Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

naija24

saw one of my shed hairs and it measured at about 7.5 inches. Kind of shocked. It was from the side of my hair so I should be CBL about? that's kind of neat. I know my nape still needs some work and catch up. it's about 4.5 inches last I checked.

krissyhair

I was thinking about how if I drastically wanted to change my hair, what would I do...

Maybe a texturizer, some warm colored brownish highlights, and layers in the front.

But I ain't maintaining all of that so natural shag it is.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
It will be 4 weeks this Saturday in my crochet braids. I will take them out December 6, and rest for two weeks and then its right back into crochet braids until....the New Year.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I'm pretty tired of my hair. I just don't want to deal with it at all. I flat-ironed a few days ago so i could do easy buns/updos and it's worked well, but i can't keep doing that weekly.
tempted to lop all my hair off again, but not interested in going through another TWA purgatory phase.

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
I went out to a lounge last night. I met a guy and we started vibing instantly. He hesitantly reached out to touch my hair and I heard him make a sound of satisfaction. :look:
I glanced over at him using my peripheral and said, "its ok, you can touch it."
He then proceeded to work his way from my kitchen to my crown, yall..all 5 fingers..lol
Him:
"This feels so good, you know...and the fact my hand didnt get caught in any tracks. You have no idea how rare that is."

Me: so you know im going to need a couple drinks and breakfast for you molesting my scalp, right?

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
It will be 4 weeks this Saturday in my crochet braids. I will take them out December 6, and rest for two weeks and then its right back into crochet braids until....the New Year.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Well, that crochet thing might be out the window. The stylist who did them last time has changed her policy. I might have the patience to do it myself because it's really easy. I just don't do my own hair as far as extensions.

So, either I'm going to get my own hair mini braided, figure out if I can tackle doing the crochet braids myself, or just rock out with my washngo until I get bored.

krissyhair

I'm getting to know a distant cousin of mine. She's so lovely, but so backwards. We were riding in the car and she asks "where'd you get your good hair from." Then went on and on about how she could never go without a relaxer and how her daughter's hair is such a struggle. This is not the first time we had that kind of conversation.

spellinto

I learned how to create a Nefertiti wrap with a head scarf last night...:grin: I'll play with it a little more before I wear it out, maybe invest in more fabrics too

My hair is so thankful that I *finally* clarified. I had so much build up the water turned brown :blush:. Then when I conditioned with Hair One my hair felt so lush and detangled :drool: I'm air drying right now and new growth still feels buttery soft!

Guinan

Re-Branding
I keep going back and forth on my next hair color. I've had my current color for about 2mths. I was thinking bout a crimson red, but now i want blonde. I think I'll go ahead & do both. I really want the red as my base color with some blonde highlights. I'm just not sure if i can do both on the same day and how i would separate what i wanted blonde. I plan on buying the color on black Friday.

In the meantime I will be stalking utube for color tutorials.

Last edited:

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I think I'm going to put a rinse in my hair this thanksgiving... I have an entire bottle of adore ruby red on stand by....

So do I, as well as blue black. I was thinking of coloring my hair for my birthday which is Monday.. We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos/ can't see mentions

spellinto

Currently stretching my new growth in two high ponytails. They're doing a great job! I'm going to a large sleepover on campus and I think I'll actually leave the ponytails in. I know I'm grown :look: but they look really cute!

oneastrocurlie

I know my hair is growing but with this shrinkage and me not straightening or measuring I have no idea if I'm retaining. That's always been my issue: good retention, especially in my nape.

I do want to see how my hair looks straight though. Maybe at the one year post-cut mark...in July lol.

sweetpea7

As much a I love being all natural now, I really am scared to wash my hair (straight all week) because I'm style challenged, high density, and have a ton of frizz. I wish some of my immediate fam were natural but I'm glad I got this forum!

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
As much a I love being all natural now, I really am scared to wash my hair (straight all week) because I'm style challenged, high density, and have a ton of frizz. I wish some of my immediate fam were natural but I'm glad I got this forum!
everything will be alright. I thought you were still transitioning. Did get the curlformers or flexirods?

imaginary

The Cherry Lola treatment is my new fave. Even with accidentally adding way too much of the liquid aminos. Gonna play around with different variations, but it is here to stay.

faithVA

[USER=83609 said:
SuchMagnificance[/USER];20807897]I went out to a lounge last night. I met a guy and we started vibing instantly. He hesitantly reached out to touch my hair and I heard him make a sound of satisfaction. :look:
I glanced over at him using my peripheral and said, "its ok, you can touch it."
He then proceeded to work his way from my kitchen to my crown, yall..all 5 fingers..lol
Him:
"This feels so good, you know...and the fact my hand didnt get caught in any tracks. You have no idea how rare that is."

Me: so you know im going to need a couple drinks and breakfast for you molesting my scalp, right?

Did you really say that? :lol: That is too funny. Did he respond?