Should I deep condition then apply black rinse or the other way around?

FemmeFatale

Hi ladies, I'm about to add a rinse to my hair but I also need to deep condition with ORS replenishing conditioner. Should I apply my rinse after I shampoo or after I deep condition (directions say to apply it to towel dried, shampooed hair)?

cmbodley

I preferred to do the rinse first & then DC b/c my hair felt like it wasn't soft enough, I did not have a problem with color fading b/c I rinse in the coolest water I can stand.

sqzbly1908

I preferred to do the rinse first & then DC b/c my hair felt like it wasn't soft enough, I did not have a problem with color fading b/c I rinse in the coolest water I can stand.

ITA....you put in the color then deep condition afterwards. If you do it vice versa - you will risk the color not taking as the your strands are coated with the conditioner. Also since the majority of the rinses/semi permanent colors are drying, you would need to dc to prevent breakage from trying to detangle. The instructions on the rinses usually indicate to either dc following rinsing out or shampooing/dc'ing afterwards....

Lady S

I'd do the rinse first. I think conditioning when keep the rinse from absorbing properly. And with home kits they always have you do the color first and then condition.

fluffylocks

I would do the color, then the deepconditon.

Colors make my hair feel dry.

Plus with me anyway and black rinses, after 20-30 min the color is in my hair good, and I have to rinse along time for the water to run clear, so that my hair wont stain things, so when im rinsing the color out, my goal is to just get the excess, but not have the water running clear, then Ill deepconditon it, and rinse everything out the final ime-so when its deepconditoning I think there is still alittle color in there.

godsflowerrr

I always rinse first then dc. I have no problem with the color rinsing out. The rinse can be a bit drying so you should dc after to replenish the moisture in the hair.