Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Tonto

Some people just get on my nerves!!!!!!!:whip::heated::jaws:
Each time I post a picture with my hair straight ish, the same girl makes a comment with like, why you relaxed your hair? Like seriously, why is she mad?
If I wanted to relax my hair, I would relax it. People and their opinions on how other should wear their hair argggggggg!

NIN4eva

Traveling for work next week and the idea to flat iron just popped in my head. I'm going to resist. I'm just going to cross wrap and bun. I currently have a chunky gold piece in my bangs/fringe that I'm going to tone down to a medium brown auburn tonight. I'm gonna miss my wild streak but it's my first time meeting these folks.

ImanAdero

My braids are APL in the back!

I just realized, but it makes me super hype! I'll have to keep doing this and tracking progress.

ckisland

Some people just get on my nerves!!!!!!!:whip::heated::jaws:
Each time I post a picture with my hair straight ish, the same girl makes a comment with like, why you relaxed your hair? Like seriously, why is she mad?
If I wanted to relax my hair, I would relax it. People and their opinions on how other should wear their hair argggggggg!

Yep!! And that's why I didn't say a word about relaxing my hair on facebook. I inspired several of my friends to go natural and I was so into being natural. I could only imagine what comments I would get.

* excuse the cut off post. My phone does what it wants LOL

Last edited:

naija24

I'm gonna have to eventually take a break from LHCF main hair forum. All these challenges and threads and pictures of huge fros or long tresses stresses me out. I have anxiety so it's insanely hard to stick to one thing. I really want to transition so I can't be up in here lol.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I'm gonna have to eventually take a break from LHCF main hair forum. All these challenges and threads and pictures of huge fros or long tresses stresses me out. I have anxiety so it's insanely hard to stick to one thing. I really want to transition so I can't be up in here lol.

Look at it as motivation. If they can do it, so can you! :yep:

sounbeweavable

I'm sitting in my living room with a head full of henna. Let's hope the color turns out pretty so I can look good at this NYE party tomorrow night.

Also, I'm going to experiment with heat-free styles during the week. I don't know how this will turn out though :-\

hnntrr

I think its time for me to start going back under hats until I leave for Maryland. Hair is feeling a little coarser than it was a week ago and I may be getting some damage from too much manipulation. Hopefully babying it for a week will help.

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
i decided to take my twists out and rock a curly fro for NYE. my old signature, the braid n curl, is drying as we speak. i haven't worn this style since i got my hair chopped off last year. my hair is still far from my old length but i hope it's big/long enough to pull it off the look i want. im nervous!

naija24

serious question. how can one tell if their hair is fine or coarse?

i always felt like my hair was fine, just dense, but i can't confirm it on my own.

a few facts about my hair:
  • protein sensitivity
  • type 4 b/c
  • easy to relax with chemicals
  • responds very well to heat

Last edited:

natura87

I havent moisturized my hair in almost 2 weeks, washed it in about 3 but my hair is soft and luxurious. This Korean country air is really working wonders on my hair.

Lilmama1011

See this is why I don't like attempting to do styles because of fear of over manipulation and broken hairs. I rarely see broken hairs even when I am 10 weeks post. Probably one or two here and there but I have freshly relaxed hair and because I was trying to style my hair for a hour and pin it up I broke some hairs and now when I pull for shedded hair I'm seeing some broken hairs come out, I'm talking about 1 inch, just pieces that were broken in the process!!! I should have kept it corny and did my boring behind curls I usually do. I ended up taking the bobby pins out later on because they were exposed and unprofessionally placed. So I ended up put a headband as a ponytail holder not to cause any tension, had I did that in the first black I wouldn't haven't broken hairs. It's not extreme but I'm not used to seeing this

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
You can always tell when someone is jealous of you. Everyone else posts they love the picture. You're the only one to come along and say " how'd your hair grow so fast". You know darn well this is a weave, smh.

oneastrocurlie

Finally got some small ponytail holders to pineapple my twist out at night.

Success! Hair looks pretty much exactly like it did yesterday. I'm really trying to be low manipulation in 2014. So if I can not retwist at night and keep my style I'm all for it.

Holla

I pulled out my old hair polisher and OMG!! I used applied it bc I knew I would need it as a heat protectant for later in when I flat iron but OMG... It helped so much with detangling! I cowshed then applied all my leaveins and oils then applied the polisher on top. It smoothed my strands and helped the comb to glide through. I don't know why I didn't incorporate this before now. It's a staple now on wash days.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Spend all that time roller setting or twisting or both just to always have that ONE piece that doesn't set. Ruins everything!!! :pullhair:

Oan, my Split Ender has shipped!! :yay:

Bout to order a few more seamless comes and maybe a decent brush for blow outs since the fro gotta be straight for the split ender...

HanaKuroi

DarkJoy said:
Spend all that time roller setting or twisting or both just to always have that ONE piece that doesn't set. Ruins everything!!! :pullhair:

Oan, my Split Ender has shipped!! :yay:

Bout to order a few more seamless comes and maybe a decent brush for blow outs since the fro gotta be straight for the split ender...

You said the B-word! What?!!

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

xu93texas

I'm sorting and cleaning today. How come I can't find one of my HS combs? I've been through everything! Hubby looking at me all crazy! Talking bout "it's just a comb!" You know he got the evil eye! I'm gonna fix him. I'm bout to go on a shopping spree. Will be back later on to post my new goodies :)

HanaKuroi

DarkJoy said:
Well... Uh... There's gotta be a kinda safe one....right? :look::ohwell:

Can you rollerset or curlformer set and then use the splitender?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Dang HanaKuroi and faithVA y'all is rough!

But right :look:

I was trying to be slick but nvm. It's just my hi po hair gets bone dry less than 5min with a hair dryer...

I'll nab another pack of formers to get a relaxer straight look. But man, those take hours to dry.

Thanks for "setting me straight"! :lol: :look:

faithVA

[USER=343979 said:
DarkJoy[/USER];19454443]Dang HanaKuroi and faithVA y'all is rough!

But right :look:

I was trying to be slick but nvm. It's just my hi po hair gets bone dry less than 5min with a hair dryer...

I'll nab another pack of formers to get a relaxer straight look. But man, those take hours to dry.

Thanks for "setting me straight"! :lol: :look:

Why you calling my name? I was just answering a question. :perplexed