Regimen change for fall..WHy?

amina kamal

Hi Everyone,
I am obviously new to this and am not really sure why one needs to change their hair regimens according to the seasons. I guess in fall and winter when the air is dryer and cold you would need to use heavier moisturizers??? Help me out here, how do you all change your regimen for the fall/winter?

Cichelle

During winter, cold, dry air, I no longer use glycerine. It just doesn't work well for me when the weather isn't warm/humid.

Cichelle

Well, lately I've been striving for as little product as possible. But during winter I am more inclined to use a natural butter. This winter I'll use hemp butter.

seeminglysweet

In the winter especially my hair gets really dry. So I start to wear protective styles more and use heavier moistrizers. I also take extra care when wearing wool coats, hats and scarves.

Proudpiscean

Yeah, I will also use heavier moisturizers as it gets cooler. I plan to use shea/mango & avocado butters to seal in moisture instead of kemi oyl or hot six oil.

Tee

The only difference for me is I will stop washing as much. (Just once a week) Since I air dry my hair stay wet for a few days. I dont want a wet head when it's cold out.

*I might try to rollerset.**

Jadacrys

*It's too cold outside to wet my hair as much as I do in the summer

*My hair takes forever to dry (about 8 - 10 hours)

*I use a heavier moisturizer because of indoor heat, hat and scarfs, and weather elements

*I wear more protective styles to help stretch with washing (wash once/week)

*No gel - -trying to keep as much moisture as possible

*More frequent deep conditioning

That combo with my new love of henna should really set things off this winter.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I add more heavy conditioners and moisturizers to my routine in the fall in winter. I also lay off chemical services as much as possible.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I use heavier creams in the colder months because the water-based stuff seems to evaporate then.

I tend to neglect my hair during the colder months and chopping it off before spring. So to get over that hump, I will finally see if protective will work for me.

karezone

I use more heavy moisturizing products and this year I am going to try to protect my hair as much as possible from the effects of coats, sweaters, turtlenecks, etc...

CarLiTa

It's the first day of fall, and my hair is already a little dry. Maybe it's because I only moisturized once during the week, but anyway, today it felt dry and my scalp was itching a lot too (b/c of the dryness)

i'm also in a new environment so my whole body needs to adjust :look:

I need to go to a health/natural food store fast, and get some unrefined shea butter or something, for my ends, and my whole hair.

I might have to try rollersetting. I don't know why I keep stalling with buying the soft bonnet hair dryer!

JustKiya

This is my first winter in years that I've had loose hair - I really want to get braids to put my hair in a SUPER protective state.