Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Despite reaching MBL... I'm feeling some kind of way about my hair.

Maybe a color change will change that... I'll darken my hair and see how that helps me.

Now what semi permanent color is the real question. Maybe a super dark blue or purple so it's barely noticeable... But makes me feel "edgy" lol.

Both colors sound really pretty. My coworker has blue black right now and it's sooo pretty. It almost looks navy blue in florescent light. I have had jet grape which is the darkest purple you can get. It pretty much looks black unless you are in sunlight or florescent light.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I will always, always use vo5 for cowashing/detangling my daughter's hair. It literally melts tangles and has slip out of this world...even after I rinse it out. Definitely my holy grail cowash :yep:

I love it for my hair too, but I don't cowash anymore. I might start using it after my protein dc just to soften things up a bit

Lilmama1011

I will always, always use vo5 for cowashing/detangling my daughter's hair. It literally melts tangles and has slip out of this world...even after I rinse it out. Definitely my holy grail cowash :yep:

I love it for my hair too, but I don't cowash anymore. I might start using it after my protein dc just to soften things up a bit

Yeah I love v05 for that too. I used Shea moisture rinse out and it wasn't good. My hair felt still a little rough after washing with shampoo and it doesn't feel like that with v05 Prettymetty

ms.tatiana

So I put my weave in 2 Friday's ago and since I did I've been having the weirdest breakouts and I believe it's the weave because I thought it was bed bugs but I haven't slept in any strange places and now there on my arms back and face all places this weave touches

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Last night after gym decided to do a DC with shea moisture Tahitian Noni. I only planned to do it for 30 minutes. Ended up falling asleep didn't wake up until 5am. So I'm pretty well conditioned today LOL. Don't like the smell it reminds me of very flowery perfume kind of overpowering. I don't really mind it since I rinsed it out, but I'm definitely not a fan of the scent.

Sholapie

I had a few real tender spots on my scalp after sleeping in my flexirods (to be expected) so i'm buying either a soft bonnet dryer or standing dryer and i'll no longer be sleeping with contraptions on my head.

Smiley79

Im thinking about starting a "Healthy Scalp" support thread. The past year or so I've suffered from a tender scalp, it's a little sore with a small (nickle size) bald spot in that area, there's also some short strands of hair around the area and the hair texture around that area is much drier and brittle than the rest of my hair. I cant believe how I used to ignore this until recently. I'm going to see my Dr first but I can confess that stress has been my #1 enemy this past couple years. At this point, I'm ready to nurse my scalp back to health and adjust my diet to work along with my efforts. There's so many awesome old threads on this subject with suggestions such as Onion masks, cayenne pepper & olive oil, Monistat, etc. I think an ongoing thread (not a challenge) dedicated to recovering from a damaged scalp could be helpful. Let me go see if there is already one created.

Last edited:

Sosa

Trying to decide between Organix BKT or the KeraMinerals system.

I've tried the Organix before and I was underwhelmed. But it's the evil I know. Decisions.

Daughter

UK Blak
I've gone back and forth about dyeing this hair and covering my now numerous greys that are up in my hairline and in the middle of my hair(I'm not 40 yet!). I'm noticing some at the back too!

Every method seems like hassle. Permanent dyes - the risks of PPD and damage. My hair ignored and laughed at the semi-permanent Naturtint and not one grey got covered, despite leaving it on for 45 minutes. Henna and indigo - takes aaaages and I haven't got time for that. Too many greys for hair mascara and anyway I've heard that can get messy. Nope, nope, nope.

You know what? I'm saying da heck with it, I'm gonna continue to let these grey hairs grow. I feel like I might actually fully embrace the silver hairs one day soon.

Spongebob

did half of my hair in 2 days. other half still to do. very frustrated with my hair. all this work, sometimes I wonder if it's worth it

PlainJane

What stores allow you to return hair products you've tried? I'm determined to figure out my regimen before January so I'm going into full product junkie mode. But I want to return everything that doesn't work.

Babygrowth

What stores allow you to return hair products you've tried? I'm determined to figure out my regimen before January so I'm going into full product junkie mode. But I want to return everything that doesn't work.

Target, CVS, and Ulta are the only places I have returned products to.

ckisland

My hair is so dang dark now! It's almost black like I remember it was when I was younger and relaxed. My hair was deep brown with lighter highlights most of the time I was natural the first time, so I thought that was my "real" hair color. Now I'm just confused, but I hope it stays this way!! My hair is so shiny now :lol:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
My hair is so dang dark now! It's almost black like I remember it was when I was younger and relaxed. My hair was deep brown with lighter highlights most of the time I was natural the first time, so I thought that was my "real" hair color. Now I'm just confused, but I hope it stays this way!! My hair is so shiny now :lol:

ckisland

That sounds so exciting! Keep us posted! You are making me consider cutting off my hair!:blush:

Lilmama1011

Walmart, cvs, Walgreens. I think every store except a beauty supply store, they just do exchanges PlainJane

ckisland

ckisland

That sounds so exciting! Keep us posted! You are making me consider cutting off my hair!:blush:

DoDo, You better not!!!! :bat: I'm trying to get to where you are!! Banish these thoughts!! Banish them!!! :lachen:
I was actually coming in here to say that I wished I had grown my relax hair out instead of BCing. My hair was wonderful after my last touch up, and I didn't really get to enjoy it :ohwell:

Last edited: