Rave! Dabur Vatika Coconut Hair Oil is the truth!

baddison

natural for good
So before I finalize my order :look: has anyone used the Dabur amla hair oil??? :lachen:

LOL!!!....I was gonna add that to my recommendations too. I use the Amla oil monthly as part of my overnite henna mix. I don't care what nobody else says, but I truly believe this monthly amla oil is the reason why my hair stays darker longer, and the grays that I "should" have are not even here. YUP!! Another Dabur staple for me!:grin:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Ok, that's it! I'm ordering some tonight! I just received my cocoveda coconut oil and I think it's pretty much the same thing but I can't see my self prepooing with it due to the price. I'll use the Dabur Vatika to prepoo instead.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
sharifeh said:
Does hairvedas vatika frosting work just as well for people? Because I love the smell of that

I love the smell if the Vatika frosting too! I'd buy it again just for the delicious scent :).

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Does anybody have the new formula of Dabur Vatika? If so, how do you like it?

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I guess I will add this back to my buying list.

I used it back in the day and enjoyed using it!

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
What exactly does it smell like? Is it like totally unbearable?

Angelinhell The scent is pretty light and herbal-y; almost like grass that is drying in the sun. :spinning: Sorry, I couldn't think of much to compare it to! Thankfully, the oil is not a horrendous or gag-a-riffic scent like some other products I've used in the past.

cutenss

So I've been using Dabur Vatika Coconut Hair Oil one night before I wash my hair weekly, then I wash it out the next day. It is really good stuff!!:grin:

It's making my hair so healthy and growing faster. I love it.

Anyone else use this???

Italiano :love: Your hair is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! :love: And to answer your question, I didn't, but I am about to :yep: I just use coconut lime oil from Hydroquench.

Oneprettypa

I used it in Iraq because I read good reviews on it and my hair shed like crazy and was nasty oily! However I must say I didn't know much about hair so in willing to try it again as a pre-poo.

baddison

natural for good
@baddison & @Italiano man...you guys are killing me.... Back to ebay I go....:giggle:

So how are you guys using it?

I use the Dabur Amla oil in my monthly henna mix. I mix NUPUR Henna, room-temperature coffee, Dabur Amla Oil, and cheapie condish....that's it. 4 items only. The second Friday nite, of every single month (for the past 4 years...) has been called "dirt night" by my loving hubby who has to sleep next to a mud head...LOL!

Anyway...I sleep with my henna mix, then wake Sat. morn and proceed with a really moisturizing regimen. I am very certain that its the amla oil, and the amla powders in my henna that keep my hair so dark and keeps the greys at bay. This is the only way I use the Dabur Amla oil. Its a monthly thing. :grin:

blackindia07

baddison so the amla oil isnt something you would use daily... only as a prepoo? The fact that you say it keep your grays away has me a little nervous though. My hair is dark brown with reddish/medium brown highlights that I love and dont want to lose. Do you think it would effect the color of my hair?

Kiadodie

@baddison so the amla oil isnt something you would use daily... only as a prepoo? The fact that you say it keep your grays away has me a little nervous though. My hair is dark brown with reddish/medium brown highlights that I love and dont want to lose. Do you think it would effect the color of my hair?

From prior uses, I can say it did darken my hair but as you can see my hair is black so I'm ok with that but if you have highlights I don't think I would use the amla oil.

baddison

natural for good
@baddison so the amla oil isnt something you would use daily... only as a prepoo? The fact that you say it keep your grays away has me a little nervous though. My hair is dark brown with reddish/medium brown highlights that I love and dont want to lose. Do you think it would effect the color of my hair?

blackindia07, Nope...not a daily item at all....only for the monthly henna treatments. I really like the softening and darkening results. Like @Italiano mentioned....after consistent use, it may darken your highlights.

blackindia07

Italiano your hair is black? I wouldnt have thought so from your siggy...I would say our hair color looks similar. Dark brown with medium brown ends and mixed in through out... Mine is very subtle...most ppl dont notice it until im in the light or especially the sun and all are very surprised by it. LOL

Kiadodie

@Italiano your hair is black? I wouldnt have thought so from your siggy...I would say our hair color looks similar. Dark brown with medium brown ends and mixed in through out... Mine is very subtle...most ppl dont notice it until im in the light or especially the sun and all are very surprised by it. LOL

Yeah its black with brown in it though, you're right. :yep: Its a mix but I notice w/ the alma it does make it more darker.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
baddison said:
I use the Dabur Amla oil in my monthly henna mix. I mix NUPUR Henna, room-temperature coffee, Dabur Amla Oil, and cheapie condish....that's it. 4 items only. The second Friday nite, of every single month (for the past 4 years...) has been called "dirt night" by my loving hubby who has to sleep next to a mud head...LOL!

Anyway...I sleep with my henna mix, then wake Sat. morn and proceed with a really moisturizing regimen. I am very certain that its the amla oil, and the amla powders in my henna that keep my hair so dark and keeps the greys at bay. This is the only way I use the Dabur Amla oil. Its a monthly thing. :grin:

baddison I might try the overnight henna application this weekend because doing it all during the day is just too time consuming AND you don't have time for nothing else. I bought two 5g so I'm good for almost a year, unless I chose to do 2 applications in one month ;-). I store my powder in my extra freezer in the basement.

FindingMe

I remember buying it years ago when I first joined the board but I don't remember using it consistently.. I might pick some up omw home tonight. Your hair is on point. :yep:

^^this is me....BUT OP's hair did make me want to go to my local Indian Store and try it again...like... that day. :lol: I did a pre-poo before my WnG yesterday and loved it. May be adding again to my staples....

ETA: I massaged it into my scalp and my scalp seems to love it.

Last edited:

The Princess

Put the oil on my hair and wrapped it up with Saran wrap while I exercise. Afterwards cowashed with VO5. I noticed a difference with using this oil prior to cowashing. My hair was soft and felt very conditioned. I will use this in my regimen.

blackindia07

So after getting my Vatika I decided to braid my hair and leave it in overnight as a prepoo. When I took my hair out the next day it was very shiny and soft so I started using it in my braid out. Anyone see a reason why this would be a prob? Does anyone use it day to day?

ElegantElephant

My hair is dyed a reddish/brown color. Will using the coconut or alma oil darken it???? I really want to use the oils but don't want to dye my hair regularly....I currently dye it twice a year and by the way, I'm relaxed. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Kiadodie

My hair is dyed a reddish/brown color. Will using the coconut or alma oil darken it???? I really want to use the oils but don't want to dye my hair regularly....I currently dye it twice a year and by the way, I'm relaxed. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

I think it will darken it.

hannan

I just picked this up yesterday and am now seeing this thread :lol:. I love coconut oil and hairveda's vatika frosting worked extremely well - I'm guessing b/c of the henna - for me. I'm sure vatika oil will work even better.

Lovely hair, Italiano! :yep: