READ THE ENTIRE BIBLE CHALLENGE

Netta1

:bookworm:
My DH and I have been challenging ourselves to read the entire bible cover to cover. Care to join? My goal is to finish reading the entire bible cover to cover by the End of December. I have divided my bible in sections and today my goal is to finish Deuteronomy.

Feel free to join, let’s encourage each other here. Even if you have already read the entire bible feel free to join this challenge. As we read lets continue to ask GOD for wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

Oh yeah I am reading the KJV and NIV and remixed versions.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Netta1

I'd join if it's not too late. I started reading it last month..1 chapter each day.

Its not to late at all! Welcome!

i'm IN!! i started something similar last week.

when's the official start?

Great! I started all ready but the official start date for the purposes of those who are joining is TODAY.

SURE!!!!

I'll get started today...:yep:

Sounds good!

Is it recommended or easier to read the Bible in order or mixed up chapters?

That depends on you and GOD :0). I am going in order from Gen to Rev. Welcome to the challenge!

MSee

I finnished the Amplified last year and the King James the year before, so I started the NIV this year and stopped somewhere in Deuteronomy and Luke (I was reading chapters from the Old and New Testaments each day). This is going to be my incentive to continue. I'm not on the forum often though, so I'll just be glad to know there are other sisters reading also.

paradise1975

I would love to join this challenge. I actually made a personal challenge similar to this last month. Its great to have sister's in Christ to participate with.

Netta1

I finnished the Amplified last year and the King James the year before, so I started the NIV this year and stopped somewhere in Deuteronomy and Luke (I was reading chapters from the Old and New Testaments each day). This is going to be my incentive to continue. I'm not on the forum often though, so I'll just be glad to know there are other sisters reading also.

Wow, thats great! Welcome to the challenge!

I would love to join this challenge. I actually made a personal challenge similar to this last month. Its great to have sister's in Christ to participate with.

I agree. Welcome to the challenge!

Netta1

How goes it guys??? I didn't meet my goal yesterday....I read some of deut, I plan on reading some more today.

Happy readings everyone!

MSee

I thought a few tips from what I learnt during my personal challenge may help someone else.
1. It may be easier to get a guide so you can tick off where you are or make sure to book mark where you are. This comes in pretty handy if you waver and miss several weeks or months. You will know where you left off. Note, I may miss months in the reading through challenge but I do read my Bible everyday in my devotion time even if it is just one verse. (I can thank my mother for that habit)
2. Do not get frustrated if you aren’t remembering what you read the day before. I can’t remember all the good meals I gave my children but their growth and good health testify to the fact that they were well fed. You will be pleasantly surprised when life hands you a question mark and the answer rises up within you from a passage you read and didn’t think you absorbed. Anyway, it is good to maintain daily devotions for spiritual growth besides the general reading through.
3. Say a quick prayer for wisdom and a listening ear every time you stop to read. Even though most days I would be just reading to accomplish my goal, I never knew when God would take the most out there chapter and turn it into an answer to a hidden question or a gentle warning about a bad attitude or habit I had been cultivating :look:, or give understanding to some aspect in my everyday life. The bible is alive :yep:
4. Be encouraged if someone near you joins the challenge with you but watch out for the competitive spirit. It will trip you up. (I won’t elaborate, you can just guess how I know that :blush:)
5. If you don’t finish in a year just continue into the next or start again the New Year. We have an enemy who would love to discourage us, but never forget that the race is not for the swift. Just find you own pace and assure yourself that the most important thing is reading the Bible. If you do finish celebrate.
6. Enjoy the support of others on this board. It’s a blessing.

I’m sure others could give more helpful tips. I’m personally elated that other sisters are doing this and I pray that we all finish. Off to read I go.

paradise1975

I thought a few tips from what I learnt during my personal challenge may help someone else.
1. It may be easier to get a guide so you can tick off where you are or make sure to book mark where you are. This comes in pretty handy if you waver and miss several weeks or months. You will know where you left off. Note, I may miss months in the reading through challenge but I do read my Bible everyday in my devotion time even if it is just one verse. (I can thank my mother for that habit)
2. Do not get frustrated if you aren’t remembering what you read the day before. I can’t remember all the good meals I gave my children but their growth and good health testify to the fact that they were well fed. You will be pleasantly surprised when life hands you a question mark and the answer rises up within you from a passage you read and didn’t think you absorbed. Anyway, it is good to maintain daily devotions for spiritual growth besides the general reading through.
3. Say a quick prayer for wisdom and a listening ear every time you stop to read. Even though most days I would be just reading to accomplish my goal, I never knew when God would take the most out there chapter and turn it into an answer to a hidden question or a gentle warning about a bad attitude or habit I had been cultivating :look:, or give understanding to some aspect in my everyday life. The bible is alive :yep:
4. Be encouraged if someone near you joins the challenge with you but watch out for the competitive spirit. It will trip you up. (I won’t elaborate, you can just guess how I know that :blush:)
5. If you don’t finish in a year just continue into the next or start again the New Year. We have an enemy who would love to discourage us, but never forget that the race is not for the swift. Just find you own pace and assure yourself that the most important thing is reading the Bible. If you do finish celebrate.
6. Enjoy the support of others on this board. It’s a blessing.

I’m sure others could give more helpful tips. I’m personally elated that other sisters are doing this and I pray that we all finish. Off to read I go.

Thank you for these tips MSee. They are all great and I'm thankful also to have a group of sisters dedicated to reading the scripture daily and to encourage one another.

lacreolegurl

I'd like to join this as well. I jump around alot, but would love to encourage and be encouraged by other sisters in Christ.
If any of you have and iPhone or itouch, I was able to download the Bible onto it and now am able to read ANYWHERE!!! (the Bible app I downloaded allows you to take notes, highlight and bookmark and it was free - by Mantis).
Blessings to you all!!

varaneka

I read according to InTouch and other devotionals' assigned verses, but I'd love to finish the Bible. I've been a believer since my family first taught me about Jesus, so I know I should've BEEN read the whole thing by now.

ILYandY

I'm on board too, I am also making notes to study daily.

Ladies please post back when you are finished reading your book of faith with your commentary of knowledge.

Netta1

I am still here...I am still in Deut..I will read some more tonight

PRESSING FORWARD, lol.

How about you???

CinnaMocha

I am glad I came across this thread, I am awaiting a guide that takes one through the bible in a year, so I would definitely like to be on board...

kayte

I made a commitment as part of my 2009 spiritual resolution in January to do this and I fell down some days... but ever since like ...day 80..

I have been steadily every day reading my emailed
page..of Through The Bible In A Year..

which comes from CBN every day..I read whether I feel like it or not

I am up to Day 222! so I'll trek along with you-all

Here's the web...

www.‏CBN.com

bliss......

MSee

I had restarted at Deut and Mark. Finnished Mark, enjoying Deut. Fascinated at how many times God's people were told to rejoice.

I got my plan from http://www.ewordtoday.com/year/ It gives you options so you can decide like when you want to start, what version of the Bible etc. Basically your plan is somewhat tailor made for you.

I'm really thankful just knowing there's support. Being on this challenge makes me feel more accountable to get my readings done.

Ramya

My friends and I are in a challenge now. We are doing it in 52 weeks because most of us are students and well we barely have time to breathe. We're in week 2 right now. :yep:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Is this like a year-long challenge? We read scripture in every service, both testaments so it's completed at year's end. I need to actually READ them while there lol. It's a good reminder...not to be late...and not to listen..but to read along with the liturgy. I'm up for it.

MSee

I'm still on board but I fell off a bit. I was facing certain issues that had me parked in the Psalms and other relevant scriptures for a while.

I am a big time King James Version reader, even proved to my husband the missing stuff in the NIV, but you know what, I've come to accept that if the power of God can move a sinner to salvation by the writings of modern day Christian books, then it can move through another version of scripture. I know people who reading the KJV was like a veil to them but on hearing the same passage from the NIV or other versions, they understood, changed course and received blessings. So after vehemently being a defender of KJV God humbled me in accepting the fact that He speaks in whatever version He chooses, who am I to judge.

Child0fGod

I am a big time King James Version reader, even proved to my husband the missing stuff in the NIV, but you know what, I've come to accept that if the power of God can move a sinner to salvation by the writings of modern day Christian books, then it can move through another version of scripture. I know people who reading the KJV was like a veil to them but on hearing the same passage from the NIV or other versions, they understood, changed course and received blessings. So after vehemently being a defender of KJV God humbled me in accepting the fact that He speaks in whatever version He chooses, who am I to judge.

there's always one.
it's just knowledge that if you're now aware of it, you will be held accountable.

and for the mature in Christ, it will not be hard for them to put down the NIV and pick up and KJV because God will give those who are willing, the ability to understand it.