Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

naija24

Grease is ya friend! If you pressed or straightened with that, your hair would last at least a week or two without reversion.

My hair is only 2.5 inches long. far too short for my unskilled self to straighten myself. none of my stylists ever used grease either.

sgold04

so over the frizz. terrified of all the extra heat. my presses don't last more than 3 days. it's so annoying. someone talk me out of slapping on a relaxer.
How about a long term protective style through the summer? (Braids, twists, weave, etc.). Since moving to the east coast, I don't bother straightening my hair during summer due to humidity and thunderstorms (I'm from CA). You also could try beautiful textures TMS. I tried it once and it worked well for me.

naija24

How about a long term protective style through the summer? (Braids, twists, weave, etc.). Since moving to the east coast, I don't bother straightening my hair during summer due to humidity and thunderstorms (I'm from CA). You also could try beautiful textures TMS. I tried it once and it worked well for me.

Yeah, I may just weave up. And leave it in until next May LOL. I start grad school in the fall so my budget is super tight. So I may just install a sew in and just retighten as necessary and keep it moving.

Stormy

This is what I do. Twists or TMS.

Lucia

I was at the grocery store and saw a bw with hair between SL and APL but it was over-processed, dry, and see through. She really needs LHCF. I wanted to say something to her, but I didn't want to be rude.

@GettingKinky

Next time just ask them if they're a member of longhair club or healthy hair club etc when they ask then send them to lhcf.com
That way your sort of paying them a compliment

Last edited:

Lucia

@julzinha
Btw love your siggy :lachen:

Beloved, Have Some of this Whipped Shea Butter Wisdom

kupenda

I can't remember the last time I slept with my hair covered. Plus I'm due for the second half of my trim from a few months ago. I'm all out of my favorite deep conditioners. I'm slumming

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
I'm very disappointed in this liquidation company that limited it's warehouse supplies for in-store pickup and only has the case product avail. for tax/shipping fee warehouse prices. That adds 17.00 base to each order. It's funny to me that other products are available but not the "African American" ones. Something tells me this is done on purpose to get more profit when they know that these natural haircare items are very popular. Charge us exorbitant fees for these limited products ! SMH.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I big chopped and finished nursing my baby, so I'm ready to start a vitamin regimen. Working out more, drinking protein shakes, and taking vitamins should accelerate my growth and general health. To Whole Foods, I go!

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
So, the products I want to buy caseloads of are Nene's Secret. They have about 7 products. I like the M.M. or Mom's Masque. These people want to charge me 1 dollar each in-store but they only usually have 1-2 available at each location. Online, you have the option to ship to the store in cases. That's 6 bucks. So, tell me why that warehouse is out-of-stock but the one shipping to your home has plenty? What could cost me 50 bucks would eventually cost me 150.00 dollars with taxes and shipping but in-store taxes, PA is covered. I don't know the business term for this but this is ethnic price-gauging by supposed unavailability.

overtherainbow

I feel like my hair isn't growing at the rate that it used to. When I first BC'd, I flew past shoulder length and APl. The climb through MBL is really trying me because I feel like my ends needed more trims once I reached BSL. Luckily the twists seem to be working! I lost 1/2 of the amount of shed hair that I usually do in a week despite the fact that I just moved (Again! 3rd times the charm!) and I've been on a pub pizza, PF Chang and box wine diet.... I also haven't exercised in a year (I destroyed my knees and I am just able to exercise now) so I'm sure that also has something to do with my slower growth rate since I've been a daily runner/cyclist/lifter for 8 years. The most exercise I did this year was a 2 mile walk 3-5 times a week :(

naija24

yall, i'm deciding on whether to get weave this week. my hair is a puffy hot mess and it's expensive to get presses that last 2-3 days. i'm over it.

do i really need two bundles of hair if I get a lace closure as well?? I'm thinking I'd just get 1 bundle of hair and a lace closure that's a bit longer in inches and that should be enough. am i wrong?? This is how i want my weave to look when it's done. I don't intend to leave out any hair. This length is also my hair goal length. So I plan to leave my hair weaves up until ti's this length hopefully next December. Thoughts?

brownb83

I'm going to see how long I can stretch this relaxer. After this second set of box braids I am going to do crochet braids.

However, if I don't relax I need to DC and flat iron on roots before braiding. I'm in love with coronet braids all the styles look amazing

spacetygrss

I got my pics and my phone analysis from Komaza today. I got some really good info, but I found it funny that she was just as perplexed as to why my hair decided to randomly act crazy as well! She gave me my recs and then told me to email her in 4 months so that we could reassess. She wants to look at my hair under the microscope again.
I'm feeling pretty good about this because I got some pretty solid advice. I'm hoping that this will turn my hair around!

ClassyJSP

I'm not sure what's going on with my hair at the moment. I went to moisturize and seal last night and my hair felt dry/ruff. I think whatever products I put in my hair the other day need to be washed out again.

Beachy

NEVER EVER AGAIN will I mix Design Essentials gel with Ecostyler (Sally's and there stupid bogo sale). :angry2: :angry2: I swear I am still trying to calm down from what I had to go through this morning.

Sunday I did my regular wash n go bun but substituted DE for my beloved Kinky Curly (why oh why). It took a lil longer to dry but for the most part everything was okay. I had a short week of work so I decided I would go ahead and refresh my hair with a quick DC (not to mention that my daughter said she thought she saw some flakes forming in the back of my bun.

So I get in the shower do my normal cowash and realize my hair feels really sticky so I peek out the shower and see what I can only describe as white glue like balls all throughout my hair!!! So I breakdowns my normal 4 sections to 8 sections and cowash again now after 30-45 mins of being in the shower I step out and look in the mirror and want to cry because my hair is still covered in sticky white glue balls :cry:. Now I'm desperate so I grab my daughters shampoo (my hair hates shampoo) and take a small section and wash it in the sink so I can see what I'm doing. Did absolutely nothing but dry and tangle my hair so now I'm in panic mode wth do I do?? :censored: Desperate times call for desperate measures so I grab my small tooth comb (reserved for the comb chase method) took a small section of hair coated it in conditioner and began detangling/trying to get the white glue balls out. I finished with the section and then rinsed it to see if it was any better and YES!!! :amen:the white balls were gone from that section!!!. It took me 2.5 jars of my Superfruit conditioner and 2.5 hours but I did it!!!! Oh and did I mention tomorrow is my birthday and there was no way I was going to spend it with a jacked up head full of white glue balls!!!

Whew....now I feel better that I got my rant out.

ClassyJSP

NEVER EVER AGAIN will I mix Design Essentials gel with Ecostyler (Sally's and there stupid bogo sale). :angry2: :angry2: I swear I am still trying to calm down from what I had to go through this morning.

Sunday I did my regular wash n go bun but substituted DE for my beloved Kinky Curly (why oh why). It took a lil longer to dry but for the most part everything was okay. I had a short week of work so I decided I would go ahead and refresh my hair with a quick DC (not to mention that my daughter said she thought she saw some flakes forming in the back of my bun.

So I get in the shower do my normal cowash and realize my hair feels really sticky so I peek out the shower and see what I can only describe as white glue like balls all throughout my hair!!! So I breakdowns my normal 4 sections to 8 sections and cowash again now after 30-45 mins of being in the shower I step out and look in the mirror and want to cry because my hair is still covered in sticky white glue balls :cry:. Now I'm desperate so I grab my daughters shampoo (my hair hates shampoo) and take a small section and wash it in the sink so I can see what I'm doing. Did absolutely nothing but dry and tangle my hair so now I'm in panic mode wth do I do?? :censored: Desperate times call for desperate measures so I grab my small tooth comb (reserved for the comb chase method) took a small section of hair coated it in conditioner and began detangling/trying to get the white glue balls out. I finished with the section and then rinsed it to see if it was any better and YES!!! :amen:the white balls were gone from that section!!!. It took me 2.5 jars of my Superfruit conditioner and 2.5 hours but I did it!!!! Oh and did I mention tomorrow is my birthday and there was no way I was going to spend it with a jacked up head full of white glue balls!!!

Whew....now I feel better that I got my rant out.

WOW I would've been a mess... glad you got your hair back on track