Used Ripple Effect, but no Ripple!

Mochalolita

Hey all....I'm trying to minimize blow drying my hair, and I've been doing a pretty good job of it (love my GE bonnet dryer, by the way!) I've seen a lot of good things about Ripple Effect, so I decided to try it. I noticed on the bottle that it said to use it with the Texture Correcting serum for best results. Well, I followed the instructions exactly, put my blow dryer on a low setting with the diffuser, and got to scrunching....I got nothing. No defined waves or anything. And my hair was crunchy on top of that. Strange thing, though, the serum felt really good when I first put in in my hair. I've gotten better definition just using gel on my hair. Has anyone ever had this problem? I would like to try it again, but I'm wondering if I did something wrong. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Hugs,
Crys

G

Hey there.

I've used the Ripple Effect before. I've never used the texture correcting stuff, but I did get waves and curls, lots of them. But I know people who have tried it and it did nothing for them.

I had to stop using it because it was fighting my perm. Now to make my hair curly, I'll use anything thick and or sticky and scrunch my hair to get even better results.

Ennyaa

So this Ripple Effects stuff is supposed to work even on relaxed hair? That's really interesting.

G

Yeah, that's what it claims to do. But the problem is, though it worked for me, it can leave a frizzy, dry mess if it is blow dryed or diffused.

T

Tee

Ripple Effects was a disaster for me! It gave me more of a crinkly effect and dried my hair out. I prefer Frederic Fekkai Wave Making Spray, which actually gives me waves and curls (even on my stick straight ends), and doesn't make my hair feel hard or dry.

caramelbarbie

<font color="blue"> Hi Mochalolita!
I tried the ripple effect a few days ago. I used the serum and the R.E spray. Then I scrunched and scrunched my hair until my hand hurt while using my blowdryer on low and got some pretty nice ripples. It looked kind of neat but I have a lot of new growth so it looked wild. My hair was way way too dry. While I was scrunching the serum was making the ends of my hair break because my hair was sticking to my hand.
I think I'll get Kiehl's silk groom like Brownrelaxedhair suggested in one of her posts then use R.E.
I'll give it another try when I get my hair relaxed in Jan.

Tonya

Yeah I have used it along with the correcting texture stuff too and my results were less than desirable.....

Maybe I will try again. but lately my hair has not been cooperating at all! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

NubianAngel

Ive never used this product, but I was wondering if maybe it has something to do with how straight your hair is relaxed? Some ladies don't process their hair bone straight, and maybe this product would work better for them? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tonya

My hair is nto relaxed bone staright it already ahs a slight wave to it but it still did not work....Knew it was too good to be true.
Karonica can you provide step by step instrustions on how u did this may be I will try again.

Mochalolita, I'm sorry the R.E didn't work. I don't use the serum with it. All I do is on damp hair just washed, I first run Kiehls silk groom throughout. This is what stops me from frizzing. I know because I did it once without it and it was awful. Then I spritz R.E all over, scruching with my hands. I don't use a dryer, I just let it air dry (which is why I usually do it during the summer when the heat dries it fast). After that I usually get waves all over and curls. Not spirals, just nice curls kind of.

I've noticed its a hit or miss product though as there's a few girls who've tried it and hated it.