Relaxer Prep....

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

Hi ladies, there may already be a thred on this topic, but I'm fairly new and haven't mastered the search function yet. I'm 12 weeks post relaxer and I'm getting a touch up Feb/12/04. I'm washing my hair tonight, and I'd like to know what the best thing to do before a perm is. Should I clarify? Are there any preventative measures I can take so that I don't burn quickly (besides not manipulating scalp)? You tips and suggestions please.

Thanks

Armyqt

I would suggest that you do a protein treatment of some sort the last wash before the realxer. That should be around 5 days prior. Also, before you go to the hairdresser, apply some conditioner on your previously relaxed hair the night before for some added protection. If you burn easily, base your scalp at home with some vaseline. Try to avoid getting the vaseline on your newgrowth though. Once you get to the salon, whatever you do, do NOT let them put the realxer anywhere but on the newgrowth. Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome

DahomeyAhosi

I agree with basing the scalp. I use castor oil which worked magic for me last time because I was scratching like a mad woman.