Rollersetters...how much is too much?

OneInAMillion

I just got my hair relaxed about a week ago and I forgot how much I loved doing my OWN hair right after :) . Typically, I rollerset and get the roots blown weekly, but I want to hold off from the direct heat as long as I can. I've rollerset twice so far, but I want to know if it's too much to rollerset your hair every 4-5 days and sit under a hooded dryer only (no direct heat). Is that too much manipulation? What do you ladies think?

shunta

I dont think so. I do the same thing and my hair is thriving because its not direct heat. It will be fine.:D

luvlonghair

shunta said:
I dont think so. I do the same thing and my hair is thriving because its not direct heat. It will be fine.:D

I agree, I set my hair twice a week and it seems like my new growth comes in faster:perplexed :look: :ohwell:

e$h

OneInAMillion said:
I just got my hair relaxed about a week ago and I forgot how much I loved doing my OWN hair right after :) . Typically, I rollerset and get the roots blown weekly, but I want to hold off from the direct heat as long as I can. I've rollerset twice so far, but I want to know if it's too much to rollerset your hair every 4-5 days and sit under a hooded dryer only (no direct heat). Is that too much manipulation? What do you ladies think?

Good question. I wanted to know the same thing cuz that's what I've been doing.
It does seem like your NG comes in faster too.

gradygirl

I'm glad you started this post because I'm going to start washing every 4 days and I was wondering if that you be too much heat with sitting under the dryer. I'm also concerned if it will be too much manipulation. Are any of you ladies getting less or more breakage from doing this?

OneInAMillion said:

I rollerset my hair every 4-5 days, I don't think that's too much, just remember to deep condishion at least once a week and use heat protectant. I love rollersetting, that way I don't have to use heat, except for my carusos, which I absolutely love:love:

macherieamour

Hmm...I used to rollerset every 4-5 days and it ended up making my hair dry and dull. It was also too much manipulation for me...

MizaniMami

macherieamour said:
Hmm...I used to rollerset every 4-5 days and it ended up making my hair dry and dull. It was also too much manipulation for me...

Um, where have you been missy?!?! lol, glad to see your back!

OneInAMillion

Thanks for all the responses ladies! I'll definitely incorporate heat protection. Maybe I'll even cut the dryer time down to 1/2 an hour and air dry the rest.

I'll keep an eye on the amount of hair I lose doing this, but so far so good.

Macherieamor...I'll look out for any signs of dryness. It's funny you said that, because I thought this would be a way to keep my hair moisturized (more washing & keeping the hair uniform by rollersetting. I'll be sure to monitor this.

albane

I also rollerset frequently twice a week and I never felt it creates any dryness despite the fact I am drying under the hood quite all the time.
I hope it helps

prettypuff1

macherieamour said:

Would you say once every two weeks is o.k.?

Lady Esquire

OneInAMillion said:

Good question. I usually rollerset on Saturday and then I co-wash on Wed/Thursday, and because I am always afraid of too much manipulation, I opt for a airdried bun. I am glad to see some say its okay to rollerset twice weekly, 'cause in the summer, my airdryed bun looks soooo busted!