Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

naija24

I really feel my hair growing and retaining length and it's a great feeling. I think I can make CBL by the fall.

veesweets

My braid out lasted all of 2 hours yesterday :wallbash: I need new styling products and I need them quick. My hair also needs more moisture but the heat is sucking is out as quickly as I'm putting it in. Can it be fall already?!

Holla

I love VO5 Silky experience coconut conditioner for cowashing. Hate Suave soothing lavender conditioner. VO5 is thick, leaves me a teeny bit of slip, and doesn't dry my hair out. I like it better than their moisture milk conditioners. I should have bought 10 bottles during the 79-cent sale at Wegmans.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
My hair plans for today are HOT with sunflower oil, black tea rinse & deep treatment with ORS replenishing conditioner. It's about 93 degrees today. If i pass out at least my hair will be conditioned.

Embyra

Had a lot of compliments on my hair today

It was just in a bun but I have been using coconut oil nightly :yep:

MsKinkycurl

I had a great hair day today. Last night I cowashed with TJ TT then conditioned with a mixture of everyday shea conditioner, wheatgerm oil, argan oil, and orange essentisl oil ( I'm trying to make an AO HSR alternative). Sealed with homemade shea butter mx. My naturally cottony 4b/a hair was noticeably shinier and my hair feels balanced.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
My wash n go was popping until I looked in the mirror and saw all those greys, gross. I am this close, to taking that box dye to my natural hair.

spellinto

krissyhair

[USER=394389]Holla[/USER];20308999 said:
I love VO5 Silky experience coconut conditioner for cowashing. Hate Suave soothing lavender conditioner. VO5 is thick, leaves me a teeny bit of slip, and doesn't dry my hair out. I like it better than their moisture milk conditioners. I should have bought 10 bottles during the 79-cent sale at Wegmans.

Wegmans usually rotates, half the year Vo5 is $0.79, the other half suave is $0.79.

PlainJane

Ugh. As much as I like the way AOGBP makes my hair feel, I just can't get over how it has zero slip. Back to ORS replenishing conditioner once this is empty...

SuchaLady

Ugh. As much as I like the way AOGBP makes my hair feel, I just can't get over how it has zero slip. Back to ORS replenishing conditioner once this is empty...

Yes Aubrey is great for moisture but gives no type of smoothness to my hair. And I don't mix hair products so that's a no lol

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
spellinto that's one of the creamy leave-ins I use. That HE LTR & the garnier in the green bottle.

I don't really love it. Like it's my 2nd choice of the three. I don't know why because it's a good product. Leaves my hair moisturized but not greasy and flat.

Last edited:

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I love gray hair! I wish my hair was completely gray or at least salt'n'pepper. My grandmother is 62 with 2 strands of gray in her entire head so I don't think it's in my genetics.
I can pass for 20 something, but not with the greys. I don't think I'll ever be grey. It depends on how I feel in 20yrs:lachen:

BranwenRosewood

I can pass for 20 something, but not with the greys. I don't think I'll ever be grey. It depends on how I feel in 20yrs:lachen:

I'm 22 so I might not want gray hair in 20yrs but for now I love it. I almost dyed my hair gray but someone talked me out of it. I'm henna red right now but I might go back to orange-blond when this relaxer is grown out. Imma try to find a pic of how my bleached hair looked 2yrs ago.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
All these years of being natural and I still have the same problem. No good leave in conditioner. I also wonder if my hair is growing up there. I also need to follow a better regimen because I seem to be neglecting my hair lately.

Aviah

Aviah

Why? What's going on?

SEMO

I've wanted long hair my whole life. I finally just got to MBL, and Its no big deal any more. I wanted WL, but at this point I want to wear it out more, flat iron it more, maybe try color at some point, or maybe even cut it. Its just not the big deal I cracked it up to be. The amount of time and energy I spent obsessing over it and PSing and measuring... I'm not mad at my hair, it complies pretty well with what I want from it- but I'm over it. I'd like a fuller MBL but I'm happy here.