Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Victoria44

Just spent 3 days putting in mini twists. I always get the urge right after a semester ends and I have too much free time on my hands. I'm not going to mess with my hair for a month.

sweetpea7

I love my wash n go's since they're so easy. However by my ears my curl pattern is almost non existent so its about 2/3 inches longer than the rest of my hair in the back which is 4a. It wouldn't bother me if I could put my hair into a style but its only 5 inches and super thick

Last edited:

sweetpea7

Looking through my pictures I'm seeing that my modified mhm was actually working. Ughhh that at is so messy but my wash and go was so defined

GettingKinky

I finally found a way to quickly apply my dry DC. I mixed my AOHSR and grapeseed oil in a squeeze bottle with an applicator tip. Then I added water to make it runny. It was so easy to get my roots covered. My dry DC application time went from 20 minutes to 5! Now I can definitely do this 2x per week.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I finally found a way to quickly apply my dry DC. I mixed my AOHSR and grapeseed oil in a squeeze bottle with an applicator tip. Then I added water to make it runny. It was so easy to get my roots covered. My dry DC application time went from 20 minutes to 5! Now I can definitely do this 2x per week.

This is how I apply my Nexxus Emergencee. I use a dye applicator bottle and a little water. It's soooo nuch quicker and way less messy

faithVA

This makes so much sense. I have a few applicator bottles. I'm going to try this out tomorrow. :yep: Thanks!

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Scalp is itching like mad. Will just cowash with Aia today. Need a full shampoo by sunday tho.

Last edited:

1BalancedBeauty

My mom and I just had an argument earlier but I'll probably stop by the beauty supply to buy her some colour so that she can look good for the xmas trip she's about to go on.

Smiley79

I can't say enough things about the Aphogee Curlific Texture Treatment. That stuff is awesome.

On another note...I really need to clear out/clean out my PJ stash. Are 4 different (full) containers of gel really necessary? smh

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Finally deep conditioning. I shampoo'd, conditioned/detangled and now I'm planning on letting this masque sit on my hair for 3 hours. I usually only DC for 2, but my hair really needs it...ehhh Idk...I'll see how it feels in 2 hours.

nerdography

So, I decided to make an effort to do my hair differently every day instead of wearing a bun all the time. And I just got complemented by two people. I just copied the style in my signature. I'm thinking of doing a braided crown tomorrow. But french braids/cornrows have never been my strong point.

Since, I'm going to be off for two weeks for Christmas I'll work on perfecting styles.

naija24

i seriously feel like big chopping this weekend. where should i get my big chop done? I found a few places but I dont' think I should pay more than $100 for a haircut. No way. I was thinking like a supercuts or hair cuttery. Where did yall do your big chop? I am not confident enough to do it by myself.

I'd like to pay like 30 bucks. LOL

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
i seriously feel like big chopping this weekend. where should i get my big chop done? I found a few places but I dont' think I should pay more than $100 for a haircut. No way. I was thinking like a supercuts or hair cuttery. Where did yall do your big chop? I am not confident enough to do it by myself.

I'd like to pay like 30 bucks. LOL

Then go to supercuts. Just go with your hair washed with ng fully shrunk so the stylist can see the line of demarcation.

Oh and you will be a straight hair natural? When you are ready to straighten go to a salon and get it all styled and shaped etc after the bc. Save you some time and cash

Come back with pics!!

Last edited:

naija24

Then go to supercuts. Just go with your hair washed with ng fully shrunk so the stylist can see the line of demarcation.

Oh and you will be a straight hair natural? When you are ready to straighten go to a salon and get it all styled and shaped etc after the bc. Save you some time and cash

Come back with pics!!

EDIT: getting my BC done this Saturday at MasterCuts!! haaaaay!! So nervous/excited/anxious! but I figure, why wait?? My only concern is how bf/bf's dad will react during xmas.

Weave removal and shampoo and cut will cost $40 total. Yassss!!

I'll put off color for now.

Last edited:

RoundEyedGirl504

I hate transitioning hair. Especially because mine is short. Half curly, half straight, I can't even describe this hair style I came up with, it looks nice from the front. The back, not so much lol

naija24

This big chop is so stressful. I moved my desired appt from March to this weekend and the bf is not pleased. Says that I'm not giving him enough time to process. WELP TOUGH COOKIES. I love the man with all my heart but I'm putting my foot down on this one.

I can't wait to start doing blowouts and deep conditions on my own hair again. I plan to press in February for valentines day :3 I need to find a good hair dryer with comb attachment :/

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Winter is murder on my scalp. Haven't washed in a week. My hair was doing great! Nice moisture, great styling and it only reverted about 50 percent from being pressed 7 days ago.

But my scalp stayed dry and got sore no matter how much the humidifier was on or how much oil I massaged in.

Ugh

So I cowash with aia coconut cowash and used the silk V05. My scalp is much better . Shampoo wash to come sunday...

Where spring at??!

Last edited:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
This big chop is so stressful. I moved my desired appt from March to this weekend and the bf is not pleased. Says that I'm not giving him enough time to process. WELP TOUGH COOKIES. I love the man with all my heart but I'm putting my foot down on this one.

I can't wait to start doing blowouts and deep conditions on my own hair again. I plan to press in February for valentines day :3 I need to find a good hair dryer with comb attachment :/

Yay! Do you. Be you. Live authentically and you will command respect.

So proud!

Waiting on dem pics....

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
This big chop is so stressful. I moved my desired appt from March to this weekend and the bf is not pleased. Says that I'm not giving him enough time to process. WELP TOUGH COOKIES. I love the man with all my heart but I'm putting my foot down on this one. I can't wait to start doing blowouts and deep conditions on my own hair again. I plan to press in February for valentines day :3 I need to find a good hair dryer with comb attachment :/

It's gonna be ok.....just breathe. ;)

Remember, it's just hair. I think sometimes we forget that.

Attachments

• image-2631434923.jpg
    image-2631434923.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 22

sweetpea7

This big chop is so stressful. I moved my desired appt from March to this weekend and the bf is not pleased. Says that I'm not giving him enough time to process. WELP TOUGH COOKIES. I love the man with all my heart but I'm putting my foot down on this one. I can't wait to start doing blowouts and deep conditions on my own hair again. I plan to press in February for valentines day :3 I need to find a good hair dryer with comb attachment :/

Yaye! Do what's best for you. Is Your hair going to be as long as your avi?

krissyhair

Winter is murder on my scalp. Haven't washed in a week. My hair was doing great! Nice moisture, great styling and it only reverted about 50 percent from being pressed 7 days ago.

But my scalp stayed dry and got sore no matter how much the humidifier was on or how much oil I massaged in.

Ugh

So I cowash with aia coconut cowash and used the silk V05. My scalp is much better . Shampoo wash to come sunday...

Where spring at??!

The winter is destroying my nape. These coats, scarves, and sweaters keep tangling and drying out that area.

MsKinkycurl

I'm getting over a cold and feeling really hair lazy yet overly ambitious. I want to take down my semi-mini twists and stretch my hair with curl formers then do a Bantu knot out for christmas so I can get optimal hang time. I'm being lazy by only taking down a few twists at a time and finishing by Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF