Retin A promotes hair growth?

chickle

Retin-A / Tretinoin
"Retin-A was originally used in the treatment of acne and other skin disorders. However studies have shown that Retin-A alone or in combination with minoxidil can result in moderate to good hair growth in individuals with androgenetic alopecia and alopecia areata."

Can any one supply more info about this? Has anyone tried it?

jenaccess

There is a topical treatment product called Spectral DNC, this product contains higher grades of minoxidil and also contains retinol. Last year my hair started to thin at the top and I was loseing my mind about it. A friend told me about this product and I used it for about 7 or 8 months and this product thickened my hair back up plus some. I would like to mentioned that I used this product while wearing braids and in addition to this product I used my S Curl spray and co wash 2x a week.

chickle

That is so great, for some reason, I was thinking that retinol would have the opposite effect since it is a higher concentration of vitamin A and they say Vitamin A slows hair growth.

getta

Ladies that are pregnant or breast feeding. Please CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE USING THIS. RETINODS (RETIN -A , ACCUTANE,etc ) ARE KNOWN TO CAUSE BIRTH DEFECTS.

I am a pharmacist.

Faux

Hmmm... I have more than half a tube of Retin-A left over. Stopped using because my skin cleared up. Hmmm... I'd liked to thicken up the front of my hair.