Relaxed Ladies who wear their hair out daily...

How often do you wear your relaxed hair out in a week?

• 7 days a week

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • 5 or 6 days

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • 3 or 4 days

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Less than 3 days

Votes: 37 39.4%

• Total voters

sunnieb

Nix08 - remember this thread?

Since I finally hit BSL, I wear my hair out almost daily. I don't have any splits. I may go back to bunning soon, but I'm enjoying whipping my hurr everyday!

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
You're such a good woman @sunnieb:yep: Off to do some reading and probably take down my bun and whip it:giggle:

ETA: I posted in this thread like 4 times and didn't remember it:nono: Must be age or something....Thanks for the bump sunnieb it certainly helped to read through it again:yep: I'll be whipping that hair:giggle:

Last edited:

Evolving78

Great question. I'd like to hear responses to this. How do you get past the SL hurdle?

Hi and welcome! i am working on getting over that hurdle now. i am past SL, headed towards APL. the best way to get past SL it to protect those ends like nobody's business and moisturize your ends. dust at least once a month depending on your growth or just do a quick search and destroy for thin/split ends. the key is not so much growth, but retention.

Britt

I don't usually wear my hair out daily unless it's cut in a bob and/or freshly relaxed. I've never had any issues w/my hair from wearing it out daily. I know tons of relaxed heads w/ beautiful hair that wear their out most of the times and they have no issues with retention. My friend has thick, heavy mbl relaxed hair and wears her hair out all the darn time. It's a habit for her. She gets it washed and deep conditioned every 2 wks w/ a rollerset and maybe blow the roots. That's it.

sunnieb

Since I finally hit BSL, I wear my hair out almost daily. I don't have any splits. I may go back to bunning soon, but I'm enjoying whipping my hurr everyday!

I found a split hair this week and I'm mad. :nono:

I know, I know - finding one split hair after wearing my hair out for a year isn't the end of the world, but I'm definitely going back to bunning a few times a week. :yep:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I wore my hair out for the last 3 days. My poor ends were devastated. I think they went into shock from being used to daily wigs LOL. Just did a nice DC but I'm sorry but I gotta go back under my wigs, at least for another 2 weeks straight.

Last edited:

Mona123

I just experimented with wearing wigs and buns opposed to wearing my hair out over the past couple of months. When I went in for my next touch up, my stylist was amazed by how blunt my ends were. She had to do very little trimming. I love to wear my hair out so this was a major disappointment, but at the same time, I'm motivated to hide my hair more. So for now, I'm aiming for no more than 1x/week of having my hair out.

mshoneyfly

I still wear my hair out cuz its still relatively short in front and past SL in back. I still have layers from when I used to go to the salon so my hair styles nicely w/o much effort. I wear it like my avatar using pin curls to get the big fluffy curl that doesn't touch my neck at all.

I have been avoiding heat for a couple months now and my hair seems thicker and stronger but I have a pretty bad case of split ends. I ordered the split ender to save my length so waiting for it to come. Until then, moisturizing with AVG seals the splits so they are undetectable.

neonbright

I wrap at night and comb it down in the morning. Sometimes I wear it in a ponytail, but primary down from a wrap.

twolala

How many days a week do you wear your hair out?
2-3 out of 7 days..starting to get too hot for hair all on my neck so for right now I wear it in ponytails and buns

How's your length retention?
It's great! I see growth everytime I get it washed

How often do you use heat?
once a month when I get a blowout or deep condition

Do you moisturize and seal your ends daily?
yes..every other night before I wrap my hair and go to sleep

EmilyWilde

6-7. I put it in a ponytail when I exercise, but otherwise I let it be free lol.

Great.

Once every two weeks.

No. When I wash my hair, I mix coconut + olive oil into my conditioner and let it sit on my head for 2-3 hours. This usually keeps my hair moisturized during the time I wear heat styles. With this method I rarely have to apply moisture to my hair during the two weeks I wear my hair straight.

grow

Immediately after my perm/texlax, 7 days a week. I have decided to enjoy my hair while on this hhj:)
Once it starts to get nappy at the roots, a little less, maybe 3-5 days out, 2-4 days in a banana clip.

Great, my hair is now growing more than ever before! I have fine hair, so bunning, pinning and manipulation are no good for me. It worked when I was at the beginning and had NL hair, but as my hair has grown, it's responding better to wash and go styles. I'm currently somewhere between APL and BSB.

I don't remember the last time I used heat......maybe a year ago or more.

No way. My hair is way too fine for that and so far, I haven't found anything light enough for it.
But I find that in keeping my hair hydrated by drinking lots of water and washing/ayurveda treatments 2-3 times a week, my hair stays so soft, manageable and detangled that I really don't feel a need to m&s regularly.