazing APL is respectable.

I then immediately twisted the section back up. Leaving my hair alone is exactly why it's doing so well.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
rinsed out my dc, sealed with ev coconut oil, and raked in some activator gel. sitting with a towel on my shoulders waiting for my hair to dry lol. my hair feels a lot better and smells very coconutty :3 probably need to do a protein treatment soon.

MrsMe

I hope the time I spent on my hair tonight will be rewarded tomorrow!! My hair is clean, twisted and most of all moisturized.

Sent from my iPad...excuse the typos.

Tonto

Detangling my hair... I went back to finger detangling them and I think it has been a month and I'm doing good! I'm using a TRESemmé condish to detangle my hair... it's a breeze! OMG! That's something I'm adding to my regimen. Now I have my girl Sitrinillah for a good deep conditioning... after that I will dry my hair with a shirt and seal in the moisture with some oils. Yeay!

veesweets

Saw a girl at the gym with the biggest, softest looking puff I've ever seen in person. Asked her her regimen and she used almost exclusively all Qhemet products. I've always been interested in them, but that price...

hnntrr

rinsed out my dc, sealed with ev coconut oil, and raked in some activator gel. sitting with a towel on my shoulders waiting for my hair to dry lol. my hair feels a lot better and smells very coconutty :3 probably need to do a protein treatment soon.

What kind of activator do you use?

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i am soooooooooooooo jelly of women that have "fine strands with thick density":ohwell:

i have fine strands, low density. in short i have THIN HAIR.:perplexed

i see these women with hair i would kill for. they have lion's manes that look so lush and thick and heavenly....and then i read their blog and they say they have "fine strands".

i'm like WHUH?.....:drunk:

kill me now....

stomps out of thread, with my feather like FINE, THIN, LOW DENSITY strands blowing with the slightest breeze......:lol:

Last edited:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
@havilland

O hush up woman your hair is GORGEOUS!:love:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:love you mean it.

note to my jelly self: This is what I'm talking about! Her hair is so gorgeous and she has self described "fine strands" i would kill for hair this "fine" :lick: (her blog is good too!):yep:

JosieLynn

Has anyone ordered from Butter-N-Bars before?? I placed an order at least 10 days ago and they haven't even sent me a confirmation of order email! Then I emailed them midweek and they still haven't gotten back to me. I'm about to get pissed and call my bank to not process that order, kinda sad though cuz I def wanted some Shea butter :-(

Ogoma

I am thinking of separating my wash and detangling sessions. Move detangling to a day midweek I cowash. It will be nice to break up the tasks. I will try it this week.

veesweets

Has anyone ordered from Butter-N-Bars before?? I placed an order at least 10 days ago and they haven't even sent me a confirmation of order email! Then I emailed them midweek and they still haven't gotten back to me. I'm about to get pissed and call my bank to not process that order, kinda sad though cuz I def wanted some Shea butter :-(

JosieLynn I ordered some shea and mango butter from them like a year ago and never ordered again. Took two full weeks for my order to be shipped and the shipping prices were too high to me. Good quality butter though.

ManiiSweetheart

Crying tears of joy because the Indian store I go to had 500g bags of nupur 9 blend henna for $5! So I got 2 bags of that, 450g of karishma henna for $7 and 300g of indigo for $7 ...and yesterday I got 5 bottles of tresemme naturals the original formula because I recently found it to be my HG detangling condish...I wonder how it'll do with henna *runs to make a batch for tonight*.. here's what the haul looks like

hair4romheaven

Manisweetheart where did you buy tresemme natural?
Can my sisters list some places where I can find it as well?
The original formula has the green top right?

ManiiSweetheart

Manisweetheart where did you buy tresemme natural?
Can my sisters list some places where I can find it as well?
The original formula has the green top right?

I found it at Walmart and Target... i was planning on taking all of them from the walmart i go to but when i went they conveniently took all the tresemme naturals of the shelf to "clean" so i went to the target and they had it. My original formula has a black top looks like this

Some do have the green opening or the pump top