Regimen/Product Help SOS

tyrablu

Yesterday I embarked on my hair journey by buying some products. I went to JC Penny's cause I knew they were having a sale on hair products. I received assistance from the assistant store manager and he recommended the following products:

Nioxin # 3 shampoo-

Nioxin # 4 conditioner-

Keracare Essential oils- he said to add 2 to 3 drops of this in the conditioner and sit under the dryer for 15 minutes

Mizani H2O Nighttime Intensive Treatment- i used it last night I like the results. He also said never to use this the same day that I use the keracare oil

CHI Silk Infusion- I tried it yesterday in the store but didn't like it after a couple of hours, I gave it away. I will go back to Biosilk.

My hair is breaking and thinning so I was looking for products that can correct the current situation. He says that using these products in a consistent regimen (washing once a week)will yield results.

What do you guys think? Is this a good place to start?:confused: I think I would need to add a protein and a deep conditioning treatment to this regimen.

I would like to start this this weekend so any help, tips and suggestions are welcomed?

Thanks in advance.

TB

Hi tyrablu:wave:
I know some of the ladies here are familiar with mizani, that's suppose to be really good. Also the keracare and CHI are suppose to be good, too.
I don't know much about the shampoo and con you selected.:ohwell: I was thinking that maybe you should have asked the boards first before going out to buy. But the response would have been probably overwhelming with
try this, try that. So good luck, sorry i'm not much help.:perplexed

wheezy807 said:
Hi tyrablu:wave:
I know some of the ladies here are familiar with mizani, that's suppose to be really good. Also the keracare and CHI are suppose to be good, too.
I don't know much about the shampoo and con you selected.:ohwell: I was thinking that maybe you should have asked the boards first before going out to buy. But the response would have been probably overwhelming with
try this, try that. So good luck, sorry i'm not much help.:perplexed

Thanks for your response:) . I actually went in to buy Keracare products but he suggested nioxin which I have read about on this board. I guess I the thrill of becoming a pj ;) got in the way, I probably should have asked here first. O well.

I am also going to incorporate a multi vitamin into my regimen.

Hi, I think you may have to look at a bunch of regimens to get an idea of what you could do. In general you'd require:
Shampoo (a lot of people like Creme of Nature, I use Aveda DR & Neutrogena Clean-for clarifying once every 6 weeks or so)
Conditioner (got loads but if you get one moisture- Keracare humecto/ Nexxus humectress and one protein -Nexxus emergencee/ Aphogee reconstructive or any other reconstructive conditioner)
Deep conditioning treatments (some like ORS Replenishing Pak, Lustrasilk Shea butter is effective for me although I've been using the Aveda DR treatment)
Leave-ins (people like Giovanni direct, The Mizani treatment you mentioned has also had good reviews when used on the ends (lightly) I use bumble & bumble & afrodetangler)
Oils (for sealing)

You can check the journal section of my fotki to get an idea of my reggie and products - fotki address is in my profile.

If you do a search or check the stickies there are threads that could help:)

well----I will say (after I had to go through much trial and error!)

Keep it simple!!!!!! Just get ur basics---shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, mild protein, strong protein, daily moisturizer----and then go from there, but girl--simple is the way to go!

and yep---add a protein (a good one for your 1st wash after ur relaxer is Nexxus Emergency(strong protein)) and stay consist. with DCing(I luv Nexxus Humectres).

Here are some suggestions:
(I would also recommend doing a search on Breakage. There are a lot of excellent threads that can help you.)
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=108195 TRY THIS LINK

Shampoos
Aveda DR
Elucence Moisture Balancing
Keracare Hydrating Detangling

Conditioners
Aveda DR
Elucence Moisture Balancing
Motions Moisture Plus
Silicon Mix
White Rain Tropical Coconut
Aubrey Organics GPB