Rick Warren Squashes Rumors;

JaneBond007

Excuse me? Christ demanded that they repent and come to him as Lord. Walking hand in hand with anybody who does not believe the Gospel is not something a believer does, even when it seems good. That's secular humanism, not Christianity. It's apostasy at its best. The best indicator of the veracity of disciple of Christ is conformity to His character and His nature, not joining a secular humanist movement with enemies of the Gospel of Christ. Jesus didn't do that.
Luke 13:1-5 KJV
There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. [2] And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? [3] I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. [4] Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? [5] I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

^^^That's not the secular humanist jesus being preached in apostate Christianity today.

I think you believe Jesus went about with turned-up nose like something stank and a whip in case they dared not follow Him. You have presented apples where oranges were requested. If your version of christianity is looking down upon Hindus and anyone else of any other faith, then that's you. I wouldn't want to walk in your shoes, ever. Sorry. This world is horrid enough without christians condoning separatism and oppression of those who "dare not follow Jesus." Hmmm. Yes, He is the truth. Are non-christians going to hell? I dare say, "Nay." He knows the heart and has the final decision. I'll go out on another limb (not to catholics, though), you aren't saved...yet. Still in the flesh. Persevere until the very end, eh?

Hmmm, we're talking about love and stuff and my post is harsh. It's the false theology/misinterpretation that I'm attacking, not you personally. We should learn the truth and He established it 2,000 years ago.

As for Warren, he's not seeking support from the gay community, he's built a lifetime going against homosexuality and attempting to "cure" people of it. What he's actually doing is distancing himself from the corruption of the Ugandan govt. officials that invited and sustained those evangelical preachers and others for over a decade to say that he had nothing to do with the monies being exchanged for injection of ideology in that society, support of their very insane ideas about humanity and patriotism, support of the anti-gay movement and organizations of American churches to where they supported colleges, churches and officials by way of the pocketbook and any such other corruption that is going to hit the fan and very soon. :nono: He's involved in a scandal, simply so.

Last edited:

Farida

Amen FreeIndeed. Rick Warren is certainly not speaking out against the inhumane violence toward homosexuals because he cares about violence. He is doing it to gain their support. After all, if he was concerned about inhumane acts committed against humans he would speak out against all the brutal acts of violence towards the saints in other countries. Not one of these "leaders" have done that, nor have they tried to bring awareness to the people they lead about such things.

But isn't he choosing to speak against this because his name has been cited as a proponent? I have not seen his name used as a proponent of other acts of brutality so that's why he didn't address those here.

I have been to Rick Warren's church and he will come out and say something is plain wrong. During the elections he had meetings with some democrats and abortion came up and he did not mince his words. The same with gay marriage and I believe it was on CNN.

The fact is the current atmosphere is quick to label anti gay marriage as homophobic and even supporting the lines of Uganda. People know the church does not support homosexuality so there's no surprise there. I think it is important what he has done here which is confirm the stance and reiterate the love of God for all. Especially in the context of what's going on in Uganda. This was not a general conversation. He clearly stated God has told us what sexuality is and then about free will. Even Paul said all things are permissible but not all things are beneficial. I see the same here.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
But isn't he choosing to speak against this because his name has been cited as a proponent? I have not seen his name used as a proponent of other acts of brutality so that's why he didn't address those here.

I have been to Rick Warren's church and he will come out and say something is plain wrong. During the elections he had meetings with some democrats and abortion came up and he did not mince his words. The same with gay marriage and I believe it was on CNN.

The fact is the current atmosphere is quick to label anti gay marriage as homophobic and even supporting the lines of Uganda.

People know the church does not support homosexuality so there's no surprise there.

I think it is important what he has done here which is confirm the stance and reiterate the love of God for all. Especially in the context of what's going on in Uganda.

This was not a general conversation. He clearly stated God has told us what sexuality is and then about free will. Even Paul said all things are permissible but not all things are beneficial. I see the same here.

Farida... at the bolded. Thank you for posting this. It is most definitely the Truth, every word of it.

And you are right, it is important / imperative to confirm the love of God (without compromise) in light of what is going on in Uganda.

The gay agenda is so 'extra' / way too extreme and too quick and in total error I may add, to connect any Christian to Uganda. They are expending their ammo and will soon no longer be able maintain the support and the attention for their battle. The Truth always wills, lies always fail which is what their agenda is based upon, hyperbole and lies; it was all they could muster up to support their cause.