Request - Short Natural Hair Styles

KurlyNinja

After I BC'd on March 25th, all I've really had time for were WnGs and for the first time today a puff. I want more styles though, but dont really know what to do since I only have about 6 inches of hair. So could you all please post youtube vids, pictures, and tutorials of short natural hair styles (about 6-10 inches). :grin:

And yes I will keep bumping this until people post :look: because I know you have hairstyles to share and are hiding them from me! :fistshake: :lol:

KurlyNinja

Since nobody is posting I started looking for some...

Will be back with more...

Roux

those are cute Miyouki but most of them have hair MUCH longer than what I would consider short so doing most of them may be difficult.

KurlyNinja

those are cute Miyouki but most of them have hair MUCH longer than what I would consider short so doing most of them may be difficult.

I think you could pull off most of these styles with 6-10 inches of hair. I always figured 6-10 inches was about shoulder length to right about APL. Especially on stretched or blown out hair. :yep:

faithVA

I think you could pull off most of these styles with 6-10 inches of hair. I always figured 6-10 inches was about shoulder length to right about APL. Especially on stretched or blown out hair. :yep:

You can do some version of all of those with 6 to 8 inches of hair, depending on the tightness of your curl pattern. My hair is about 7 to 8 inches and I'm NL if that helps any.

My hair is long enough to do all of those but my skill level and my patient quotient are lacking :lol:

I am hoping an extra 2 inches will help with my patience.

KurlyNinja

You can do some version of all of those with 6 to 8 inches of hair, depending on the tightness of your curl pattern. My hair is about 7 to 8 inches and I'm NL if that helps any.

My hair is long enough to do all of those but my skill level and my patient quotient are lacking :lol:

I am hoping an extra 2 inches will help with my patience.

Hm... maybe I'm over estimating everybody's length, but I can only go by mine. And I know I have about 6 inches and I'm already SL. :spinning: But I guess that what makes everybodys hair so unique and beautiful.

faithVA

Hm... maybe I'm over estimating everybody's length, but I can only go by mine. And I know I have about 6 inches and I'm already SL. :spinning: But I guess that what makes everybodys hair so unique and beautiful.

Its so frustrating <trying to smile>. I have 7 inches and still have 2 more to go to be SL. Life is so unfair ...:violin::lol::look::sad: ...

I just say I'm in the big head or long neck club.

But if 6" puts you at SL then you should be able to do all of those. And you can probably bun as well which should give you additional options.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Poohbear

uh... thanks for these... :look: but I was really hoping that people would post specific tuts that they had used before and liked. but thanks

Miryoku - why are you complaining? You said this in your initial post:

So could you all please post youtube vids, pictures, and tutorials of short natural hair styles (about 6-10 inches).

The first link is pictures.

The second link is videos. Some of those videos will have tutorials.

Back when my hair was short, I didn't know about youtube and wasn't able to try any tutorials.

What more do you want? :ohwell::perplexed

KurlyNinja

@Poohbear not complaining. Its just that I was hoping to make this thread more of a gallery full of pictures and tutorials... I think most people are capable of searching google for short natural hair styles. Thats what I did originally, but I also was hoping that the LHCF community would know specific hairstyles they had tried when they were in the awkward stage of growing their hair out. I was hoping the LHCF community would be helpful and post tuts with pics they had used... thats all :perplexed But if I'm asking too much, I guess I just wont ask again and just search google.

NikkiQ

^^^You did come across as a little snippy with her contribution so I understand what she's saying. Your OP says pics, videos and tutorials and that's what she posted. You're sending mixed messages.

KurlyNinja

^^^You did come across as a little snippy with her contribution so I understand what she's saying. Your OP says pics, videos and tutorials and that's what she posted. You're sending mixed messages.

NikkiQ
She didnt post pics though. She posted google links... and youtube searches... And sorry if I came across a little snippy, but it does get a little frustrating when all you want it some help and people just direct your toward the search bar... :ohwell: Also when you see people who post who have BSL hair and longer and get an answer immediately but if your NL nobody will answer you or just tell you to search. I dont really feel the community part of this hair "community" sometimes and gets frustrating when all I'm trying to do is grow out my hair like the next person. Only one person actually even posted pictures and tried to help and that was after I had to post pictures myself. I was only asking for a little help especially since I've never had natural hair in my adult life and my hair is at a very awkward stage. But this makes me not want to even post anymore or renew my subscription because I thought the point of paying was to part of a supportive group of women who all had a similar goal and would like to be helpful. But I'm done with this small rant. I have no hard feelings toward anybody. I actually really like Poohbears hair and she's on of my hair idols. It just kinda sucks. :perplexed

NikkiQ

Miryoku...woosah girl. There's so many newly naturals on here that will contribute or ladies that have been where we are that will help out. I can't post any YT videos since the site is blocked here on my work comp (bastards) but I'll try to find some pics for you and post them. None of them will be me b/c I can't style my hair to save my soul.

Leeda.the.Paladin

NikkiQ
She didnt post pics though. She posted google links... and youtube searches... And sorry if I came across a little snippy, but it does get a little frustrating when all you want it some help and people just direct your toward the search bar... :ohwell: Also when you see people who post who have BSL hair and longer and get an answer immediately but if your NL nobody will answer you or just tell you to search. I dont really feel the community part of this hair "community" sometimes and gets frustrating when all I'm trying to do is grow out my hair like the next person. Only one person actually even posted pictures and tried to help and that was after I had to post pictures myself. I was only asking for a little help especially since I've never had natural hair in my adult life and my hair is at a very awkward stage. But this makes me not want to even post anymore or renew my subscription because I thought the point of paying was to part of a supportive group of women who all had a similar goal and would like to be helpful. But I'm done with this small rant. I have no hard feelings toward anybody. I actually really like Poohbears hair and she's on of my hair idols. It just kinda sucks. :perplexed

I know it can be a little frustrating, but I think the reason you didn't get a lot of responses is because there have been a few threads like this before. Here is one that you might find helpful (lots of good ideas). I'll bump it too.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=356527&highlight=short+natural+styles

JJamiah

Don't get frustrated, we are all here to help. I think the post could have been read wrong as typing gets that way. We also phrase things sometimes in a way that may make another feel not appreciated.

All contributions can help someone. I think the link was awesome and showed some really nice hair styles.

Personally I am always greatful for post to my questions and thank the people who take the time to answer them.

Don't be upset with one another. It's a beautiful day out. Heads over to the thankful thread. :grin:

KurlyNinja

@Miryoku...woosah girl. There's so many newly naturals on here that will contribute or ladies that have been where we are that will help out. I can't post any YT videos since the site is blocked here on my work comp (bastards) but I'll try to find some pics for you and post them. None of them will be me b/c I can't style my hair to save my soul.

Thanks. My hair just frustrates me sometimes especially when I dont know what to do with it now. And I guess I just felt kind of side-stepped. But thank you. :yep:

I know it can be a little frustrating, but I think the reason you didn't get a lot of responses is because there have been a few threads like this before. Here is one that you might find helpful (lots of good ideas). I'll bump it too.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=356527&highlight=short+natural+styles

Thank you for this. I'll definitely look through it.