Redken and FHI Hot Sauce gave my hair a silky swang

A.Marie

Just some background before I go into the present details. Last summer, I got my hair colored and it ended up causing some damage. :sad: My hair became very dry and the color caused breakage in some areas. Since then, I have had a difficult time finding the right product(s) to keep my hair moisturized and healthy. Products that used to work and deliver great results no longer work. I have also started going to a new stylist who is showing an interest in treating my hair and getting it back to a healthier state. So far she is really good! :yep:

About a week and a half ago, I got a relaxer and she clipped about 1 inch or more off. Last week, I bought some FHI Hot Sauce, applied it to my hair, and was pleased with the sheen and moisture. I went to Ulta and bought the small sizes of Redken products just in case the products failed. I even kept the receipt. Tonight, I shampooed and deep conditioned my hair and applied the conditioners and put a cap on my head while I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes. :yep:

Here's what I used:
  • Redken All Soft Shampoo
  • Redken All Soft Conditioner
  • Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat
  • FHI Hot Sauce

In my opinion, my results from these products are FABULOUS and I will continue using them. My hair is so silky, smooth, and I had to pin it just to wrap it. I also put a dab of some CHI oil on my hair to get rid of flyaways. Then again, I love the smell of CHI oil. :lick:

Last edited:

kyla

So pretty...Thanks.

Just some background before I go into the present details. Last summer, I got my hair colored and it ended up causing some damage. :sad: My hair became very dry and the color caused breakage in some areas. Since then, I have had a difficult time finding the right product(s) to keep my hair moisturized and healthy. Products that used to work and deliver great results no longer work. I have also started going to a new stylist who is showing an interest in treating my hair and getting it back to a healthier state. So far she is really good! :yep:

About a week and a half ago, I got a relaxer and she clipped about 1 inch or more off. Last week, I bought some FHI Hot Sauce, applied it to my hair, and was pleased with the sheen and moisture. I went to Ulta and bought the small sizes of Redken products just in case the products failed. I even kept the receipt. Tonight, I shampooed and deep conditioned my hair and applied the conditioners and put a cap on my head while I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes. :yep:

Here's what I used:
  • Redken All Soft Shampoo
  • Redken All Soft Conditioner
  • Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat
  • FHI Hot Sauce

In my opinion, my results from these products are FABULOUS and I will continue using them. My hair is so silky, smooth, and I had to pin it just to wrap it. I also put a dab of some CHI oil on my hair to get rid of flyaways. Then again, I love the smell of CHI oil. :lick:

caribgirl

Very lovely! Congrats on finding the right products for your hair after your setback.

Your color looks beautiful! You mentioned that after the color you noticed a change with your hair. If you ever highlighted your hair again, what would you do differently with your regimen? I'm relaxed and would love to experiment with highlights but I'm "scurred" :confused:.

ms.blue

I like how your hair looks, it looks so healthy. Do you think that these products were work on natural hair?

A.Marie

I like how your hair looks, it looks so healthy. Do you think that these products were work on natural hair?
Thank you! Some women with natural hair spoke highly about the products on www.folica.com and www.drugstore.com . I do know that FHI Hot Sauce is a great product for naturals who want to flat iron their hair.

Very lovely! Congrats on finding the right products for your hair after your setback.
Your color looks beautiful! You mentioned that after the color you noticed a change with your hair. If you ever highlighted your hair again, what would you do differently with your regimen? I'm relaxed and would love to experiment with highlights but I'm "scurred" :confused:.

Thank you! As far as what I would change, I would get a rinse or just use some of those highlight pieces from Sally's for a new look if I was not fully comfortable about getting color. I am not saying I would never get color again but think it is like anything else, you have to find what products work for you and what type of products your hair will like. What works for some does not work for all. I have tried a lot of stuff that did not deliver stellar results. Another thing with color is that you have to be aware of your lifestyle and any medications you are taking. For instance, I am on high blood pressure medicine, so that has a lot to do with my hair as well. You also have to know if your stylist knows what she is doing when it comes to color. If she just went to a continuing ed class on a whim and wants you to be their guinea pig, then find someone who knows color and knows how to help you care for it. When my stylist was applying the color, it was not the color I picked. As the process went on, I felt that he did not really know what the outcome was going to be. I realized that he was using a new color line and I was one of his "test" clients. He never told me this but I felt this way inside.