Really need help, its really dry

kizzylonghair

Ladies,

I am getting frustrated with my hair right now, I am 9 weeks post and hair esp the ends is not retaining moisture. Its so dry even after I wash, deep con, rollerset and now because of all the roots flat iron. Its still DRY%^%.

I have been using a Frizz ease serum, that flattens the hair and does appear less poofy.

The only way i really get it moitsurised is when I saturate it with moisturisers and oils, Cause it to look like a Gerry Curl. Not a look I am after:grin:

ITS NOT BREAKING, Thank the lord. But I aint go like this really want to stretch to twelve weeks, but with all the extra heat I have use, I am thinking if its really worth it. I wonder if I am doing more harm than good.
Maybe its time to switch relaxers?, I use Affirm Fibreguard

Any help would be appreciated

Tene

It could be the relaxer, I know I've heard some people say affirm made their hair dry.

bajanplums1

One probelem I have when I stretch is that the new growth takes all the product and somehow makes the relaxed hair dryer and more frequently (every couple days after wash my hai was parched!) While stretching, I would wash and deep condition with only a moisturizing conditioner (paul mtich super charged) every 3 days and I would not use any heat on the hair

Also apply conditioner like humectress or elucence on the ends while hair is wet/damp. apply oil once hair is dry.

kizzylonghair

Tene said:
It could be the relaxer, I know I've heard some people say affirm made their hair dry.

Thanks Tene,

I am really looking into changing my relaxer, I need to do some research before I do.

I may try the phyto everyone raving about, any sugesstions.
I have naturally fine 4b hair and a scalp that cant take relaxers for long.

kizzylonghair

bajanplums1 said:
One probelem I have when I stretch is that the new growth takes all the product and somehow makes the relaxed hair dryer and more frequently (every couple days after wash my hai was parched!) While stretching, I would wash and deep condition with only a moisturizing conditioner (paul mtich super charged) every 3 days and I would not use any heat on the hair

Also apply conditioner like humectress or elucence on the ends while hair is wet/damp. apply oil once hair is dry.

Your are right, I have been trying to go once a week, but my hair is saying NO WAY!!. it doesnt help thats its 30 degrees right now and humid.
Maybe I do need to up my washing.

I just cant do the no heat, I have about 2 inches of new growth so I really need to tame it, or it just results to more breakage. i wish i could lay off the heat but its the only way I look half decent:grin:

OneInAMillion

Hi Kizzy,

Affirm was very drying for me as well. What types of conditioners are you using when you deep condition? Are you sure they are moisturizing? Have you clarified? This is the usual list I run down when I have dry hair.

kizzylonghair

OneInAMillion said:
Hi Kizzy,

Affirm was very drying for me as well. What types of conditioners are you using when you deep condition? Are you sure they are moisturizing? Have you clarified? This is the usual list I run down when I have dry hair.

I am using Nexxus, mixed with some oils.
I clarified yest and i did notice an improvement

I am really starting to think Affirm may be the course, so many pep saying the same thing

kizzylonghair

destiny616 said:
maybe the serum is blocking moisture

Your right it could be, but I really cant stop using it, its the only thing making my hair dry and straight and as smooth as possible

klassykutie

Dunno if this will help, but I have the same prob. I use dom. conditioners and a leave in conditioner. This leaves my hair very nice and soft

sareca

destiny616 said:
maybe the serum is blocking moisture

Yep, they usually contain silicone which can build up over time. I'd clarify and use whatever creamy moisturizer I had in my cabinet. It might start working again after you've removed any possible buildup.

kizzylonghair

klassykutie said:
Dunno if this will help, but I have the same prob. I use dom. conditioners and a leave in conditioner. This leaves my hair very nice and soft

I have some that I use for special occasions:grin: :grin: :grin:
Its the bomb, but I know it will be hard to get again, so I only use a little