Ripple Effect + Braid Out = Good Results???

Chichi

Hi All,

I am taking a deep breath and thinking of doing an airdry braid out on Wednesday... Of course I am running everything through my head but I ran into a snag...

I am thinking of using the John Frieda Ripple Effect then scrunching up my hair to dry but what do I do when I go to sleep? I was thinking of cornrows but would I end up too crinkly in th morning (I just want soft, S curls in the morning).

Has anyone tried this? How do you maintain a braidout for like 3 days? I am also washing today with a rollerset and somehow that seems easier to me than the braidout LOL
smile.gif

Thanks for any help.

Chichi

I used it last summer but not for braid outs. I put in in the hair and scrunched the hair until it dried wavy. I used Kiehls Silk Groom with it too first to cut down on frizzing. At night I piled the hair on my crown with a scrunchie and put a scarf over that.

It last for up to 3 days then it'd have to be washed out and done again.

I get great results with the Ripple effect as well. I also use a little gel. I slept with my hair in a loose bun at night and in the morning spritz my hair with water and the Ripple effect to revive curls.
smile.gif

I'm looking forward to trying the Ripple Effect with Kiehl's Silk Groom (thanks, BRH!!) this summer as a great, no heat, low maintenance style. If it comes out good, I think I'll be wearing my hair this way and in twist-outs for most of the summer!! I would love to be able to put my hooded dryer away for the summer months!!

I currently like my braid outs crinkly effect. The fewer braids the bigger the wave. Twist outs can also give you a crinkle effect.

[ QUOTE ]
I would love to be able to put my hooded dryer away for the summer months!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too Lindy. I don't want to use any heat this summer (let's see how that helps me with the Summer Grow Out Challenge that I just joined
smile.gif
).

BTW, thanks for the helpful posts ladies...(I somehow lost this thread). Using only the Ripple Effect will make things easier for me come Wednesday.

Chichi
bdance.gif

I am loving my braid out. I recently figured out how to do one and get the results that I want. It looks good. The key to having no frizzies is to not touch it that mouch. I mean unbraid and like move the hair around the cover the parts and that is it.

I agree with Karezone, a "twist out" will give u less crinkles & nice "S" waves (a tip I recvd from Lindy...thanks girl
smile.gif
)

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone tried this? How do you maintain a braidout for like 3 days? I am also washing today with a rollerset and somehow that seems easier to me than the braidout LOL .

[/ QUOTE ]

Chichi, I've been sportin' braid outs / twist outs for almost a month now. (I'm actully air drying in single braids, corn rows, single twists, flat twists, flexirods & ponytails til the end of summer).

A lot of times, I air dry with a braid/twist out style, yet unravel the braids just to pull the hair back into a loose bun. This helps to maintain the crinkles/waves & protect the ends too.

Another method is to re-braid the hair. Of course this means that u have to manipulate the hair so be gentle. I dampen my hair with water then spritz with S-Curl followed by Hot Six oil. I then proceed to braid the hair in the same position as the original braids. I leave about 1" of hair unbraided on the ends, slap a roller on the ends, & cover with a satin/silk bonnet. When dry, then unravel, put in a loose gathered bun or let the hair hang. I'm able to maintain a "fresh" braid/twist out for 5 days
smile.gif

Roller sets vs braid outs... for me, the braid outs are much, much easier & soooooo much more convenient... just braid the hair & go. With a rollerset, I have to roll (a pure headache when rollering bs length back hair
mad.gif
), then sit under that restricting dryer for 2-3 hrs
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. I am soooo happy that I've stored my dryer away for the summer
grin.gif
. I plan to air dry my hair to kingdom come !!!
laugh.gif
(or til Fall, which ever comes first
drunk.gif
)

BTW, I have "twists" in my hair now... hopefully it'll be dry this evening... I'm posting the pics in my album
wink.gif

God Bless,
Peachtree

Back