Rock head husband and his lack of support! (RANT)

Caramela

Caramela, I can see the reasons behind both choices- staying relaxed and transitioning anyways. I support which ever option you choose. But, I honestly don't feel that transitioning to natural is worth a marriage. :nono: Unless of course, it's to the pt where u feel like he has some self-hate issues that u don't have and it's making u grow apart. But, then it wouldnt just be about hair, right? :ohwell:

I don't think it's worth the friction either. And I don't think there are any deep seeded issues that are driving us apart. It's really just about the hair and what's attractive to him. He has backed up and relaxed a little, but I know what look will keep me most attractive to him and as his wife, I'm obligated to give that more than a passing thought.

Nice & Wavy

I don't think it's worth the friction either. And I don't think there are any deep seeded issues that are driving us apart. It's really just about the hair and what's attractive to him. He has backed up and relaxed a little, but I know what look will keep me most attractive to him and as his wife, I'm obligated to give that more than a passing thought.

Good for you!!!

Southernbella.

LOL.......I'am a relationship counselor...LOL

My father is Ordained Pastor and I'am a Ordained minister/counselor

You guys didn't know that ......

Do you think your friend's husband would be willing to see a counselor about his problem? I just feel awful for her.:sad:

Traycee

Do you think your friend's husband would be willing to see a counselor about his problem? I just feel awful for her.:sad:

They are going to counseling.....But one good thing is her hair will grow back....He is not the type of man that would cheat....and he doesn't put her down....but the fact that she knows that he is not attracted to her right now hurts her......He loves the ground this woman walks on...And he is a great father....He's not going anywhere...This too for them shall pass !!!! But he told her before she did it...that he is not attracted to that....He even tried to convince her to grow her hair out some more before cutting.....So she walked into this knowing how he felt about it...We get all big and bad but....being desired by the man we want to spend the rest of our life with matters to us......

PeggyFair

They are going to counseling.....But one good thing is her hair will grow back....He is not the type of man that would cheat....and he doesn't put her down....but the fact that she knows that he is not attracted to her right now hurts her......He loves the ground this woman walks on...And he is a great father....He's not going anywhere...This too for them shall pass !!!! But he told her before she did it...that he is not attracted to that....He even tried to convince her to grow her hair out some more before cutting.....So she walked into this knowing how he felt about it...We get all big and bad but....being desired by the man we want to spend the rest of our life with matters to us......

Him having an issue over her hair length is not as bad as him having an issue over her God given hair texture. I feel hair texture is like our race or skintone, we just have no control over it.

Southernbella.

I'm glad to hear they're working it out.:yep: