Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

bosswitch

I'm going over to the salon which butchered my hair and demanding they give me a free haircut to even out these ends. Afterwards I am putting my hair in braids for the next year. I am tired of dealing with my hair, it's just a dry hot mess at this point.

curlyTisME

Super soft hair tonight when I moisturized and sealed. Did two French braids and my mom is going to check my ends tomorrow!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Advantage number 50097 to having long hair:

Being able to pull your hair from every angle in front of your face for a trim so you can get a close view of your ends. Being able to do this eliminates the need to get professional trims, thus removing the "what if" someone else cuts too much, which results in keeping all your long hair on your head.

Lilmama1011

Still got my hair in four braids and perm rods at the end with a bonnet on. I ended up not going anywhere today and it was his off day. Thats exactly why I don't see the point of me going from my protective style to braidout to sit I the house?! But I went to sleep at 12pm. I didn't even go to sleep last night

oneastrocurlie

I haven't been able to keep my hair as moisturized with this tapered cut as I have when I was doing twist outs. I wouldn't even have to moisturize daily with twist outs. But I've been moisturizing and spritzing daily since the cut.

I'm confused.

ETA. I wonder if my new place's hard water is to blame.

ETA 2: Yup. It's hard water. I'd only washed my hair maybe twice in my new place before my cut. But I had been pre wash detangling with SM Purification Masque, which gets rid of build up. The first wash after my cut I used the last of the masque. The wash before last, I used Elucence Clarifying Shampoo, which says it's good for hard water. This last wash.... Didn't use either. And this week is the driest my hair has been in forever. I know I have hard water bc all three toilets in my place get those rings in them.

OAN: I t pays to have a hair journal. Cause I wouldn't have remembered all that on my own lol.

Last edited:

overtherainbow

^my new place has hard water too. Im getting a filter for both my shower and sink. My first apartment had hard water and my hair and skin was a nightmare that entire year.

kupenda

It took me forever to blow dry and flat iron last night. Just to turn around and have to go to the pool today at work. So much for alladat

I'm thinking about getting a sew in. I always say im gonna do it but the price for the hair scares the ish outta me. Im considering a 10 inch and 12 inch pack of Kinky Straight from www.mynaturalhairextensions.com

KinkyRN

I haven't been able to keep my hair as moisturized with this tapered cut as I have when I was doing twist outs. I wouldn't even have to moisturize daily with twist outs. But I've been moisturizing and spritzing daily since the cut.

I'm confused.

ETA 2: Yup. It's hard water. I'd only washed my hair maybe twice in my new place before my cut. But I had been pre wash detangling with SM Purification Masque, which gets rid of build up. The first wash after my cut I used the last of the masque. The wash before last, I used Elucence Clarifying Shampoo, which says it's good for hard water. This last wash.... Didn't use either. And this week is the driest my hair has been in forever. I know I have hard water bc all three toilets in my place get those rings in them.

OAN: I t pays to have a hair journal. Cause I wouldn't have remembered all that on my own lol.

I keep saying that I am going to start a hair journal. Do you write it or put it on your computer?

Lilmama1011

I don't know why my back hangs longer than my front when doing a braidout, newtons I know why.... I put more hair in the back sections duh

Lilmama1011

I see you can get a decent braidout with four braids. I honestly don't see a difference from doing eight braids

Last edited:

Lilmama1011

I ended up twisting my braid out and putting a perm rod on the four sections. We will see how it turns out later, and if so then I have a way of preserving my curls

PureSilver

Smh........
Damn that's not cool though and that oil cost soooo much.
PinkSunshine77

That sucks! I think the Hair Gods don't want you to use heat on your hair, :yep: When they do another bottle will come your way

Advantage number 50097 to having long hair:

Being able to pull your hair from every angle in front of your face for a trim so you can get a close view of your ends. Being able to do this eliminates the need to get professional trims, thus removing the "what if" someone else cuts too much, which results in keeping all your long hair on your head.

I'm confused.

Thanks for sharing this. I didn't know that those rings in the toilet was a sign of hard water. Off to research.

Lilmama1011

Damn that's not cool though and that oil cost soooo much.

Thanks for sharing this. I didn't know that those rings in the toilet was a sign of hard water. Off to research.

Me neither. When I first moved to az my hair was doing a detox and it was so hard to keep moisturizered. Somehow it balanced off eventually. I kept buying hair products and taking them back. Now it's easy to keep moisturized. And then again maybe because I was walking and catching buses back then and the heat was beaming on my hair

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
I washed my braid hair in vinegar and water. Hopefully this wknd I will actually install the hair. I think I need 2 more packs though.

SoopremeBeing

I have been on YouTube for two days straight looking up cornrows. I just watched 3 videos on the feed-in method, and I am itching to try it now that I can cornrow regularly now. The hard-headed side of me wants to try the feed-in tonight, the smart-logical side says wait until the weekend.

nerdography

I'm going to go through my linen closet and under sink storage and get rid of all the products that don't work for me. I'll see if my parents want any of my stuff, if not it's going in the trash. The majority of my products are from when I was subscribed to CurlBox, CurlKit, and Curl Collection.