Rave! GHD flatiron... Did I just condition my hair or flat iron it?

blessed7777

I just bought a flat iron from Sephora today called GHD. I know its really popular overseas so I may not get too much of a response. I normally use a FHI platform and my hair had a very dry feel to it lol. After using the GHD my hair felt smooth and silky! I am not sure how the GHD compares to the Runway but my hair feels amazing! Like I just sat under the steamer or something! When I combed my hair out I didn't have the breakage like when I use the platform. By the way I am a 4a with a little 3c in the nape area and I am 4 mths post.

Has anyone else used a GHD and can compare it to other irons? My only con was that it is a fixed temp but it only takes one swipe to get your hair straight so thats really not a con. My 450 temp FHI will be good for my BKT treatments but thats it.

I wish I could capture all this on camera but its more in the way my hair feels vs. straightness.

Last edited:

LushLox

GHD is the 'holy grail' flat iron in the UK, it's a top seller. I wish they would make an iron with a temperature gauge though.

blessed7777

I hope they make one soon with a temp control as well. That would make this iron perfect!

So in the UK is it equal to the FHI Runway in the states?

LushLox

I'm not sure. I don't think they are though, I think the Runway is a more superior model. It's certainly more expensive!

ceebee3

I have a GHD but I haven't used it yet. The next time I straighten my hair, that's what I'll be using.

I've heard nothing but good reviews so far. My stylist really likes it.

blessed7777

Do you have the IV styler? Also, does your stylist straighten natural hair as well? I am transitioning so I am curious how the iron will hold up as time goes on.

Bun Mistress

My stylist runs a salon that both naturals and relaxed ladies go to and she uses a GHD. I purchased one 9 or so months ago and I love it. I'm straightening challenged so it is great for me. I like it better than the maxiglide. Fewer passes I think and better outcome.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
omg i'm so jealous! i freakin love the ghd. i still haven't got mine. when i used it though, my hair felt great! once i get it that will be the only flatiron i use. i swear its the best flatiron in the world. ♥

achangedlife

Hmmm. Must consider this when my FHI platform dies. I love the FHI, I can't compare it to a GHD though. I tried GHD's styling line and hated it. Took all of it back to Sephora. I will consider the flat iron though.

ceebee3

Do you have the IV styler? Also, does your stylist straighten natural hair as well? I am transitioning so I am curious how the iron will hold up as time goes on.

Yes, I have the black IV styler. My stylist uses it on both relaxed and natural heads.

What's the cost of the GHD?

They run $200 and up. I just purchased mine in December when HSN was running a special. I'm not sure if they still have it or not.

KrystalClear

beautiful hair.
Makes me want to flat iron mine.
But I love it!
Have you heard of the hana elite?
It has the same results, like it made my hair SOFTER and silkier than ever.
It was weird lol - in a GREAT way though.

lizzyb168

you can get GHD's for around 100 -120 British pounds which i think is around 200 dollars.

I wouldnt recommend the ghd styling line at all but the flatiron itself, you can't get any better in the UK. European and African American stylists both recommend it and it is worth the money. Plus you can get it in a range of styles, just make sure you avoid the counterfit ones which are all over ebay etc.

HTH!

blessed7777

Naturalbrownbarbie I thought about getting the hana elite before I purchased the GHD but I could not wait another day. So I jumped in my car and picked up my GHD at Sephora and the rest is history :drunk: