Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Lilmama1011

I was watching a YouTuber and she said she trims her hair once a year. But when she did trim her hair, she cut 6 inches off. That's a whole year worth of growth. You have to be kidding me. She needs to start dusting or trimming more often. Because I be damn me hair is WE and I have to cut it back to APL smh

Briabiggles

Getting my hair cut on Thursday but haven't decided how much. I'm around MBL but the ends are thin. Maybe I'll cut it up to APL....

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

hnntrr

flat ironed a small patch near my ears. it looks so healthy omg. I only had to trim about 1/8 off that piece. the true test will come when I wash my hair Friday. if all goes well I may straighten my whole head and get a true length check for the year

LongCurlyLocks

Been henna red for nearly 6 years....time to grow out my blonde....hope temp rinses will work as camo while I do it. My blonde roots look crazy against this red :-(

I would like some red henna since I'm scared to do anything permanent to my hair for color. I love that color on you. Where did you get the henna?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

LongCurlyLocks

Kinda random...but for the ladies who have "type 3" hair or some sort of mix that includes it: Have you ever noticed that your hair is just BIG? like, not necessarily thick, just huge? Fresh out of the shower my hair looks like it's trying to get some face time with Jesus. It's a poofy beast. kinda like this critter

Aww...that pup is cute! And yes I do know what you mean. Before my hair started thinning I looked like the dad from The Lion King. I can certainly relate.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: The uncomfortable laugh from his wife was priceless.
i only quoted you to say yasssss to this sleek bun in your siggy, honey. :yep::yep: love it!

random thought:
i think the roughest part of natural hair is that in between length. too long to be a cute little TWA, but too short to do a bun or ponytail.
that's where i am now (shaved my head last year) and i have zero patience for it. ZERO. i have cornrows now, had braids before, and i'll be getting a weave in a few weeks.
i just have no tolerance for the in-between stage. honestly, i have considered relaxing at times just to get through this stage and then transitioning :look: but nah.

myronnie

My old soultanicals knot sauce (9 mo old) molded on me and the mango dip separated. I kept both in the fridge! I hate throwing products away.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
My old soultanicals knot sauce (9 mo old) molded on me and the mango dip separated. I kept both in the fridge! I hate throwing products away.

Wow... And it was kept in the fridge too?! I just ordered the knot sauce. I always put most of my natural products in the fridge. That's just crazy that despite being kept in the fridge this happened.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I think I'm going to become a kinky straight natural. I need to be able to detangle my hair in under an hour. There is a big world out there outside of detangling natural hair. If I can't make this easier on myself, it ain't worth doing :nono: .

:wallbash: :cry2: :evil:

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I need to clarify my hair...can't remember the last time that I did :look: I've just steady been reaching for my regulah 'poo...lemme see if I still have some of my clarifying shampoo left

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I think I'm going to become a kinky straight natural. I need to be able to detangle my hair in under an hour. There is a big world out there outside of detangling natural hair. If I can't make this easier on myself, it ain't worth doing :nono: .

:wallbash: :cry2: :evil:
DoDo Have you checked our Alicia James on youtube? She seems to be using this method just fine.

Smiley79

Whoooo, I am in love with SheaMoisture Purification Masque. That stuff is awesome.

I dont have the guts to use it as a leave in though...I'm funny like that, if a product says to rinse it out, I feel like I must follow that instruction and I don't feel comfortable leaving it in. But I read a lot of reviews of people who love it as a hair moisturizer. I dunno.

After straightening my hair at the end of February I have slight heat damage. Sigh. I went from a definite 4a/3c mix to full on 3c :sad: At least I don't have any straight pieces. And I can return the other flatiron I bought (didn't use yet) and get my $90 back! :lol:

I've done a Aphogee 2 minute treatment, Joico K-Pak, used my protein con and I will try eggs tonight when I get home. If that doesn't work, I'm moving on.

RoundEyedGirl504

The Oyin Honey Dew moisturizer is pretty good. I ordered a sample size, and have been using it daily. I like that it's light enough that my hair doesn't feel greasy, but heavy enough that it softens and moisturizes. I saw the full size in Target, but I wasn't ready to pay them prices! I have some Shea Moisture smoothie which used to be my fave moisturizer that I will try after this to compare the two.

HanaKuroi

What do you do to your hair when it feels good? Not greasy, not dry, not shedding or breaking. Do you wait until it feels dry?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
What do you do to your hair when it feels good? Not greasy, not dry, not shedding or breaking. Do you wait until it feels dry?

HanaKuroi This is what you can do now...

ckisland

Cutting all my hair off makes the scalp issues I have blaring. My scalp and relaxers do not mix :nono:. As I was cutting my hair, it looked like I was shaking a snow globe!!! Now I have to deal with this crazy itching and rubbing off flakes. Goodness I hope this goes away soon :sad:

bronzephoenix

Whoooo, I am in love with SheaMoisture Purification Masque. That stuff is awesome.

I dont have the guts to use it as a leave in though...I'm funny like that, if a product says to rinse it out, I feel like I must follow that instruction and I don't feel comfortable leaving it in. But I read a lot of reviews of people who love it as a hair moisturizer. I dunno.

I use the shea moisture black soap balancing condish as a leave in & love it.

HanaKuroi

DoDo said:
HanaKuroi This is what you can do now...

I am going to sit outside on the back patio.

Thanks! It is just weird not having to figure out what to do next. I blame it on the warm weather.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I am going to sit outside on the back patio.

Thanks! It is just weird not having to figure out what to do next. I blame it on the warm weather.

This is a great hair time of year. And when it gets hotter you can heat DC outside with a hat over a processing cap and not use other implements. sometimes, when there's no neighbors I just use the plastic cap and lay in the sun

Ravenhairedbeauty

I've transitioned for 6 months and im ready to bc. The only thing stopping me is dh, he wants me to hang onto these raggedy ends so that i will have length smh. Whatever just venting.

Lilmama1011

I've transitioned for 6 months and im ready to bc. The only thing stopping me is dh, he wants me to hang onto these raggedy ends so that i will have length smh. Whatever just venting.

men just dont understand, my SO wanted me to hang on as well. i deep trimmed while he was at work and he said it looked much better. no more wispy ends :) lisanaturally

Ravenhairedbeauty

men just dont understand, my SO wanted me to hang on as well. i deep trimmed while he was at work and he said it looked much better. no more wispy ends :) lisanaturally

Lilmama1011 that's what i want to do. When it's down it looks horrible, i have to wear it up everyday just so it will look decent. I'm like what's the point? I think if i just bc it he will see how much healthier and pretty it will look. Decisions decisions......

Lilmama1011

Lilmama1011 that's what i want to do. When it's down it looks horrible, i have to wear it up everyday just so it will look decent. I'm like what's the point? I think if i just bc it he will see how much healthier and pretty it will look. Decisions decisions......

lisanaturally for you to trim the ends, will it be a major cut? cut it and he won't notice it, just wear it up or curled and he won't be able to tell and you can secretly feel good. I wear my hair curled a lot so he wouldn't have noticed

Last edited:

Ravenhairedbeauty

lisanaturally for you to trim the ends, will it be a major cut? cut it and he won't notice it, just wear it up or curled and he won't be able to tell and you can secretly feel good. I wear my hair curled a lot so he wouldn't have noticed

Yeah it would be a major cut i already cut it once from cbl to ear length and it looks horrible lol. But that is a good idea just wear it up after i cut it i think i might do that. ;)