Roller set without a dryer?

LawyerBarbie07

I'm wondering if you can roller set without using a dryer...I waited til late to wash my hair and I'm sooo sleepy. Could I just roller set as usual...and tie it up without sitting under the dryer?

Sometimes when it's late and I know I don't want to sit under the dryer for a long time, I sit under for about 30 mins and then air dry the rest. You can check a roller in the morning and if it's still a little damp, sit under there for a few minutes. :) Hope this helps.

I've done it for the past few years on LHCF. I rollerset then sleep on them overnight (takes practice). My hair seems more full, bouncy and moisturized when airdrying this way.:)

I have to sit under the dryer for about 30 minutes and then airdry the rest of the way cause my hair is really thick. But there are a lot of ladies that completely airdry their rollersets.

How did it turn out??? I know that it would seem for me that if I have a day where I plan on not leaving the house then I could do it completely airdrying other than that I am going to need to sit under the dryer for 30 minutes and then go to sleep and let the rest air dry. Completely airdrying overnight would not work for me because my hair is really thick and would not dry completely that way.

Thanks ya'll, I was toooooo tired to do anything so I just put it in a bun and dried it that way. I'm glad t oknow I can do this now and will try it on saturday (hope it wont have me looking a whole hot mess for easter!) :)

crlsweetie912 said:
I have to sit under the dryer for about 30 minutes and then airdry the rest of the way cause my hair is really thick. But there are a lot of ladies that completely airdry their rollersets.
My hair is very thick also. What works for me is timing. I have to start early in the evening for my hair to be dry by the next morning. The recent way I've been rollersetting with Sylver2's scarf method seems to take less time to airdry.:)

Mom23 said:
Sometimes when it's late and I know I don't want to sit under the dryer for a long time, I sit under for about 30 mins and then air dry the rest. You can check a roller in the morning and if it's still a little damp, sit under there for a few minutes. :) Hope this helps.
What she said!:)

Hi Everyone,

I have never roller set my natural hair before, is it necessary to use setting lotion to do a roller set? Please help :look:

I have done this. As long as you have applied the right amount of tension on the rollers and as long as the hair was wet and layed flat on the roller....it really does not matter whether it dries with heat or not. Heat will give it a more polished look but for the most part, airdrying turns out nice and full too.

Back