relaxed heat users

How do you straighten your hair and how often?

• blow dry and flat iron once a week

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • blow dry and flat iron twice or more a week

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • blow dry and flat iron every other week

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • air dry and flat iron once a week

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • air dry and flat iron twice or more a week

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • air dry and flat iron every other week

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • blow dry only once a week

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • blow dry only twice or more a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • blow dry only every other week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other method (please share)

Votes: 15 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tafa01

What type of protein are you using and how often?
I use Joico K pack reconstructor once a month.
Once a week I alternate between Baba de Caracol (dominican treatment) and Rusk Keratin pro. I DC also a 2nd time a week with YTC mud mask for moisture.
My hair seem to be doing great...it is not dry, and not mushy either.

Tafa01

I blowdry/flat iron 1x per week and maintain with pincurls (which I'm soo happy I learned how to do). Rollersetting :wallbash: just still takes me too long to do and I'm not wowed by the results. But the BKT has allowed me to retain my growth. My hair likes being straight as well.
I need to try that pincurl thing.
I was not happy with my rollersets results either! my ends looked raggedy and horrible. And I DON'T have split ends.

Curlybeauty

so for those that pin curl their hair after they flat iron, are you curling the ends a little bit? because trying to pin curl straight hair can be a ****!

Beaute Noire

I tried rollersetting, many times, and I really really don't like it. My hair breaks when manipulated while wet.

^Mine does too but I think that is an indication that we need more protein in our hair regimen. I pretty much do the same as you (Bdry 1x a wk and flat iron) and so far I haven't had any problems...actually I've only rollerset like once in my life.

aquajoyice

I'm the same way with magnetic rollers...all the manipulation kills my hair. But I think i'm going to try doing ponytails and rollersetting that way. You may want to give it a try and to ensure that it gets really straight and silky you can follow up with wrapping your hair in saran wrap and sitting under a dryer.