Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Sholapie

I knew I would love purification masque

I got foam rollers after looking at a couple YT vids, i'm tired of flexi rods already lol i'm so fickle

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I was all set to take out my faux locs this weekend and even took off Monday from work to pamper my tresses. But yesterday I went out and got sooo many compliments and everyone saying that I shouldn't take them out just yet. I guess I will keep them for alittle bit longer.

I got some compliments from some loc sistas yesterday. They thought that they were my real locs:yep: I confused the cashier at the Wawa; who has real locs. She was saying how much she liked my locs and I told her that I was taking them out this weekend cause they were unraveling. The cashier looked so perplexed. The cashier responded that locs don't unravel. I std mines are unraveling and then I realized that she thinks that these locs are real. So I had to reveal my secret that they were faux locs:lol: . The cashier asked if I was thinking about getting locs. I told her yes and she std that I should cause I look nice with locs. This made me feel good, cause I thought my faux locs looked fake (if that makes sense). Like a real bad weave.

pelohello can you message me and let me know where you got yours done at? Are you in Philly?

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
lulu97 how do you get the conditioner on all your roots if you don't do the relaxer method? I'm looking for a better way.

GettingKinky I wash my hair in 3 ponytail sections. Towel dry for about 5 mins to soak up most of the water. Take down each section one at a time, apply the DC with praying hands to the outside of the section as a whole, split it vertically then apply it again to the inside of the section, then twist into a bantu knot. The bantu knot helps to distribute the conditioner to any area I may have missed.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
So I went from grazing APL at almost 4 years natural, to having an relaxer, and now I am natural again with less than an inch of natural hair. I am going to try Ovation Cell Therapy and sulfur oil and I am going to leave at that for growth aids. Relaxing was way too much for my strands. I thought it would be easier to deal with than my natural hair but it turned out to be a more of an headache and I was losing so much hair! So look like I will be natural for a long time or maybe even forever.

missyrayne19

I normally never flat iron air dried hair but I feel lazy. Be interesting to see if I get the same (or better) flat iron results on air dried hair like I do with blown out hair. Kinda hope so because that'll make my flat iron wash days soooo much easier. Crossing fingers!

GettingKinky

I apply in the shower on wet hair. I'm able to get it all over and use less product.

GettingKinky I wash my hair in 3 ponytail sections. Towel dry for about 5 mins to soak up most of the water. Take down each section one at a time, apply the DC with praying hands to the outside of the section as a whole, split it vertically then apply it again to the inside of the section, then twist into a bantu knot. The bantu knot helps to distribute the conditioner to any area I may have missed.

I see. You guys apply on wet hair. I dry DC before I wash, and my condish is very thick.

ckisland

The relaxer itch is back, and I so didn't see it coming back at all or this soon :look:

I want to wear my hair straight all the time now and actually see length as it grows out. I am not feeling my natural hair right now :ohwell:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
The relaxer itch is back, and I so didn't see it coming back at all or this soon :look:

I want to wear my hair straight all the time now and actually see length as it grows out. I am not feeling my natural hair right now :ohwell:

Take a deep breath and ask yourself if this really what you want or are you frustrated? Would a wig help? I'm here for you no matter what decision you make.

ckisland

Take a deep breath and ask yourself if this really what you want or are you frustrated? Would a wig help? I'm here for you no matter what decision you make.

Awwww!! Thank you :hug2: I'm frustrated because I shouldn't have cut my dang hair in March. Growing it back sucks, and I want length desperately :lol:. I really do want straight hair though. When I first BC'd (and before I relaxed), I wanted to work on becoming a straight haired natural.

ItsMeLilLucky

Awwww!! Thank you :hug2: I'm frustrated because I shouldn't have cut my dang hair in March. Growing it back sucks, and I want length desperately :lol:. I really do want straight hair though. When I first BC'd (and before I relaxed), I wanted to work on becoming a straight haired natural.

You're welcome! I feel you girl. I have been so hair lazy, I'm surprised I have any hair left. I bleached the top and sides...then 2 weeks later I relaxed it. My hair survived (praise Jesus, don't be like me), but it made me hop back on the hair growth train. I'm still sad for all the hair I lost too.

Last edited:

sweetpea7

Braggs Apple cider vinegar is so much sweeter and complex than 1 dollar acv. The smell isn't as bad as the cheap stuff either.

s.n. I feel like I'm transitioning all over again from the heat damaged half of my natural hair ugh

ItsMeLilLucky

Braggs Apple cider vinegar is so much sweeter and complex than 1 dollar acv. The smell isn't as bad as the cheap stuff either.

s.n. I feel like I'm transitioning all over again from the heat damaged half of my natural hair ugh

Really? I never tried Braggs, just Heinz. And sorry about your hair :sad:

Miss617

Always left of center
I think I'm going to get twists or braids at the end of the month. Sometimes I just don't have the time to do anything with it, then I have to go to work with it looking all poofy and just awful. :nono:

Bun Mistress

I had the best wash day yesterday follwed by the best hair ever today. I have to remember today on the days where I want to cut all my hair off.

ckisland

You're welcome! I feel you girl. I have been so hair lazy, I'm surprised I have any hair left. I bleached the top and sides...then 2 weeks later I relaxed it. My hair survived (praise Jesus, don't be like me), but it made me hop back on the hair growth train. I'm still sad for all the hair I lost too.

Our hair is so resilient, thank goodness :lachen:. I don't know what Imma do yet, but I would feel like a clown to BC only to relax again 8 months later!!! :hammer:

Hair's still straight, and it's still kinda struggling!! :lol: I have so many damn layers!! :lol:

Lilmama1011

I was going to wear my protective style with the two sides twisted and the back ends tucked in with a clip, but my face broke out terribly because I was using these new facial products from school. It looked great for two days and then my cheeks started to itch. Then the left side hurted. I took two benadryl. But I will not be going to school looking like a raspberry. I'm thankful my curled hair will cover it. I swear my skin is getting so sensitive

ItsMeLilLucky

Our hair is so resilient, thank goodness :lachen:. I don't know what Imma do yet, but I would feel like a clown to BC only to relax again 8 months later!!! :hammer:

Hair's still straight, and it's still kinda struggling!! :lol: I have so many damn layers!! :lol:

Darling, you are allowed to change your mind anytime you want to. One thing I learned is, if something stops working for you, maybe it's time to try something different. Don't torture yourself.

spellinto

Dc'd with the Moroccan Oil Intense Treatment and I am a little underwhelmed. It gave nice slip, but I did not feel a major difference in hydration.

My V05 conditioner gives about the same slip with the added moisture :look:.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt...I did try it on dirty hair, maybe it works better on clean hair...but once my sample is finished I probably won't purchase the regular size. If they want up to $30 for a DC it had better work on my hair in any condition it's in :ohwell:

Last edited: