Response from BBDhair.com

so1913

Based on email correspondence (I haven't spoken to them over the phone yet, playing phone tag), and other people's conversations with the person running things at bbdhair.com, I am inclined to believe them over BBD about the situation. That was them calling me just to thank me personally for sending business their way. Here is an excerpt from the email (edited only to make concise, no words have been changed).

"..... I did try to leave a message to all the readers (he is referring to the forum, he had heard that the situation was being discussed over here) telling them not to worry about ordering from us because everything and I do mean everything that was said from them was totally false. I wasn't able to do so. .....It makes our company look bad but we don't believe in fighting fire with fire. We really appreciate your word of mouth advertising spreading the word about us on other websites. I think it was me who called you from my home to personally thank you and to tell you if you need anything else just let me know and I'll take care of you. We do not share our customer information with anyone outside of our company. We hope that our past customers experience with us will be enough to influence our future potential customers from believing the trash talking from our compettitors. Thanks again"

He doesn't seem afraid to address the situation. I do not believe someone that was hiding something, or doing anything illegal would be so open to keep in contact with concerned customers or make these claims in writing if they were false. I just think BBD is throwing one of his p*$$ fits AGAIN....we shall see how this falls out in the end as far as how long bbdhair.com will be offering the products.

Feel free to draw your own conclusions, but I'm going to take a chance here. I feel the products are safe to use and I will be using them.

JamericanGurl

Thanks for sharing!
Personally I think his stuff is the "real deal" and safe. I jus think "D" has seller's remorse and now what's to control what dude sells his products for...JMO!
I do believe that when this guy sells out...It's a wrap and "D" won't let him re-order:look:

Healthb4Length

Thanks for updating SO1913! I was going to call him today but you already did the job! I'm going to take a risk too and trust this guy. He was very honest and open with me as well, very professional. I agree w/Jamerican that once this guy sells out that "D" isn't going to allow him to reorder as well, I also know that my Florida contact is on Mr. "D's" $hit list...oh well!

I'm also trying to see if I can get him to offer some sort of group discount...considering he most likely won't be selling these products anymore, I figure he may want to get rid of them quick.