Roller setting success!!!

nicky

Hey ya'll! I just had to post-- I rollerset my hair last night (on dry hair, using some leave-in conditioner as a setting lotion) with those solar flexible rollers (cause the covering is some type of satiny material) and it came out really well! Granted, I just threw in the rollers any which way and so had a little trouble styling my hair but after I just decided to finger comb it into a bob shape, I really liked it. I have these nice spirally curls just at the ends of my hair and my hair is the perfect length for this style to look really full and pretty-- straight at the top and these full bouncy curls at the bottom!!!

I'm really happy about it-- and the curls even made it through the foggy misty morning weather without frizzing up!!! And the rollers are soft so I had no problem sleeping in them!

The best thing is that it took 5 or so minutes to do my hair this morning...

Oh and the other thing that has me happy is that my significant other told me over the weekend how my hair was so beautiful and SHINY!!! All my hard work is paying off-- I'm in hair heavan today! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nicky

Allandra

Nicky,

Congratulations on the roller set! It's always nice to have a successful roller set. I wish I could do them more often, but they take so much time.

Kitkat

Congrats, Nicky! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I swear by roller setting. It takes me about 1/2 hour to do my head, but it's so much healthier than, say, a curling iron. I do way less damage, and the curls last for a few days. And using leave in conditioner as a setting lotion is fantastic, isn't it?

sweetcocoa

Congratulations. I also did a rollerset over the weekend on dry hair. I have some of those solar rollers. I may try them tomorrow evening. It feels good when you know all your hard work is paying off. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nyambura

surfer girl
Congratulations, Nicky! Doesn't it feel good when you start seeing the payoffs of all your hard work? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Can you tell me where one can buy solar flexible rollers? Thanks in advance for your response. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MissM

Where did you buy your rollers and how many packs would I have to buy for my bra strap length hair? Were they really that comfy to sleep in?

nicky

Thanks everyone! My day is ending and I still have curls-- so I think I'm definitely going to be hooked on roller setting from now on.

I bought the rollers at the local Eckerds drug store. Lemme go find the pack and I'll tell you exactly what they are:

Solar rollers by Nandi

They're gold and come 8 to a package. Well, actually the really thin ones come 10 to a package but I decided that my hair would be too frizzy if I set them on those-- they were about the size of drinking straws so probably would be good for a "straw" set.

Anyway, I got the slightly larger size which are about an inch in diameter. I only bought two packs and they were enough for me to roll my hair (which is about an inch away from bra-strap). However, I wasn't looking for a really tight curl or fullness AND I'm lazy, so I probably put too much hair on each roller... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope that helps someone else to be as happy as I am today!

nicky

G

I'm going to go to Wal-mart and get some today. I'm getting too lazy to do wet roller sets plus I like the idea of it only taking five minutes or so with the solar rollers!

Thanks Nicky!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tracy

I must have issues with rollers of this shape because even with a pic sent to me by some generous soul here, I STILL can't so a flexirod set and these solar rollers have been under my sink forever because I can't get these suckers to STAY IN! Grrrrrr!

Well Nicky I'm glad one of us can make it work for them....The style you got sounds EXACTLY how I want to wear my hair as it gets longer, but I can't do a dry set, or any kind of a spiral set yet, to save MY LIFE! Maybe I need more length? And the thing is you can't even get that style to lookk as nice and stay all day like that unless you set it....
I may try sponge rollers with end papers....I knew someone who got similar results with those. maybe they will be easier to control.....

Anyway - I am baaaabbbllllinnnggg! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Congrats girl. Post a pic! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

Okay, I purchased two packs from Wal-mart and they were $4.97 each. I will use them tonight and post my results tomorrow. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

Yesterday I tried these rollers for the first time. I got two packages of solar rollers that said "Curls and Body". My hair is about two-three inches past my shoulders. I had washed my hair the night before and used ORS olive oil to moisturize it. I got my liquid leave-in conditioner and I dampened sections of my hair and rolled my hair going under. I didn't need a comb to part my hair into sections. I just used my fingers. It took me less than ten minutes to roll my entire head of hair. I let it air dry most of the evening then I took out the rollers. My hair looked almost like it would have looked with a regular wet set!! I was so shocked!!! /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. I had incredible body and the curls were kind of tight and came up to the bottom of my neck. When I got up this morning I still had nice tight curls. My hair looks so good! I can't find my camera to take a picture. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I would definitely recommend these rollers. They are very easy to use and you can roll your hair up very quickly. The only thing is I haven't tried sleeping in them yet so I can't vouch for if they are comfortable or not.

HTH!!

G

Yesterday I tried these rollers for the first time. I got two packages of solar rollers that said "Curls and Body". My hair is about two-three inches past my shoulders. I had washed my hair the night before and used ORS olive oil to moisturize it. I got my liquid leave-in conditioner and I dampened the ends of sections of my hair and rolled my hair going under. I didn't need a comb to part my hair into sections. I just used my fingers. It took me less than ten minutes to roll my entire head of hair. I let it air dry most of the evening then I took out the rollers. My hair looked almost like it would have looked with a regular wet set!! I was so shocked!!! /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. I had incredible body and the curls were kind of tight and came up to the bottom of my neck. When I got up this morning I still had nice tight curls. My hair looks so good! I can't find my camera to take a picture. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I would definitely recommend these rollers. They are very easy to use and you can roll your hair up very quickly. The only thing is I haven't tried sleeping in them yet so I can't vouch for if they are comfortable or not.

HTH!!