Results are in: Sebastian Potion 9 - AAAMAAAZING! (PICS) Warning: PJs stay OUT!

foxieroxienyc

Ok so I posted yesterday asking about this evil little bottle that keeps calling my name... Well can I tell you that I'm am having EXTREME MAJOR EXTREME KILLER EXTREME HANDS IN HAIR SYNDROME!!!

I do NOT regret spending $17 after taxes on this tube of amazingness that I dont think I'm totally believing my eyes. Guys this is the FIRST time I've ever really truely had salon "white girl type 1a" swinging straight hair that's tamed and stong yet supple at the same time. This after an AIRDRY/FLAT IRON...

So here's what I did:
1. Quick wash w/ Nexxus Therappe Poo (1 lather)
2. In shower quick DC with a shower cap and steam - saturated hair with Hello Hydration and Dangerously Straight (both HE brand)
3. Applied Potion 9 focusing on ends and then HE Break's Over leave-in for added moisture since Potion 9 is a protein treatment.

Now here's where amazing things started happening...
4. Detangled w/ wide tooth comb w/ only about 4 STRANDS of sheds.... :blush: Hell I'd been shedding like a dog in the summer with this nearly 8 wks of post NG... It was a concern for me for a while, thought I was going bald, lol.
5. Airdried my hair hanging straight under the hooded dryer on low
6. Put in a little bit of Chi Silk Infusion focusing again on ends and then flat iron on 320 degrees with my amazing Tyche 1.0 flat iron... I just bought this one recently because I have their 1.75 iron and I needed something smaller to get to the roots. I used this new higher heat setting for me than normal to be able to just do one swipe and get a straight finish.

Well the end result is that my hair is like PURE SILK... It moves when I do so incredibly lightly, the shine is incredible. I have never gotten this type of result before... I thought I was doing a good job, but uh uhn, this put the icing on the cake. The only difference in my technique was the addition of Potion 9.

It is marketed as a "wearable treatment" for the hair. It's gotten RAVE reviews on many sites, and is apparently great for protecting the hair and the ends preventing breakage and splits. I totally believe it. I was concerned about my ends a few days ago and the fact that my hair felt like it was still catching itself a bit when I ran my fingers through it. I can say that that problem has completely been eliminated!!! This is a definite staple and worth EVERY PENNY!

Kept this pic big so you can see the texture. My hair is 8 weeks post relaxer and I have a lot of NG. I honestly believe that I can safely make it to 12-14 weeks with this regimen.

Pulled the hair out a little so you can see the absolute texture of the straightened hair:

Final pic - no harsh flash

----------------
Product info:

"A Magical Idea"
An exotic trip to the Amazon rainforest inspired a hair product idea: a magical cream-gel infused with renewable and sustainable botanical extracts, but 2, 3 or even 4 were not enough. This potion needed 9 essential extracts to help restore lost moisture, revitalized damage and rejuvenate the condition of hair. The magic "9" are: jojoba seed oil, safflower seed oil, sesame seed oil, babassu oil, olive oil, evening primrose oil, rice bran oil, willow bark extract and green tea lead extract. And the magic doesn't stop there. This treatment is also wearable, making it perfect for styling hair. When potion 9, Sebastian created an original category for hair industry: wearable treatment. Even now it have never been duplicated... magic never is!

Ingredients

Water (aqua), Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis), Safflower Oil (Carthamus Tinctorius), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Panthenol, Babassu Oil (Orbignya Oleifera), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera Biennis), Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Amodimethicone, Stearalkonium Chloride, Tocopherol, PVP, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth 10, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (parfum), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citric Acid, Alcohol Denat., Butylphenol Methylpropional, D&C Orange 4 (CI 15510), Coumarin, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Amyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Alpha IsoMethyl Ionone, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Ext D&C Violet 2 (CI 60730), BHT, FD&C Red 40 (CI 16035), Asorbyl Palmitate

34 Reviews from Drugstore.com:
http://www.drugstore.com/products/p...id=11931&brand=12689&cmbProdBrandFilter=12689

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

Your hair looks so shinny and healthy!! I'm tempted to get some....I wonder how it works for naturals....

I'm glad it worked out for you !

foxieroxienyc

Thanks sooo much. :drunk:

Apparently this magic stuff in a tube is supposed to tame even the craziest of hair, lol. You can blow dry straight or you can just apply it to hair and air dry for curly looks. It's supposed to tame and eliminate frizz and for straight hair reduce fly aways... It's living up to it.

Even on my hair when it was done airdrying the FEEL of it was so shockingly different... Before I even flat ironed.

Iansan

I love this stuff. I use it for wash and gos and now based on your review I will try using it for my next roller set. It worked great when I was natural too it gave excellent curl definition.

Forever in Bloom

Sounds tempting. Any naturals currently using this?

I attempted to use this after stumbling upon it at Rite Aid...:look:

Ok, I now realize I should never buy salon products at a drug store. They tend to be old product. It even said on the box that it could only be found in salons, not drugstores...and not to purchase outside of a salon.

Do I listen? Nope :nono:

The product came out in creamy chunks. Protein gone bad?

If I do give it another try, I will buy from a reputable source :yep:

MidBackCrisis

*whistling as I add this on my list of things to do* Im a mess. I am already spending a lot of money. I have already bought Vatika and coconut oil, Qhuemet Biologics, then I have like 4 other things for my hair on its way to my happy little mailbox:grin:. I shouldnt have signed on tonight:nono:. Somebody meditate with me?:ohwell:

wheezy807

Your hair sooo healthy and vibrant!!! I always enjoy your threads and pics. Your hair just gets better with every thread.

PuffyBrown

Oh my:blush:

I totally believe you.
Your hair turned out really good and that growth is awesome.

UPDATE!

Ok so I posted yesterday asking about this evil little bottle that keeps calling my name... Well can I tell you that I'm am having EXTREME MAJOR EXTREME KILLER EXTREME HANDS IN HAIR SYNDROME!!!

I do NOT regret spending $17 after taxes on this tube of amazingness that I dont think I'm totally believing my eyes. Guys this is the FIRST time I've ever really truely had salon "white girl type 1a" swinging straight hair that's tamed and stong yet supple at the same time. This after an AIRDRY/FLAT IRON...

So here's what I did:
1. Quick wash w/ Nexxus Therappe Poo (1 lather)
2. In shower quick DC with a shower cap and steam - saturated hair with Hello Hydration and Dangerously Straight (both HE brand)
3. Applied Potion 9 focusing on ends and then HE Break's Over leave-in for added moisture since Potion 9 is a protein treatment.

Now here's where amazing things started happening...
4. Detangled w/ wide tooth comb w/ only about 4 STRANDS of sheds.... :blush: Hell I'd been shedding like a dog in the summer with this nearly 8 wks of post NG... It was a concern for me for a while, thought I was going bald, lol.
5. Airdried my hair hanging straight under the hooded dryer on low
6. Put in a little bit of Chi Silk Infusion focusing again on ends and then flat iron on 320 degrees with my amazing Tyche 1.0 flat iron... I just bought this one recently because I have their 1.75 iron and I needed something smaller to get to the roots. I used this new higher heat setting for me than normal to be able to just do one swipe and get a straight finish.

Well the end result is that my hair is like PURE SILK... It moves when I do so incredibly lightly, the shine is incredible. I have never gotten this type of result before... I thought I was doing a good job, but uh uhn, this put the icing on the cake. The only difference in my technique was the addition of Potion 9.

It is marketed as a "wearable treatment" for the hair. It's gotten RAVE reviews on many sites, and is apparently great for protecting the hair and the ends preventing breakage and splits. I totally believe it. I was concerned about my ends a few days ago and the fact that my hair felt like it was still catching itself a bit when I ran my fingers through it. I can say that that problem has completely been eliminated!!! This is a definite staple and worth EVERY PENNY!

Kept this pic big so you can see the texture. My hair is 8 weeks post relaxer and I have a lot of NG. I honestly believe that I can safely make it to 12-14 weeks with this regimen.

Pulled the hair out a little so you can see the absolute texture of the straightened hair:

Final pic - no harsh flash

----------------
Product info:

"A Magical Idea"
An exotic trip to the Amazon rainforest inspired a hair product idea: a magical cream-gel infused with renewable and sustainable botanical extracts, but 2, 3 or even 4 were not enough. This potion needed 9 essential extracts to help restore lost moisture, revitalized damage and rejuvenate the condition of hair. The magic "9" are: jojoba seed oil, safflower seed oil, sesame seed oil, babassu oil, olive oil, evening primrose oil, rice bran oil, willow bark extract and green tea lead extract. And the magic doesn't stop there. This treatment is also wearable, making it perfect for styling hair. When potion 9, Sebastian created an original category for hair industry: wearable treatment. Even now it have never been duplicated... magic never is!

Ingredients

Water (aqua), Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis), Safflower Oil (Carthamus Tinctorius), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Panthenol, Babassu Oil (Orbignya Oleifera), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera Biennis), Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Amodimethicone, Stearalkonium Chloride, Tocopherol, PVP, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth 10, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (parfum), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citric Acid, Alcohol Denat., Butylphenol Methylpropional, D&C Orange 4 (CI 15510), Coumarin, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Amyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Alpha IsoMethyl Ionone, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Ext D&C Violet 2 (CI 60730), BHT, FD&C Red 40 (CI 16035), Asorbyl Palmitate

34 Reviews from Drugstore.com:
http://www.drugstore.com/products/p...id=11931&brand=12689&cmbProdBrandFilter=12689

Last edited:

Jetblackhair

Your hair came out great. I saw this product in RiteAid today and I even picked it up and read the back. I ended up putting it back on the shelf and kept it movin'.

I was surprised to see Sebastian products in RiteAid.

Extremus

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

First you raved about Herbal Essence products and I just bought those yesterday. Loved that product, BTW. Now this! And I promised myself not to buy another hair product:perplexed DAMN U FOXIE! :lol:

*yep, so now I'm on the computer looking for prices and stores where it can be bought*

JerriBlank

I saw this in the "Little known gems" thread,bought it,and love it!!! I see it everywhere now,so i don't have to order off the net again. I even tried it diluted with water for my rollerset(dry set),and it still worked like a charm:yep:

foxieroxienyc

Thanks so much you guys for the awesome compliments. I'm walking around outside like I done lost my mind. My hair is flirting again and being a VERY bad girl... Everytime the wind blows she starts dancing... Heck the wind aint even blowing and she has THE NERVE to be flowing behind me!:lachen:

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

First you raved about Herbal Essence products and I just bought those yesterday. Loved that product, BTW. Now this! And I promised myself not to buy another hair product:perplexed DAMN U FOXIE! :lol:

*yep, so now I'm on the computer looking for prices and stores where it can be bought*

Lol, soooooorrry E! Hey listen you can use it WITH the HE products and have heavenly results! lol

JetBlackhair:
I actually bought this product at RITE AID, lol. I had actually passed by a salon and saw it in the window and was tempted to go in, but didnt went right to where I saw it. The consistency should be kinda between a liquid/gel/serum. The new product boxes are Brownish. The older product boxes are white. I actually bought the white one because I noticed that the new ingredients have alcohol denat in it. Which I'm guessing is there as a way for it to evaporate on wet hair quicker. But it's low on the list, like next to last so I'm assuming there isnt much in there. That kinda worries me because I avoid everything but the fatty alcohols like the plague. The white box does not have it listed as an ingredient.

I DEFINITELY recommend that one uses a moisturizing leave-in or moisturizer when they use this product just because it is so protein packed. The directions say to start at the ends of the hair and then up the rest of the head. This is what I did. I applied HE Break's Over leave-in on top of that application, again a small amount and concentrating on the ends. You also need A SMALL AMOUNT. So the product looks like it will last for a while (I have the 5.1 oz tube). I've heard of far too many positives about this stuff though.

Last edited:

Caramela

Put some clothes on!!! :lachen:

Your hair looks really nice! :yep: I haven't used Sebastian potion 9 in years. But I remember it being good. Very nice job. You certainly don't look like you're that far post relaxer.

sunnydaze

I have always loved this..don't know why I stopped using it..anyway you can find this everywhere..cvs, walgreens, walmart,etc..

Great results!!

bbdgirl

your hair looks really good and it is growing so steadily, looks real healthy too!!
Oh yeah and your warning "PJ's stay out" did the exact opposite, you know I was all up in this thread

Last edited:

Evazhair

Nice:yep:! I used to use this many moons ago and forgot about it. Now you have me thinking about trying it again. Should have heeded your warning.:drunk:

Cleve_gryl

Your hair looks amazing!!! I had a tube of this many years ago, and had no idea how to use it. I just may have to revisit this :perplexed