protective styles for short hair

14got

Hi ladies,

I'm not new to the group but I have just started posting. I'm trying to grow my hair, but I don't know any styles I can use. My hair is short and natural and it is getting too cold to condition-wash every day.

Any ideas,

Thank you in advance
kei

prettyblac

Girl!! comb coils hook it up! braids, bantu knots, protective is anything where you don't comb your hair every day and you leave your hair alone in other words low maintenance. Also, wear hats that will protect your hair from the weather I'm not product pushing but coach hats have a lining that won't pull out your hair out but any silk lined hat will do or a satin scarf people think I'm trying to look fly but I wear them to protect my skin and hair from the elements. Looking good and protecting my hair and skin at the same time that's a winning combination. peace

DragonPearl

Kei, I've checked your album. Your hair is short, but long enough for you to do 2-strand twists. They are a very protective style. You can leave them in for 3 or 4 days, then wear twistouts for a couple of more days before washing. Don't use comb on dry hair between washes. Your hair will grow.
By the way, check out delightfulflame's album. She wears beautiful twists on short hair.