Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Spongebob

I knew I was gonna do something stupid and I did. I cut all my hair off. I was aiming for ear length and made a complete mess of it so I cut the rest off. i look awful. I look like a fat version of my dad.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I knew I was gonna do something stupid and I did. I cut all my hair off. I was aiming for ear length and made a complete mess of it so I cut the rest off. i look awful. I look like a fat version of my dad.

Oh, Spongebob. I didn't think you'd really do it. I'm sure you look beautiful. I look like my dad and DD looks like hers and we love our looks. At least you've been there and know you can get back. :needhug:

sweetpea7

My hair is at it's longest 7.5 inches but I'm ultra high density so it bursting out of this claw clip. Has anyone with natural thickness tried a scunci large upzing?

LadyRaider

I feel you. My mom is this beautiful goddess with long wavy hair and creamy golden skin... and I end up looking like my dad! Argh! At least I have her cute mouth, and not that big protruding lower lip that my dad's family has. Dodged a bullet there.

jbwphoto1

Spongebob, When my BFF called me to say she cut off all her hair and was starting over, I asked her how did she look with no hair. She said just like her younger brother. She said people always said they looked alike, but now she knew for sure. :yep: Like someone else stated, I'm very proud I look like my daddy. I look so much like my daddy until I look like my granddaddy. :grin:

ronie

I feel you. My mom is this beautiful goddess with long wavy hair and creamy golden skin... and I end up looking like my dad! Argh! At least I have her cute mouth, and not that big protruding lower lip that my dad's family has. Dodged a bullet there.
Lollll I can't with the dad's look bashing. I can so relate. My mother is a beautiful brown skin woman with perfect facial features. She has always had nice thick shoulder length hair. My sister looks like her. I ended up getting my dad's long face, huge forehead, fat protruding lower lip (my absolutely worst feature) and receding hairline. On the other hand I inherited my moms gorgeous hourglass shape, and amazing personality. So reading these comments had me rolling.

krissyhair

I put a picture of my baby niece on Facebook, and Facebook asked if I'd like to tag her father. Lol they look just alike.

Same thing with mine. I go around town and people say, "you look familiar."

niknakmac

My twists from last weekend still look good. I'm not sure if I should wash and retwist this weekend. Decisions, decisions. They aren't even fuzzy.

Sosa

Yep...ditto for looking more like Dad than my gorgeous mother. :sad:.
Guys I date think I'm relatively goodlooking until they see my mom :-/. I guess it makes them realize I could be looking much better :lol:.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
cannot wait for APL or BSL.

I feel like my life will get so much easier. you can get away with minimal styling with long hair. 4 braid braidouts, ponytail rollersets, nice full looking buns.

it feels like so much work to keep my CBL/SL hair looking cute. i'm too lazy and busy for alladis right now.

overtherainbow

Currently DCing with AO Camille Rose and EVOO. The store was out of moisturizing DCs so lets hope that this works....

^I favor my mom but my paternal grandfather's genes are strong. The cousins look more like siblings. One of my cousins and I can pass for twins, same birth marks and everything.

Lilmama1011

I'm starting to have the fact of detangling when I have curls. Like I think daily why didn't I do a stretched style like a protective stylw. My new growth is thick! I'm actually thinking about flat ironing my hair and I have been direct heat less for almost 2 years. I'm thinking about actually flat ironing and only washing once a month like sister with real hair. Buy I'm scared of heat!

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
All I want is a jar of bentonite clay. Nothing more. Nothing less. No Vitamin Shoppe I will NOT wait 5-6weeks for delivery!! I. WILL. NOT. :nono:

spacetygrss

Today was like my birthday.
My salon chair, mat, styling station, APB, MHC and Sephora orders all showed up. I came home to a pile of boxes.
I can't wait until my husband puts my stuff together. Woot!

krissyhair

My hair decided to have magical powers when I went out last night. It had VOLUME. It started out early in the day with what looked like a cowlick. But that cowlick turned into 10,000 volts of funktastic sexy curl power. People gave me so much compliments

Last edited:

LivingInPeace

I'm embarrassed to admit how much I enjoy spending time in the shower with my hair wet, trying to see how long it is.:blush: My longest layer is still just below my shoulder blades. I can't get to brastrap for nothing!!!

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
I had the bright idea of painting my finger and toenails while deep conditioning under the dryer. Totally didn't dawn on me that I still have to rinse, plop, apply product, and wet bun with freshly painted nails. Sigh!

LadyRaider

Lollll I can't with the dad's look bashing. I can so relate. My mother is a beautiful brown skin woman with perfect facial features. She has always had nice thick shoulder length hair. My sister looks like her. I ended up getting my dad's long face, huge forehead, fat protruding lower lip (my absolutely worst feature) and receding hairline. On the other hand I inherited my moms gorgeous hourglass shape, and amazing personality. So reading these comments had me rolling.

Oh no! You got the lip!!!!! Sorry about that. Nice that you got the nice shape. Now that my cousins on my mother's side of the family have gotten fat with age, I can see how curvy and round their figures are. I am all lumpy with a flat butt.... Dad's genes strikes again.

krissyhair

Has anyone tried the Matrix Biolage all purpose styling gel? Or is it just for white folks?
http://biolage.matrix.com/styling/gelee

I've never tried it, but I would never count out a styling product because it looks like it's just for white people (unless it's one of those weird, glue like styling puddies, but even that might be good for twists)
Biolage has a great product line. They're very effective. I would try it.

Anaisin

Has anyone tried the Matrix Biolage all purpose styling gel? Or is it just for white folks?
http://biolage.matrix.com/styling/gelee

The texture of it would work better for white women but of course it doesn't mean it won't work for you. It's more of a hold product for wavy hair though. My cousin has thick 3b and it did nothing, you have to take in account that a lot of white women/people love saying "naturally curly hair" when they see hair with the slightest wave, it's annoying and misleading with product reviews.

Spongebob

I have to do things differently this time. This is the 3rd time on this journey. I 'm focusing on health this time not length. It did not make me happy to have damaged TBL hair. I do wish I had straightened it before I had cut it, I have never seen my hair straight except once for my brothers wedding years back at APL. It would have given me a motivation it would have been lovely to see it. But I am an impulsive person, and need to learn from my mistakes. though overal I think I made the right decision. I keep walking out of my room unaware that I'm bald and fear bumping into any of the cute doctors on my corridor.Lol, need to find a scarf.

LadyRaider

The texture of it would work better for white women but of course it doesn't mean it won't work for you. It's more of a hold product for wavy hair though. My cousin has thick 3b and it did nothing, you have to take in account that a lot of white women/people love saying "naturally curly hair" when they see hair with the slightest wave, it's annoying and misleading with product reviews.

LOL. Now that you mention it, the white lady who was reviewing it on youtube had um... a bit of a curve in her hair... :lol:

sweetpea7

I love when ppl say my hair smells good! Being natural it always smells like peppermint (TJ TTT)

Relaxed I smelled like burnt flat iron plates or blow dryer smoke.

Lilmama1011

My hair looks a absolute mess because I just moisturized and sealed nightly and put on a bonnet and slept on it. Someone had the nerve to tell me it looks nice on day 7, lol. I was like, are you serious?

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Well I'll have to return to my summertime “wash every 4th day" schedule. In the winter wash day is once per week. My hair looks & feels great; my scalp isn't having any of that :-\

Using LHCF via smartphone. Can't see mentions.