Relaxing with lye and coloring with a rinse on the same day

Ladylynn

At what point do I apply a black rinse to my hair after relaxing. I'm using ORS lye normal.

These are the steps I will take.

1. Base scalp
2. Relax hair, rinse
3. Apply Affirm 5 in 1, rinse
4. Apply neutralizing shampoo
5. Condition with ORS replenishing conditioner

Thanks

Missi

i'm suprised no one responded: well I heard u can't relax and color on the same day but hairdressers do it: um there is a color relax system by Profectiv: that after u relax: the neutrolizing shampoo & color rinse is the same thing: and thats wat the hairdresser people do to: so if it can be applied to wet hair than do it after u rinse out all of ur relaxer if not: i suggest u dye ur hair first and in a week: relax: i don't advise u relax than color cuz this may be more damaging: in all aspects of dying: to be safe: have u looked into Henna?

HERicane10

Actually a semi or demi permanent color (no ammonia, no peroxide) e.g. Adore, Jazzing, Sebastian Colorshine, Texture & Tones Beautiful Collection, just after you rinse and neutralize. You actually get a deeper color as the culticle is most open during the relaxing process. NO PERMANENT COLORS THOUGH! :)

locabouthair

4N6_Gyrl said:
i'm suprised no one responded: well I heard u can't relax and color on the same day but hairdressers do it: um there is a color relax system by Profectiv: that after u relax: the neutrolizing shampoo & color rinse is the same thing: and thats wat the hairdresser people do to: so if it can be applied to wet hair than do it after u rinse out all of ur relaxer if not: i suggest u dye ur hair first and in a week: relax: i don't advise u relax than color cuz this may be more damaging: in all aspects of dying: to be safe: have u looked into Henna?

i think it would be safe for her to do a rinse and relax on the same day. as long as its not a permanent color. im not sure when to fit the rinse in though.

Blackoutzangel05

My hair dresser used to apply the rinse after she neutralized and shampooed and conditioned my hair but right before the deep condition because I would get that done after all treatments. After the rinse,which is fine do since its not permanent, I would get a light wash condition and deep conditioner.

Puddles

On Cloud 9
Well I've always done this. I plan on putting Jazzing (in Mocha) in after my touch-up on the first.

Puddles

On Cloud 9
Ladylynn said:
At what point do I apply a black rinse to my hair after relaxing. I'm using ORS lye normal.

These are the steps I will take.

1. Base scalp
2. Relax hair, rinse
3. Apply Affirm 5 in 1, rinse
4. Apply neutralizing shampoo
Apply your black rinse now.
5. Condition with ORS replenishing conditioner

Thanks
I usually do mine after the neutralizing shampoo.

prospurr4

I agree with what the ladies have already said.:yep: I always apply my rinse right after the neutralizing process.

yoli184

My hairdresser rinses the relaxer out, applies the black rinse,then the mid protein treatment , and then neutralizes. I repeated the same steps when I self relaxed and my hair came out AMAZING:waytogo:! The second time I self relaxed, I rinsed the relaxer out and followed with the mid protein treatment,neutralized and THEN applied the black rinse. I must say I was VERY dissapointed:pyro:! My hair did not come out the same way at all. It was not as flowy,shiny, bouncy,and silky as usual. I was in shock. And I used the same exact relaxer and rinse. Pics speak louder than words!