Reveal after my 18 week stretch

yuriko

Ok so I joined LCHF mid August. I had just had a relaxer and was frustrated, because after a 3 month stretch, my hair was exactly the same length, I was just upset. So I started searching on the internet about ways to grow my hair, and here I am. So the first pic is after my mid August relaxer (done with my usual mizani), the second pic is after my relaxer last week, an 18 week stretch (done with Hawaiian Silky- the dominican place I went to didn't carry Mizani).

I just had to testify because I went from SL to APL in four months. During my short membership period, I
1. Bought a silk scarf because I just couldn't keep those satin scarves on through the night, and bought some satin pillowcases
2. Used absolutely no heat, didn't even rollerset or blowdry, only used heat for DCs.
3. Alternated between buns, braid outs, weaves and falls.
4. Moisturized and sealed every day
5. DCed at least once a week (except the month I was in a weave)
6. I used low mani, but made a big mistake, I should have had a detangling regimen, When I relaxed, I had so many tangles,:wallbash::wallbash:

But I am very encouraged by my progress, I plan to stretch for 5 months now. Thank you for all the help guys, I almost cried when my hair was done, I really believe now that I will make it back to BSL by next year!:grin:

ETA: i know the second pic is crooked, taking pics by yourself is difficult, I tried many times to take the pic and kept messing up, and this was the best one, lol, y'all make it look so easy.

ETA: I forgot to tell yall about how I maintained my weave. I did a four month stretch earlier this year with my hair in a weave for the last two month, and came out with dry, matted hair that was starting to dread, and when I relaxed, my hair was exactly the same lenghth, I didn't retain any lenghth. This time, I moisturized the hair underneath with Scurl spray and sealed with Soft and Beautiful Botanical oil 3 in 1 spray, and tadaa!!

Attachments

• DSC01141.JPG
    DSC01141.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC01412.JPG
    DSC01412.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

vestaluv1

Congrats on your growth... I'm very happy for you.
I had the same detangling issues when I got my hair relaxed after 10 months... :nono:. Oh Lawd!

smwrigh3

great progress very encouraging! I am 13 weeks 3 days .. I was thinking of relaxing tomorrow but i just might wait..

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Dang, girl!!!!! Good job!!! :pepper:

I know what you mean about taking pictures. It's so difficult to get the right angle when you do it by yourself!

yuriko

great progress very encouraging! I am 13 weeks 3 days .. I was thinking of relaxing tomorrow but i just might wait..

Girl, go on and wait. I was frustrated and almost relaxed 5 weeks earlier than planned. So instead I did my Aphogee 2 Min, and a super duper DC, and put my hair in a weave for four weeks. Do whatever it takes to stretch on ahead.

LovinLea

thanks for sharing! this is what i need- motivation to continue my stretch.

oh yea, and Great progress!!

yuriko

Congrats on your growth... I'm very happy for you.
I had the same detangling issues when I got my hair relaxed after 10 months... :nono:. Oh Lawd!

I dont even want to imagine the detangling issues after a 10 months stretch, because after 4 months of low mani, my hair was a tangled mess especially close to the roots in the back

I'm glad you posted this because I am at week 6.5 of a planned 20 week stretch. It gives me hope.
I am glad that I can inspire anyone since I am relatively new to the whole healthy hair thing. Can't wait to see how yours turns out
Dang, girl!!!!! Good job!!! :pepper:

I know what you mean about taking pictures. It's so difficult to get the right angle when you do it by yourself!

I know you are not talking, your pics always come out so great, JK, I just wanted to say something. I really love your hair, the color, length everything.

Thanks everyone. Its all thanks to you guys!

TLC1020

Wonderful progress :grin::grin:
I will be 12 weeks post this week and I'm not sure if I will relax this week or next week.. I am just hoping I retained all or atleast most of my growth...