Relaxed heads: Have you ever tried to texlax but changed your mind?

taz007

Has a anyone tried to texlax but decided to remain relaxed instead?

I have about 2-3 inches of texlaxed hair and I am thinking of throwing in the towel! It just took me an hour to blow dry my hair :nono:. I swear that I look like a Darth-head with all of the new growth:

MasterReplica_DarthVaderHelmet.jpg
Hairpic2.jpg

My hair in the back truly isn't uneven just shrunken with new growth:

Hairpic.jpg

If you are texlaxed how do you maintain your hair? Any tips and tricks?

Thanks in advance!

I think it looks fine. I like it.

In my Fotki is a pic of my hair blow dried and flat ironed. I'm relaxed on the ends, texlaxed in the middle, and 9 or 10 weeks post relaxer in the pic. Its so full and bushy that it looks like a wig. But I love big hair...so I love it. I also live in sunny, Southern Cali so big, wild hair is perfectly alright here.

Guys like it too :look:

:grin:

You dont look like a Darth-head you look like you have thick full hair which is better than having thin hair IMO. How about PMing MsKibbi you two look like you have similar textures she may be able to help you out.

I have been following your fotki for a little while and I truly felt that your hair was thick enough, where you did not need to texlax. If you want your braidout to look fuller try to use less product so you hair will have more fullness.

If you want to eliminate the long drying sessions you may have to do a corrective and go a little straighter. If you dont want to do that then you can try air drying. An adjustment period is needed when you start texlaxing.

My last TU did not give me the straightness that I preferred and I did a corrective and it still was not what I wanted. I figured out where I went wrong. I have different textures from the front to the back and I have to smooth the back more. The back was still very thick, I found out about Talijah Waajid and that saved me because I was getting some breakage. I had to change the strength of my relaxer and I think now I finally have figured out how straight I want to go. I did not want to have to use a blow dryer or flat iron all the time because I feel that defeats the purpose of having a relaxer. It is big but I like big hair so I am just working with it for right now.

When I went from natural to straight last year with Mizani BB my hair was curlier than I preferred, it took a few sessions to fix it, it is now a little wavy but it stays straight with the right products and I have a lot of fullness (more the back than front).

Last edited:
I tried texlax one time and it just didn't work for me because my hair is super thick in the crown and thinner along the sides and nape. So I
decided to relax the crown first and then the sides and nape instead of the typical way of parting hair in four sections.

i think your hair looks just fine but in regards to your question, when i first started my journey in 07' i stretched for 5 months then texlaxed, i thought this was what i wanted, but as i gained length my hair started to tangle like crazy. I'm still texlaxed but not to the extreme that i was before if that makes any sense at all.

but like i said, you're hair is b e a u t i f u l!

Back