Reunited and it feels so good!!!

charmtreese

I have to retrack any of my previous negative statements I have made about GREASE! I'm not talking about natural pomades and oils, I'm talking about good old petro based GREASE. Currently Im sitting here with grease in my hair...grease that I put in my hair original saturday night which is still lingering around monday afternoon. :look:

Saturday after my hair had airdried (about 90%) I was castor oiling my roots/scalp and then I thought, I need something thicker because my NG (especially in my crown area) drinks natural oil (no matter how thick) like water. I initially was looking for my black and bossie grease (which smells fab by the way), but couldn't find it, I had diluted my natures blessing with soo much castor oil it was not thick enough, so I went for the sulfur 8. I finger parted my hair and applied it to my SCALP and NG and then messaged it in.

The next morning my hair and ng was sooo soft and moisturized, I thought it was a fluke so I didn't get too excited. So last night I didn't need any more oil on my hair, ng, or scalp so I just spritz my hair with Ojon revitalizing mist and tied it up. Well, today my hair is still really moist, and there is no need to add anymore products other then spritzing with water!!!! WHAT? I am shocked and amazed!! :drunk:

I think all grease users should unite!!! :yep::yep::yep: My name is CHARMTREESE, and I use and love GREASE!!!!

lea86111

sulfur 8??? Wow it doesn't do any type of moisturizing in my hair...funny how everyone's hair is so so so different (granted, i put loads of msm and peppermint oil in my sulfur 8)

Americka

I use Hollywood Beauty's Castor Oil and I love it! I think I'll revisit "greasing" my new growth as I get past 6 weeks post. I did this prior to joining LHCF and don't know why I stopped.

Miss_C

My mom keeps trying to get me to go back to apex pressing oil. I think I might, maybe my hair will stay moist for longer than two days...

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Sulfur 8 has a love affair with my hair. I have always used it even though it is stinky. I really can't say anything bad about grease because I have always used it and loved it in my hair.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Girl, You ain't said nothing but a Word! I *HEART* :love:Grease! Right now

I am currently using & loving:love::

Christine Gant Mixed Greens
Claudie's Temple Balm Revitalizer
Njoi Herbal Hairdressing
Black & Bossie
Mizani Nighttime Intensive Treatment

ChanelNo5

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I really think the negative talk around petroleum based products is unfounded.

Last time I went to the salon I had a conversation with a woman who was getting her hair done also. She told me she worked for Soft Sheen Carson and the original formulas for relaxers contained tons of lanolin and petroleum because they knew how harsh they were on our hair. When White people took over they removed a lot of it and that's why we see the damage we do today.

Some of the women I know with the longest hair have use very simple old school methods and that includes GREASE!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Yes! I lub me some grease on my ends. I am liking hempseed oil mixed with good ol' vaseline :lick: I agree, the key is to put it on damp, almost wet hair :yep:

ctosha

Yes! I lub me some grease on my ends. I am liking hempseed oil mixed with good ol' vaseline :lick: I agree, the key is to put it on damp, almost wet hair :yep:

That is what I do no issues for me. I use Always Indian Hemp or Always castor oil on the hair but not on the scalp. I also use natures blessing and JBCO. I LOVE GREASE!:grin:

KurlyNinja

Do you think the problem with grease is that we just didn't know how to use it right? and not because it was "bad"? And now that we know how to use it, its actually working in our favor... Just kinda curious about that...

JuiceMobsta

Do you think the problem with grease is that we just didn't know how to use it right? and not because it was "bad"? And now that we know how to use it, its actually working in our favor... Just kinda curious about that...

Yes, a former member from here uses Vasoline on her daughters freshly washed hair as a "sealant". and her hair is like ummmmm KNEE LENGTH!!!!:blush::blush::blush: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKh9B7mweU0

I think the problem is/was when ppl use the grease as if it were a moisturizer or they use it without first applying a moisturizer...:look:

I have some good ole Softee Indian Hemp and some Blue Magic Coconut oil grease sitting around here somewhere...:grinwink:

JuiceMobsta

My mom keeps trying to get me to go back to apex pressing oil. I think I might, maybe my hair will stay moist for longer than two days...

Lol girl get you some Dax pressin oil! :lachen:

http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/shopping/02CC030207KY1051.htm

SelfStyled

I use Hollywood Beauty's Castor Oil and I love it! I think I'll revisit "greasing" my new growth as I get past 6 weeks post. I did this prior to joining LHCF and don't know why I stopped.

Yes! This is my new love. I've had this for awhile collecting dust under my cabinet. I had been sealing my ends with JBCO, and they were stil dry. I mixed a little grease with the JBCO and boy even my airdried ends were soft. I feel like grease on my ends might be exactly what I need to aid in retention.

Ususally when my ends are wet they just kinda climp together, since I have been using grease to seal, when my ends were wet they curled up. When I flat ironed my hair this weekend my ends felt so nice and healthy.

Americka

Yes! This is my new love. I've had this for awhile collecting dust under my cabinet. I had been sealing my ends with JBCO, and they were stil dry. I mixed a little grease with the JBCO and boy even my airdried ends were soft. I feel like grease on my ends might be exactly what I need to aid in retention.

Ususally when my ends are wet they just kinda climp together, since I have been using grease to seal, when my ends were wet they curled up. When I flat ironed my hair this weekend my ends felt so nice and healthy.

I learned about it from a thread you posted in. So thank you for the recommendation! :yep: I loved me some grease prior to joining LHCF, so I bought it. I ditched it for awhile, but picked it back up about 6 months ago. I love it. And that jar lasts forever... :look:

darlingdiva

I have this sitting in my cabinet.

Grease on my ends cut down on ssks.

I recently began using grease on my ends in the hopes that my ssks will decrease.

I love the title of this thread. I started singing the song when I saw it. I started using grease or balm (Growth Specifics Revitalizing Hair Balm) on my scalp. I've been shedding A LOT, and I'm beginning to wonder if the shedding has anything to do with dry scalp.

lea86111

but how do you guys deal with the greasiness? Do you use it on damp naked hair or with leave in in it? I was thinking about grease a few days ago and i was pondering on how when i was younger i didn't have chronic dryness like i did before i found qb brbc...hmm makes me think...

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I use Softee Herbal MAximum Grease on my DD and DS's dampened hair and they are both natural. Br*nze Jr. is waistlength and son is mbl today...

I even use Frenchee's Supergro (one jar has last at least a year *giggles*) ~ they love the scent, it makes them sleepy, lol!!!

I haven't used it on my own hair, though. *ponders the thought*

Tif392002

i never talkd down on using hair grease, i love grease-sulfur eight and frencheess doo grow,,. worked wonders on my edges , i believe it helpd me regrow a bald spot that i had from relaxer abuse, and my hair has thickened considerably/.i use it very lightly and it does wonders.... i dont think at any point in my hair journey id have a reason for giving up the grease.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
hmmmmm....was just thinking about this today. how my hair flourished with sulfur 8 back in the day. now i am having all of these hair issues that i've never had before including breakage and dry scalp. I'm most definitely going to go back to my old faithful...i'll just have to deal with only leaving my hair out on Mondays only (b/c it will be too heavy on the other days from the grease)