Relaxed Ladies who wear their hair out daily...

How often do you wear your relaxed hair out in a week?

• 7 days a week

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • 5 or 6 days

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • 3 or 4 days

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Less than 3 days

Votes: 37 39.4%

• Total voters

kupenda

How often?
I wear my out everyday. It's been that way since at least may of last year.
Length retention?
It's been great. It still surprises me. Although it also makes me wonder how other people who were growing their hair before me are at the same length they were two years ago...
Heat usage?
Ok...don't shoot me but, I was going to the Dominicans twice a month every month from October until maybe march or April. I never needed to bump ends cuz I wasn't concerned about them.
M/s?
I am slightly addicted to moisturizing and sealing my ends. To the point that I bought a travel size ORS olive oil lotion and a sample of proclaims Argan oil to keep in my purse. I stored them in a plastic baggy and would pull it out whenever I got bored or felt that my ends were crispy. I wanted a little more swang so sometimes I was a lil heavier with the m/s. I try to do it twice a day at the most now. To prevent being overmoisturized.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF...I'm addicted!!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I want to wear my hair out daily but I have a serious case of hairorexia right now and don't feel like my hair (at APL) is long enough to be worn out...crazy I know:ohwell:

blackberry815

i wear my hair down for about 3 days after my wash and set and after that it goes up...but lately i've been feeling like buns are putting too much strain on the mid strands.... I feel like for my fine hair i have to keep it real loose when doing updos or buns. i stopped using ponytail holders and only use pins but now im thinking that the pins also can cause strain where i pin the hair in..I might just stop wearing it in buns all together and just keep it moisturized and wear it down daily to avoid bun breakage or any tension on my scalp

Sent from my ADR6400L

LuvLiLocks

This is a great thread! I recently decided tha I will be wearing my hair out atleast 5 days a week. I think I care for my hair better when I see it. Don't know if that makes much sense, but if I'm not hiding it I can better monitor it and see if there are any issues that need correcting. I have been hiding my hair and I guess not taking care of it the way I should so somehow I ended up with some really ragged ends and just last week I cut my hair back from grazing bsb to approaching apl :nono: I ended up cutting about 3 inches at least!

OhmyKimB

...or almost daily. I would like to know a few things from the relaxed ladies who wear their hair out most of the time:

How many days a week do you wear your hair out?
How's your length retention?
How often do you use heat?
Do you moisturize and seal your ends daily?

Feel free to add any other info.

Thanks ladies!

-4-5 out of 7 days
-Very good retention I don't have too much breakage or issues outside of my pcos I went from apl to mbl last year with my hair out all the time. ( I'm bsl now, I cut my hair into one length) I only bun when I can't be bothered getting it together. I know people have different hair but in a year you can make strides....
-I used heat when I get a doobie and rarely use my flat iron
-I don't moisturize every day but I need to b/c my hair is color treated

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Since co washing regularly I find that I've been wearing my hair out a little more...so far retention has been good. I like co washing thus increased moisture and no heat make wearing your hair out easier. I still can't get over the fact that I have no interest in my blow dryer, curling iron and flat iron anymore....wonders never cease!!

Softerlove

Just thought i would update since I've posted initially months ago. I still wear my hair out daily in flexi rod set, but I'm switching it up with high buns. I' m studying for my boards at the library, so I'm trying to look the part! This was what my hair looked like daily, pics from my trip to florida two wks ago.

I blurred out my head band to protect is identity! Lol!

The bun is from today

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1314841416562.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1314841416562.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 121
  • uploadfromtaptalk1314841438780.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1314841438780.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 120
  • uploadfromtaptalk1314841455776.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1314841455776.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 125
  • uploadfromtaptalk1314841489394.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1314841489394.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 142
  • uploadfromtaptalk1314841508222.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1314841508222.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 126

Pink Pearls

I wear my hair out daily. If I'm around the house, I usually wear a bun to keep my ends protected.

I don't have a problem retaining length...I'm currently at WL.

I use heat, at least, twice a month. I try to alternate using heat one week and heat-free the next. When I don't use heat, my hair is dry and sheds more. I also use products with thermal protection.

Yes, I moisturize and seal my ends daily.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
PinkPearls

what heat protectant do you use? also when you use heat what do you do?

i am thinking of doing something similar (alternating heat and non heat weekly)because i like wearing my hair loose and straight but my hair cannot take weekly heat usage. and i cant stretch my straightened hair like i used to.

MissTripleChoc

once the day after i wash and flat iron

I would say not the best as im trying to grow it, my hair has been at the same length for a year or so because my ends split and i have to get them trimmed off

once a week

every night before bed

Pink Pearls

PinkPearls

what heat protectant do you use? also when you use heat what do you do?

i am thinking of doing something similar (alternating heat and non heat weekly)because i like wearing my hair loose and straight but my hair cannot take weekly heat usage. and i cant stretch my straightened hair like i used to.

I use Chi Silk Infusion and Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide. If I'm past 10 weeks post, I usually combine the two products. I use a leave-in with thermal protection, apply a serum to decrease the volume, air dry (I only blow dry, on cool, if my hair is still damp the next morning), apply my heat protectant, and flat iron on 300 degrees.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Last edited:

xu93texas

How many days a week do you wear your hair out? I wear my hair out 7 days per week. I'm growing out an earlength tapered bob, so I don't have much hair to work with. My favorite style is a roller set using cold wave rods. This usually lasts 3-4 days. I do this twice a week. Gosh, I can't wait until the hair on my nape fully grows in. I'm really limited with hairstyles and I don't do wigs/weaves.:nono:

How's your length retention? So far so good. I started my hhj back in February, so I'm still learning and trying different things. I managed to grow a little over 1.5 inches in the last 14 weeks since previous relaxer. :drunk:

How often do you use heat? Every 2 weeks I blow dry and flat iron my hair.

Do you moisturize and seal your ends daily? Most def. I do it morning and evening. I use Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk and Wild Growth oil. I also use wheat germ oil and castor oil twice a week.

I forgot to mention I don't let my stylist relax my hair bone straight and I get a rinse every 7 weeks.

Evolving78

i wear my hair out daily. low manipulation and using very little heat is the key for me.
i currently wear roller sets in various sizes. i prefer the curly look. i using just wear it like that, allowing the curls to fall.

LoveBeautyKisses

Quick question. Slap me ladies if yall already answered this.

When and if u moisturize and seal, do you do it and then wrap you hair at night? if no what do u do? Does m&s'ing you ends mess up the bump?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
LoveBeautyKisses said:
Quick question. Slap me ladies if yall already answered this.

When and if u moisturize and seal, do you do it and then wrap you hair at night? if no what do u do? Does m&s'ing you ends mess up the bump?
LoveBeautyKisses - I m&s and either ponytail baggy or cross wrap. I rarely traditional wrap. When I did, it didn't impact my bumped ends if that's the bump you are referring to. But then again, I usually wear my ends fairly straight without much curl pattern.

Mische

Relaxer pics in the next couple days... :yep:

@LoveBeautyKisses After I moisturize and seal I either 1) cross wrap if I'm trying to wear my hair straight--like right now 'cause I just relaxed... 2) Do two twists or braids on either side of my head or 3) Pin curls

LexaKing

~Around 2 to 3, if im not going anywhere I just leaved it wrapped up in my scarf.

~Pretty good, M&S helps SO much... I also wrap EVERY night!

~Once a week, it was twice a week before but since I've cut down to once my hair has been so much shiner and healthier. Plus I use a great heat protectant.

~Yes, sometimes twice a day depending upon how my hair feels. Normally if I wear my hair down I M&S twice that day because having your ends out and rubbing on clothes dries them out.

HighAspirations

divachyk said:
LoveBeautyKisses - I m&s and either ponytail baggy or cross wrap. I rarely traditional wrap. When I did, it didn't impact my bumped ends if that's the bump you are referring to. But then again, I usually wear my ends fairly straight without much curl pattern.

What's cross wrap?