REVEAL: SL TO GRAZING BSL?!

prettypithy

REVEAL: SL TO GRAZING BSL?! (PICS)

I started my HHJ in February 2011 when I cut off the last of my relaxed ends. I was SL with a goal of making APL this year. Well, I made my goal! My hair is cut in layers in a U shape so the front is only grazing APL but the back is --dare I say it--grazing BSL?! This may be the longest my hair has ever been y'all and I have you all to thank. LONG LIVE LHCF!!!!

The shorter pics are from February, the longer ones are from last night.

Attachments

• February 2011 Front.jpg
    February 2011 Front.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 301
  • December 2011 Front.jpg
    December 2011 Front.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 306
  • December 2011 Back.jpg
    December 2011 Back.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 293
  • December 2011 Bra.jpg
    December 2011 Bra.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 320
  • February 2011 Back.jpg
    February 2011 Back.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

Meemee6223

Wow, your hair is lovely! It looks so silky! Congrats on meeting your goals!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

prettypithy

U aint gettin off THAT easy. Regimen...spill it...now lol.
Miss AJ

:lol:

Generally, I wash once a week with Kinky Curly Come Clean, deep condition with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque for maybe an hour, rinse that out, apply Kinky Curly Knot Today and then twist my hair in 4 or 8 or 16 sections depending on how ambitious I am feeling. I let it dry like that. For the first few days, I may do updos with the twists. Then I take them down and do updo's with the stretched hair--mostly buns. I may use heat once a month and protein twice a month (Joico KPAK Reconstructor). In between, I sometimes co-wash with Suave Almond and Shea Butter! Hope this helps!

Avaya

Your bra is all the way at your armpits OP. Your boobs must be hitting you in your chin :lol:.

regina07

Gorgeous! Not only is your retention excellent -- you can see how healthy your hair is.

Congrats on reaching goal!

Ijanei

great progress. Very pretty hair. Loving how thick your hair looks in the siggy (2nd pic)

Miss AJ

@Miss AJ

Generally, I wash once a week with Kinky Curly Come Clean, deep condition with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque for maybe an hour, rinse that out, apply Kinky Curly Knot Today and then twist my hair in 4 or 8 or 16 sections depending on how ambitious I am feeling. I let it dry like that. For the first few days, I may do updos with the twists. Then I take them down and do updo's with the stretched hair--mostly buns. I may use heat once a month and protein twice a month (Joico KPAK Reconstructor). In between, I sometimes co-wash with Suave Almond and Shea Butter! Hope this helps!

Keeping it simple, that's pretty much what I'm doing now. Hopefully with my simple growth regimen I can hit BSL on my 3 year natural anniversary (August 15, 2012).

babyshuf2

@Miss AJ

Congrats on the hair growth! My new reggie is similar to yours...I love how simple it is while at the same time allowing your to retain so much length. You should truly be proud of yourself for the progress you have made in 2011...Think about how awesome 2012 is going to be for you and your hair...God Bless!:bdance:

Last edited:

bride91501

Way to start off the reveals! Your hair is beautiful and your retention between February and now has been remarkable. I got my eye on you girl lol!

CONGRATS!

Miss*Tress

Congratulations! You made excellent progress in just 10 months and your hair is very pretty.

ETA: Are you natural or relaxed?

Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

I just love seeing posts like these, they're so inspiring! Congratulations on your wonderful results! Your hair looks super healthy and beautiful. This is a testament to newcomers as well as veteran LHCFers, that hard work, and perserverence definitely pays off in dividends.:grin: