relaxer day regimine

H0tPinkButtafly

I don't think there is a thread specifically for this....

So for ladies who self relax, write the step by step regimine you use to prep your hair for a relaxer and then how u relax. I also would like to know about the mid protein step I saw a few people write about. I'm going to give self relaxing another shot soon and I want to make sure I don't leave anything out.

The sticky the guide to relaxed healthy hair has a whole section on this. I always reference this when it gets time to relax

I've been self relaxing for so long
I don't use vaseline around my edges
I make sure my hair is combed out & in 4 sections
I put a little conditioner on my ends up to mid shaft
section( ya'll nasty):lol:
I start where my hair is the meanest & thickness, the crown
I splat it on there! then I start relaxing the side where the hair grows the faster my right.. starting in the nape. I use a lot of relaxer.:yep:
I go to the next side nape to crown.
I hit my (porous ) edges lol. (as white hairdresser called them) they are mean & nappy to me. :spinning:
I start moving really fast at the crown to the front.

then I go back to section 1 & start working or pulling the relaxer down the hair shaft....
the gobs of relaxer in the crown & edges has starting working.:yep: with out too much manipulation

I hope next weekend I can getaway w 1 kit....:perplexed
If I start getting low... on relaxer
I will know its going to take a little longer to relax :spinning:
The MORE RELAXER I use the less time I leave it on my hair

I first base my scalp and hair in 4 sections.
I put the Vitale Relaxer Base on my scalp and CURLS lengths Kukui Nut Elixir and Cheapy Silicone Free Conditioner on my length and vaseline directly on my ends.

I then concoct my "Texlax Mixture"

*1 cup of Relaxer: I am currently LOVING the Linange Shea Butter Texturizer
*4 Tsp of CURLS Blissful lengths Kukui Nut Elixir (It has traces of ceramide AND silk amino acids, perfect for the relaxer process IMO and it slows down the relaxing process)
*2 Tsp of any cheapy SILICONE FREE conditioner ( Silicone free is a preference its not really mandatory and the conditioner also helps slow down the relaxer process.)

At this point I will begin to set up in preparation for my T-laxing process.

I place my towel and clips at the sink for the washing process. I also place my Neutralizing Shampoo (Elucence Moisture Acidifying Shampoo) and Roux Porosity Control by the sink so that they're easily assessable.

I then prepare my "hair station" in my room.
*I set up:
My Reconstructive Treatment
My Moisturizing DC
My Leave In's
My Timer

Once my preparation and "hair station" is set up, I then apply the Texlax to the most resistant sections first and my easiest sections last.

The Order in which I apply my Texlax:
1.I do my back left section first (its the most resistant)
2.I then do my Front Right Section (2nd most resistant)
3.Then I do my back left section (not too resistant)
4.Then I do my front right section (not resistant at all)

I then allow it to process for 10 to 15 minutes (Standard waiting time for normal to resistant textures)

Once my timer goes goes off I rinse then relaxer and immediately start the neutralizing step (No I do not do a protein treatment before neutralizing, no real reason why, I just don't).

I lather at least 4 times keeping the Neutralizing shampoo in my hair at least 5 to 10 minutes per lather. That means this step takes me 20 to 40 minutes.

Once completing my neutralizing step I then apply Roux Porosity Control for Leave in on for 1 minute and then rinse.

It is then that I apply my Reconstructive treatment.

My treatment of choice is the Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor. My hair despises cones, but loves this treatment after a relaxer :lick:. I keep in on for 10 to 15 minutes with heat. I then rinse in the sink.

Once I rinse my Reconstructive treatment out, I go on to apply my Moisturizing DC.

This can vary, I have a variety of staples. I steam with my Moisturizing DC for 25 to 30 minutes and then detangle and rinse my DC in the shower (This is the only part of my regimen in which I enter the shower).

After, I apply my leave in's to sopping wet hair and Air Dry using the banding method. Once my hair is dry or mostly dry I style.

:thatsall:

Last edited:
i used Creme Of Nature Argan Oil Relaxer in regular this time. i haven't used no lye in so long. i got the results i wanted!

i didn't use the half and half method this time. i split my hair in half down the middle. i created a bunch of two strand twists (maybe 15-20) i coated each twist with Cantu leave-in.

i based my scalp with Vitale base

i applied the relaxer

once processed, i rinsed in the shower, applied Aphogee 2 min and left it in there for two mins

i rinsed and used Mizani Butter Blends hair bath? it is a neutralizing/chelating shampoo
i shampooed twice.

i rinsed and shampooed again with Suave Almond and Shea butter

i rinsed, got out the shower and applied my Mizani silk creme conditioner. i left it in for an hour. rinsed in the shower

i dried my hair, finger detangled, applied my leave-ins and continued to air dry.

i will cross wrap my hair when it is completely dry and flat iron the next day.

i used Creme Of Nature Argan Oil Relaxer in regular this time. i haven't used no lye in so long. i got the results i wanted!

i didn't use the half and half method this time. i split my hair in half down the middle. i created a bunch of two strand twists (maybe 15-20) i coated each twist with Cantu leave-in.

i based my scalp with Vitale base

i applied the relaxer

once processed, i rinsed in the shower, applied Aphogee 2 min and left it in there for two mins

i rinsed and used Mizani Butter Blends hair bath? it is a neutralizing/chelating shampoo
i shampooed twice.

i rinsed and shampooed again with Suave Almond and Shea butter

i rinsed, got out the shower and applied my Mizani silk creme conditioner. i left it in for an hour. rinsed in the shower

i dried my hair, finger detangled, applied my leave-ins and continued to air dry.

i will cross wrap my hair when it is completely dry and flat iron the next day.

@ shortdub78

I have been thinking about switching to CON argan oil. Usually my hair dresser uses CON with sunflower oil. Have u tried both? And if u did which one do u think was best??

Back