Relaxing helps with retaining length

Does Relaxing your hair help with retaining your length?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

loulou82

I'm aware that 4 types grow out and not down but when stretched or pulled it can display incredible length.

Type 4 WL Naturals: Que, Sera25, AFashionSlave, HisDaughter, Ajo, SamJones (MBL+), CenteredGirl (MBL+), VelvetHalo.

Others making strides to BSL and longer: Lauren, Oooop, MissCocoFace, GabbanaGirl, RusticBeauy on YT is MBL, BeautifulBrownBabyDoll on YT is BSL.

Like I stated before, there are many new naturals that I look forward to seeing their progress. How many WL AA's do you see IRL or on hair boards period? Every day LHCF member's are busting myths and reaching incredible lengths and that's regardless of hair type.

I suggest you do a Fotki search, there are great examples there who may not be a member of LHCF.

Last edited:

Hairsofab

:nono::nono: There are some folks on here that have very long 4bz hair.

They don't post very often...But that does not mean they are not here.

I'm aware that 4 types grow out and not down but when stretched or pulled it can display incredible length.

Type 4 WL Naturals: Que, Sera25, AFashionSlave, HisDaughter, Ajo, SamJones (MBL+), CenteredGirl (MBL+), VelvetHalo.

Others making strides to BSL and longer: Lauren, Oooop, MissCocoFace, GabbanaGirl, RusticBeauy on YT is MBL, BeautifulBrownBabyDoll on YT is BSL.

Like I stated before, there are many new naturals that I look forward to seeing their progress. How many WL AA's do you see IRL or on hair boards period? Every day LHCF member's are busting myths and reaching incredible lengths and that's regardless of hair type.

I suggest you do a Fotki search, there are great examples there who may not be a member of LHCF.

I'm speaking about waistlength. If they are here then I haven't seen them. I did look through all those fotkis that were in another thread but didn't see any waistlength folks with my hair type. There was a lady who runs the hairobics site who is waist length who has similar texture hair to mine.

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm truly curious. I've never seen anyone with my texture hair have super long hair. The longest I've seen with my type of hair is Mdwedzi. I would love to have her length.

Last edited:

vkb247

eta:que has wl hair

after revisiting the wl regimes thread i definitely see more naturally ladies and i believe the lhcf general poll shows more naturals than relaxed heads on the board in general

Last edited:

loulou82

Bosinse. I named some LHCF WL ladies fitting the description you inquired about. Most have Fotki's too. Ajo and Sera may not be members but they have very informative Fotkis. Sent you a PM.

Last edited:

kelkel

Thanks ladies for all the help and suggestions..... I didn't want to make this a debate about natural vs. relax.... it was intended to get everyone's experience with retaining length with natural or relaxing being apart of their regimen.

with that being said I am not going to relax but will try to keep my hair straighten more often... my natural hair requires too much upkeep and how my hair coils and curls at the ends (even when cornrolled) creating single strand knots..... its becoming too much to handle as well as counter productive.

so I am going to trim my ends and straighten my hair once a week by blowdrying making sure on wash days to do a pre poo and deep condition. hopefully this will help with those knots .... Thanks again for the help