Rededicated to Christ but Discouraged

cheri_flava74

Hello ladies. I have recently rededicated myself to Christ. I have been going through alot of things with my ex husband and other problems. I was stressing myself and worrying until I was making myself sick because I was trying to handle things on my own. Well God won the battle ( and I say that because I believe that He continue to teach me that I have to trust, believe, and depend on Him) and I submitted myself to him. I knew that the peace I had before when I focused on Him and was obedient but I am still struggling with trusting Him no matter what the circumstances. The circumstance is this-----

I have been going through a divorce, custody, childsupport battle with my ex since 2004. Well he doesn't want to pay childsupport. He has been working 2 jobs since we separated in 2004 until 3 weeks ago when he found out that he was going to be ordered to pay 919 in childsupport for our 2 children. Well the we went to court yesterday and he quit his full time job as an office manager making 18 dollar an hours/4o hr a week. He told the court that he quit the job to go to school full time and work part time at the second job he was holding where he makes 11.74 per hour and work 25 hours a week. This income brings put him within the poverty guideline. I am so hurt because I have went through so much of him hurting me and it seems to never end. When I was in the military he was constantly calling my commander telling them that I need to be paying him 100dollars a month so eventually I got out because he continued to harass me. He tried to take the kids, he tried to say they wasn't his, he wouldn't give the courts his financial statements, and he haven't given me childsupport on a regular basis. I just feel like it has been so unfair and I am trying to believe God and trust that He will work things out but it is hard when I have 4 children and no help.

Can you all pray for me and give me some scriptures to meditate on?

Denim And Leather

cheri_flava74 said:
Hello ladies. I have recently rededicated myself to Christ. I have been going through alot of things with my ex husband and other problems. I was stressing myself and worrying until I was making myself sick because I was trying to handle things on my own. Well God won the battle ( and I say that because I believe that He continue to teach me that I have to trust, believe, and depend on Him) and I submitted myself to him. I knew that the peace I had before when I focused on Him and was obedient but I am still struggling with trusting Him no matter what the circumstances. The circumstance is this-----

I have been going through a divorce, custody, childsupport battle with my ex since 2004. Well he doesn't want to pay childsupport. He has been working 2 jobs since we separated in 2004 until 3 weeks ago when he found out that he was going to be ordered to pay 919 in childsupport for our 2 children. Well the we went to court yesterday and he quit his full time job as an office manager making 18 dollar an hours/4o hr a week. He told the court that he quit the job to go to school full time and work part time at the second job he was holding where he makes 11.74 per hour and work 25 hours a week. This income brings put him within the poverty guideline. I am so hurt because I have went through so much of him hurting me and it seems to never end. When I was in the military he was constantly calling my commander telling them that I need to be paying him 100dollars a month so eventually I got out because he continued to harass me. He tried to take the kids, he tried to say they wasn't his, he wouldn't give the courts his financial statements, and he haven't given me childsupport on a regular basis. I just feel like it has been so unfair and I am trying to believe God and trust that He will work things out but it is hard when I have 4 children and no help.

Can you all pray for me and give me some scriptures to meditate on?

First off, congratulations for giving your heart to Christ! :) I'm sorry to hear that your ex husband is being such a jerk! :mad: Please stand strong, you are not alone!

Jesus said in Matthew 6:26-34, "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

God is in complete control of your situation. One of my favorite scriptures that comforts me is Romans 8:28:

"And we all know that God works things out for good, to those who love Him, and are called according to His purpose."

When I think of this scripture, it reminds me that no matter how bad things may go in my life, I know that God will work the mess out out for my good and His glory. He's not going to let you go through this without giving you the faith and strength to get through it.

May God comfort your heart and fill it with His peace. And of course, I'll be praying for you! :)

(((Hugs)))

achangedlife

I was trying to find a scripture that I've heard my pastor repeat several times which says something to the effect that God promised us that our seeds shall not be found begging. Meaning that he will take care of our children. Even though I can't find the exact scripture I can guarantee you that the good Lord will provide one way or the other for you and those children. He's your children's father and he never lets his children down even when our earthly fathers have forsaken us. He says it in his word and He exalts his word above his name. He will do what he says he will do, let every man be a liar and God be true. Do all you know to do and then just stand. Stand on his promises and on his word and don't waver in your faith.

dreamer26

I have been young and now I am old; but I have never seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. (Psalm 37:25)

Anytime you rededicate your life to Christ the devil is mad and he sends and attack to try to get you to doubt God. Well you need to tell the devil what the 3 Hebrew boys told the King when he throw them in the fire. "Oh King my God will deliver me and if he doesn't he is well able.

You must let the devil know that you serve a well able God and even if things get to rock bottom I'm hanging in here with God until he delievers me.

God knows the very hairs you have on your head, he knows how much you can bare, he knows your thoughts, he knows your heart. Keep your hands in the hands of the one who knows all, can do all, and cause your enemy to be at peace with you.

Keep serving God and keep the bitterness and hate out of your heart and your ex better watch out because he just might get two or three jobs and give you each check and he won't even know why he's doing, but God's favor will cause things that the enemy mean for evil to work out for your good. God might cause him to pay for your school. Don't underestimate what and who God will use to bless you.

Keep your eyes on God, not your ex, or even the situation but God.

And when you shall come forth out of this situation oh what a testimony you are going to have. Be encouraged it's only a test.;)

cheri_flava74

Thank you so much for your encouragement. I do need to keep my focus on God. My other circumstance is that before I rededicated myself to God I had a bf and I am struggling with maintain this relationship or letting it go. I told him that I rededicated myself and he is fine with that but wants us to continue with our relationship which includes sex. I don't know what to do. I don't feel right pushing him away. I don't want to hurt him because he has been great to me even before we became more serious. I am confused because I want to serve the Lord and please Him.

cheeks23

Be encouraged!! The Lord sees and hears. Continue to pray, cry, shout, and even sing praises to Him. He loves you and He knows best. Here are a few scriptures

1.) Psalms 55: 22: Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you;he will never let the righteous fall.

2.) Psalms 121: I lift up my eyes to the hills where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip he who watches over you will not slumber indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you the LORD is your shade at your right hand;the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm he will watch over your life;the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

3.) Proverbs 3: 5, 6: Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight.

GOD BLESS!!!!!!

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
"The 'former' desolations are going to be raised in your life. Everything that the enemy has torn down in your life, God is going to not only restore, but He is also going to renew. Every heartache, every disappointment, every care, every fear and concern, God has already settled to be at peace with you.

For all of your 'shame', God is going to give you double blessings...He's givng you beauty for ashes. You shall no longer be reproached.

Isaiah 61...pph.

As for the man who has been so kind and loving, God wants to love him just as he loves you. For the Lord God stands at the door of his heart...gently knocking, "May I please come in and love your too?"

Pray him in, sweet one. Pray him in. No preaching or teaching; let God do ther reaching. That's all you have to do is pray him in. Let go of the fear of hurting or losing him. Instead, just pray him in. Let God rule and do the rest...Pray him in. God started with you, now He wants him. Pray him in.

Love, Shimmie...:)

fivefoursweetie

I can relate to somewhat of what you are going through. I do not get the necessary amount of money that my son needs to have to live off of from my son's father. At one point my son's father said that he would give more because he realized that the amount that he was giving was not enough, however he only followed through with that for 2 weeks. I was really disappointed, and didn't know what to do, and after talking to my mother, she brought to my remeberence that my source was NOT my son's father, yet my source was GOD!! I was looking for it to be worked out in one way, and God wanted me to see that He is bigger than our situation, and that he is not boxed into a sitauation, but God can do anything!!! As soon as I took my eyes off of my son's father and what he wasn't doing, God worked the situation out in a supernatural way!!! Remeber that God does things so that He can get the glory!! Trust in Him that He is a God that cares for you and your children!!! You are all of deep importance to Him. So be encouraged and know that He is God!!!

Denim And Leather

fivefoursweetie said:
I can relate to somewhat of what you are going through. I do not get the necessary amount of money that my son needs to have to live off of from my son's father. At one point my son's father said that he would give more because he realized that the amount that he was giving was not enough, however he only followed through with that for 2 weeks. I was really disappointed, and didn't know what to do, and after talking to my mother, she brought to my remeberence that my source was NOT my son's father, yet my source was GOD!! I was looking for it to be worked out in one way, and God wanted me to see that He is bigger than our situation, and that he is not boxed into a sitauation, but God can do anything!!! As soon as I took my eyes off of my son's father and what he wasn't doing, God worked the situation out in a supernatural way!!! Remeber that God does things so that He can get the glory!! Trust in Him that He is a God that cares for you and your children!!! You are all of deep importance to Him. So be encouraged and know that He is God!!!

Right on and Amen! I needed to see that myself! :) :clap: :yep:

sithembile

I have prayed for you that the Lord strengthens you, provides for you, gives you wisdom and guidance, and most of all, that He sustains your faith and gives you rest. Pray and meditate on his word - read Psalms 23, 27 and 91. Please know that God is closest to us in the time of trouble, he prepares a table before us in the presence of our enemies, he is with us in the storms and in the fire, and he will bring you through. Trust him, he loves you and will never put more on you that you can bear. You will get through, hold on to is righteous right hand.

metamorfhosis

Dear cheri flava74:

We all know that GOD frowns upon premarital sex. So you do have a choice to make. I made a decision to remain celibant and have for almost 10 years. It hasn't been easy but I know I'm pleasing GOD. :grin:

I found some scriptures about sex for you. Here it is..........

Question: "What does the Bible say about sex before marriage / premarital sex?"

Answer: Along with all other kinds of sexual immorality, sex before marriage / premarital sex is repeatedly condemned in Scripture (Acts 15:20; Romans 1:29; 1 Corinthians 5:1; 6:13,18; 7:2; 10:8; 2 Corinthians 12:21; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 5:3; Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Jude 7). The Bible promotes abstinence before marriage. Sex before marriage is just as wrong as adultery and other forms of sexual immorality, because they all involve having sex with someone you are not married to. Sex between a husband and his wife is the only form of sexual relations that God approves of (Hebrews 13:4).