Relaxing every month

classychic1908

When I was relaxed I would always relax monthly-- root to tip. Sometimes I would even get a touch up after only two weeks. I always had thick hair and wore a neck length bob for a while and grew it out just shy of APL prior to transitioning.

I also retained a lot of my curl and could wear textured styles inspite of all that relaxing.

sharifeh

Not True.

I've relaxed my hair every month for over 25 years, and i've always had HEALTHY APL to close to MBL hair with no problem. Some folks hair CAN handle it. :look:

um, what's not true? didn't I say that maybe her hair is resilient? :look:

I know that some folks can handle it which is why I said it's the exception and not the rule.

I'm not exactly sure what you're arguing with. :look:

Uber

When i was relaxed my hair was always healthy . I never remember breakage but I had a low manipulation hairstyle and never used curling irons. I used to relax every 4-6 weeks even though my stylist would tell me constantly to relax every 8. i have thin, fine hair and never any problems. i think the only reason my hair never grew beyond shoulder length is because I trimmed all the time.

with 4 weeks relaxing i used to get dandruff so I didn't do it all the time

sylver2

well it seems like almost everyone who relaxed monthly didn't have hair past shoulder length:look:. i know you all said because u kept trimming...but still...
i also relaxed my hair every month like clockwork. and ..my hair was shoulder length too. it seemed fine but it was thin like. i'll never do that again.