Rollerset question, what do you do at night??

nita4

For those of you that rollerset. How do you maintain the curls at night? I had a wonderful, soft rollerset this past weekend, full of tight curls, but I didn't know what to them with them at night /images/graemlins/confused.gif Do you just tie them up and hope for the best in the morning?? I really don't want to sleep in those rollers. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I like to set my hair on a smaller roller for a tight curl. I don't use any setting lotions, just my leave ins. I want to let my curls wear out and then pin my hair up once my curls die. But I don't know if this would work, so I normally comb them out and pin my hair back up. Has anyone done this with success? I really don't want to get a bunch of tangles in my hair. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

It would be nice if I could get my set to last four days this would make such a nice change come summer. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allandra

When I want to keep my curls after roller setting, I do a high ponytail on top of my head and then put on my satin bonnet. I don't do this often, because I usually wrap my hair after roller setting for a smooth, sleek look.

nita4

Allandra, My hair isn't that long, and kind of cut in layers, but chin length. That is a good idea thou..!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I have to get a good even shoulder length before I could even pull that off.

I think I may just have to put a bonnet on and see what happens. I usually finger comb because it's so curly. But I want to avoid any knots or tangles if possible.

The only reason I don't wrap is because I don't have a good hairstyle to wear. I'm afraid I'll will end up looking like June Cleaver /images/graemlins/frown.gif if I wrap.

Don't act like you don't know who she is!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
The only reason I don't wrap is because I don't have a good hairstyle to wear. I'm afraid I'll will end up looking like June Cleaver /images/graemlins/frown.gif if I wrap.

Don't act like you don't know who she is!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl, me and June Cleaver go way back. /images/graemlins/wink.gif I use to watch her on television all the time. You know her hair was the bomb back in the day. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think if you do decide to wrap it, when you comb it down, you could part it on the side, and tuck it behind your ears on each side. I think this is cute on any length of hair. If you do decide to give it a try, please let me know. Girl, go on and tuck that stuff behind your ears and strut it. You know you wanna. /images/graemlins/poke.gif Go ahead already. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sweetcocoa

I also do the high ponytail thing. Until you get some more length, try tying a silk scarf just around the hair line(like a wide head band) and sleep on a satin pillow case. Your culrs should only be a little fattened and then you can fluff them up with your fingers and go.

Lindy

That's a good idea, Sweetcocoa, but why the silk scarf tied around the head??? Is it to protect the hairline from breakage?? (Why not just sleep on the satin pillowcase?)

sweetcocoa

Lindy said:
That's a good idea, Sweetcocoa, but why the silk scarf tied around the head??? Is it to protect the hairline from breakage?? (Why not just sleep on the satin pillowcase?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it lifts the hair up(especially on the sides) so it won't get as flat. If you have bangs you can clip them to the side first...then wrap the scarf around.

nita4

Thanks ladies!! Absolutely love the responses!!

Two new hairdo's!! - Doing my happy dance /images/graemlins/cool.gif - my hair is growing and I'm getting tired of wearing it up all the time. Would love to try something new this spring.

Did I mention that it looks like spring here in Cali??? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I love my hair after a rollerset and I really want to keep my curls for at least two days. So I'll try the silk scarf around the hairline first. If my curls flatten to much or even if they don't - afterwards - I'll do the behind the ear thing.

June's hair was the bomb back in the day hair!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sweetcocoa

nita4 said:

Did I mention that it looks like spring here in Cali??? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl I am happy for you...but did you have to say that? ...you know we are digging out from a major snow storm here on the east coast! lol!
Shame on you.. /images/graemlins/spank.gif

model_chick717

When my hair is rollerset, at night I pin it up on the top of my head with a few bobby pins. I sleep with a satin pillow case and in the morning and pin--and it falls right back into place!

Chaya

I rollerset every week however I like the loose looking waves so I wrap at night. I cant have too much movement in the hair at night because I sleep like a WILD CHILD and I sweat so I have to have my hair wrapped up tight in TWO scarves. Yes, its that bad. But in the morning I only spend two minutes in the morning combing it down and Im ready to go!

renee_n_3000

I pin my hair up loosely and cover it with my satin scarf. The curls bounce back when I shake them out in the morning.

Now I'm off to search for a picture of June Cleaver so I can see why her hair was the bomb.
I think I've only seen one episode of Leave it to Beaver and that was just a few months ago.

GoingBack

I re-roll the front and top of my hair and then either pin curl or just pin up the back. I then put a silk scarf over my hair and then my satin bonnet over that. Sometimes I just use the bonnet. Hope that you find what works best for you!